Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: just curious

Post by xmischax » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:09 am

fuschial wrote:Hi guys!

Just a curious thought.. I was wondering how old u guys are. I just chanced upon this forum and from what i gathered some of you are still studying in poly or are in late teens to early 20's? hmmm my friend said that the age limit is around 26?
i`m 17, pretty sure i`m the youngest (or one of the youngest) here. :lol:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:08 pm

There is no age limit for SIA. they even take in ppl at ages 28 and 29 if they fit the bill. dont worry abt these minor stuff. try to maintain your slim body, make sure your skin is clear and be confident when u speak, thats abt it.

be aware of how u sit, walk, talk. keep practising your speech. and if u are serious just go for it.. try keep trying. you sure get in. dont let rejection from them stop you from getting in. you are the only one who can stop yourself seriously.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

givemeaclue

Post by givemeaclue » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 9:36 am

I just posted a message on another thread... Same issue. Age. At what age does SIA deem as too old for the recruitment of stewadresses?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:04 am

i think it`s more important that you look young than your age itself.. as long as you look young, i think it should be fine? :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 6:21 pm

givemeaclue - i think when they have the next recruitment drive, just bravely go for it. if u feel lack of confidence dont mention u are 30. just intro yourself n tell them abt your self and why u want to join sia?

anyway r you workin currently?

givemeaclue

Post by givemeaclue » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:04 am

corines143 wrote:givemeaclue - i think when they have the next recruitment drive, just bravely go for it. if u feel lack of confidence dont mention u are 30. just intro yourself n tell them abt your self and why u want to join sia?

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. :)
Yes, currently working. Confidence isn't an issue with me. I'm not intimidated by the young'uns. :cool: 8-) However, i feel that if the airline really does have a rule (be it written or unwritten) about only recruiting stewardesses in their late teens and 20s, then it would be pointless for me to even bother going for their interview. But, I guess this will always remain a mystery. Unless someone leaks some info...

givemeaclue

Post by givemeaclue » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:07 am

xmischax wrote:i think it`s more important that you look young than your age itself.. as long as you look young, i think it should be fine? :)
You're sweet gal. :) I will probably give it a try next time round. Meanwhile, CNY is fast approaching. Which mean I'll have to discipline myself.

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:31 am

Dear givemeaclue

No one knows for sure what is the max age that SIA recruits for her cabin crew. I will urge you to try. Even if you do not get through all the rounds, at least you gain some experience. Just give it a shot! What's important is that you must look youthful and feel young. All the best!

tenshi
givemeaclue wrote:
xmischax wrote:i think it`s more important that you look young than your age itself.. as long as you look young, i think it should be fine? :)
You're sweet gal. :) I will probably give it a try next time round. Meanwhile, CNY is fast approaching. Which mean I'll have to discipline myself.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 21 Jan 2007 8:12 pm

don`t worry about it! be young at heart! lol.. you never know until you try, so do go try! you may just make it in your first try you know. all the best yeahh! :D

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 23 Jan 2007 1:55 pm

cowie..

SIM YY! I noe ur name already. I went to take measurements for the uniform and saw ur name above mine! ur no is 11. I'm 12..

See ya on thurs.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 23 Jan 2007 3:42 pm

cowie, missmyhivy, koko77

good luck and all the best for training! :D

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:12 pm

givemeaclue wrote:
corines143 wrote:givemeaclue - i think when they have the next recruitment drive, just bravely go for it. if u feel lack of confidence dont mention u are 30. just intro yourself n tell them abt your self and why u want to join sia?

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. :)
Yes, currently working. Confidence isn't an issue with me. I'm not intimidated by the young'uns. :cool: 8-) However, i feel that if the airline really does have a rule (be it written or unwritten) about only recruiting stewardesses in their late teens and 20s, then it would be pointless for me to even bother going for their interview. But, I guess this will always remain a mystery. Unless someone leaks some info...
Hi there,

I have a friend who got in when she was 29 and another got in when she was 28. So, i believe age is not really a problem.

Go and try. All the best!~ :D

superwoman

cabin crew

Post by superwoman » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 8:50 pm

i'm a ex cabin crew & yes you may be a cabin crew even your 23 now. I understand SIA do go for "mother" as cabin crew nowsaday can anyone tell me is't true?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:16 pm

dont think and worry so much ... anything is possible with SIA just go and try..

cheers........

fuschial

Re: cabin crew

Post by fuschial » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:36 pm

superwoman wrote:i'm a ex cabin crew & yes you may be a cabin crew even your 23 now. I understand SIA do go for "mother" as cabin crew nowsaday can anyone tell me is't true?
Hi superwoman,

wat u mean by "mother"? just curious...