Singapore Expats

how to lose those extra kilo's

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
mother of two

how to lose those extra kilo's

Post by mother of two » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 4:32 pm

hi there,can anyone help me solve my problem,i am thinking of buying some slimming pills cause i want to lose 6kg of my weight,i heard about xando and extrim but i dunno anything about it and im scared of side effect,im still breasfeeding my baby btw,i gave birth 9months ago and thats one of the reason why im scared of trying any of those pills,if any of u have some natural remedy for me to use,i would really appreciate it.u can email me at this add. [email protected] thanks in advance :P

Post by Guest » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 4:56 pm

If u are breast feeding, it would be better for u to see a GP. Actually its very easy to lose 6kg by doing exercise. U can always exercise by doing house work.

Moonluku

Re: how to lose those extra kilo's

Post by Moonluku » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 5:01 pm

mother of two wrote:hi there,can anyone help me solve my problem,i am thinking of buying some slimming pills cause i want to lose 6kg of my weight,i heard about xando and extrim but i dunno anything about it and im scared of side effect,im still breasfeeding my baby btw,i gave birth 9months ago and thats one of the reason why im scared of trying any of those pills,if any of u have some natural remedy for me to use,i would really appreciate it.u can email me at this add. [email protected] thanks in advance :P
i shld sai,u shld start see a Dr fr obstetricican and gynaecologist
as its ur physical exertion releases endorphins(happy hormones) which lift your spirits and help mother deal with stress and postpartum depression,that why your weight havnt down

you should always consult a Dr before embarking on any post natal workout
Do some YOGA it helps
bt it depends on the each fitness levels n metabolism,some woman lose weight faster than other

since most of the weight put on during pregnancy consists of water,the traditional massage and binding combined with regular exercise can help the elimination of excess fluid

a good goal is to lose no more than half a kilo a week
do not go on diet!!or cut dwn on carbs to lose weigh!!as u a mother need to sustain ur energy while breastfeeding
n of cos no slimming pills

mother of two

Post by mother of two » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 5:22 pm

I thought no one will reply to my message :Dim not on any dieat yet btw and i read a lot of scary storries about taking slimming pills so maybe i wont try it.anyway thanks a lot guys for ur help/adviced,really appreciate it,i will try and do some exercise,so wish me luck :D

kelly

Re: how to lose those extra kilo's

Post by kelly » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:54 am

mother of two wrote:hi there,can anyone help me solve my problem,i am thinking of buying some slimming pills cause i want to lose 6kg of my weight,i heard about xando and extrim but i dunno anything about it and im scared of side effect,im still breasfeeding my baby btw,i gave birth 9months ago and thats one of the reason why im scared of trying any of those pills,if any of u have some natural remedy for me to use,i would really appreciate it.u can email me at this add. [email protected] thanks in advance :P
Try Herbalife.... I used to eat tat after I gave birth and I lost 15kg... I ate that 2 mths after I gave birth...maybe u can try tat too...

Btw...dun try extrim !!! they do real harm to ur stomach...esp if u breast feed

Phoenix

Lose weight

Post by Phoenix » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 5:43 pm

Dear mom,

I wouldn't advise taking supplements, not even herbalife as I've heard so much about it's effects.

To be honest, losing weight after giving birth is not as difficult as it's made out to be. When I was pregnant, I put on almost 28 kgs - but as soon as I gave birth, I got my body back in about 3 months. I think it's the breastfeeding, and the fact that I walked up and down 3 flights of stairs to my office every day. I didn't take the lift at all. Having said that, yes, execise is the way - and watching your diet. try to have lots of veggies - and soupy meals like fish/chicken/vege (kangkong/kailan etc) soups - they are very filling and healthy. Fruits are fine, but to be honest, they are actually full of sugar which, if not used, will be stored in the body as fats. As best as I could, i try to avoid fruit juices as these are really sugar - and worse still, no fibre at all. I'd prefer to eat the fruit than juicing them as our bodies will burn more calories trying to digest the fibre. I sometimes snack on celery sticks - it's pack ful of fibre and we'd burn a lot of calories just eating these! I use celery a lot in soups too. I normally make my own 'fishball' soups - from fresh fish - as processed food is not good for you.

I have now stopped taking sugar in my coffee/tea for at least 8 years now - I only use low fat milk. I love my carbohydrates, but I try to watch my portion size. I've even switched to wholemeal bread rather than white bread as it's much healthier. Even little things like these would help - not just short term, but in the long run.

I still eat choc/cakes when the craving kicks in, as it's better to indulge once in a while. I allow myself one piece (not one bar!) of choc, or one cookie with my tea every day. don't deprive yourself.

Of course, exercise is important. I try to exercise at least 30 min per day - I mostly walk for 40 minutes on the treadmill, but I have the privilege of time, which many people don't. I also clean my own apartment , and I also do my own ironing. After slugging around the apartment with the vacuum cleaner for 30 min, you'd be surprised how much exercise you're getting - and your house is clean too.

I know I ramble on. Sorry. Just be sensible in your eating habits, and exercise every day. If you can swim, do that. It's one of the best exercise. Walking everywhere is good too. It doesn't cost you a thing, except losing weight.

Good luck with your weight and baby.

BabyTsina

Post by BabyTsina » Sat, 20 Nov 2004 2:12 pm

Hello, this is what i use to lose weight :)

The Scarsdale Diet

The Menu

* Everyday
Breakfast : 1 slice of toast, 1 glass of grapefruit juice, 1 slice of any fruit (except bananas, mangoes and avocado as these are high in fat and/or sugar).

MONDAY
Lunch : Any cold cuts + unlimited veggies
Dinner : Steak

TUESDAY
Lunch : Burger steak
Dinner : Fish / shell fish

WEDNESDAY
Lunch : Fresh fruit

THURSDAY
Lunch : Eggs and fruit
Dinner : Chicken

FRIDAY
Lunch : Cheese + Vegetables
Dinner : Fish / shell fish

SATURDAY

Lunch : Fruits
Dinner : Chicken

SUNDAY
Lunch : Chicken

SMD Basic Rules :
1. Eat exactly what is assigned.
2. Dont drink any alcoholic beverages.
3. You can only snack with as many carrotd and as much as celery as you want.
4. You can only drink regular or decaffeinated black coffee, tea club soda (with lemon if desired) and diet sodas in all flavors).
5. Use only lemon and vinegar or vinalgrette or mustard dressing when preparing salad.
6. Eat vegetables without butter, margarince or other fat.
7. All meat should be very lean. Remove skin and fat from chicken and other meats before eating.
8. Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed.
9. Dont stay on SMD for more than 14 days.
10. Non-stick vegetables spray, cocktail sauce, herbs, seasoning, spices, grated onion, minced parsley, ketchup. chili sauce and mustard are permitted in moderation.
11. Sugar substitute can be used. Do not use cream, whole milk, butter, margarine, oils, fats, shortening or mayonnaise.
12. Do not eat ice cream, frozen custard, pastry, sweet dessert, rice, potato, avocado, sausage, salami

mother of two

Post by mother of two » Sat, 20 Nov 2004 3:56 pm

Thank you all for your reply,its really helpfull for me cause now i have lots of idea on how to lose weight in a healthy and proper way,i will keep posting here and let you know the result,hopefully i can do it,wish me luck again :D