Singapore Expats

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:43 pm

u mean there is stil a tea party? i tot this was cancelled alreday??
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:12 pm

yeahh i thought so too..

ecila

Post by ecila » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 7:35 am

Thanks M.

Yes. There is going to be a tea session not party as how they address it as.

Sighs.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 7:36 am

ecila wrote:Thanks M.

Sighs.
all the best for that anyways! :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:15 am

ecila wrote:Thanks M.

Sighs.
Goodluck babe! :cool:

fresh7up

The "Tea Party"

Post by fresh7up » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:05 am

So the high-tea session will be before the water confident test or after?

I heard from my camp mates who's a leading steward himself that during this gathering they're looking out for your social skills. Concentrate more on interacting and less on the food.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: The "Tea Party"

Post by M » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:03 pm

fresh7up wrote:So the high-tea session will be before the water confident test or after?

I heard from my camp mates who's a leading steward himself that during this gathering they're looking out for your social skills. Concentrate more on interacting and less on the food.
Seperate days. Definitely you're not there to chomp and chomp?

M :cool:

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 4:10 pm

M wrote:
fresh7up wrote:So the high-tea session will be before the water confident test or after?

Seperate days. Definitely you're not there to chomp and chomp?

I was just thinking... if I were there at the 'tea party' I don't think I have the appetite to eat - with the presence of the SIA management team around to scrutinize you. Hehe
Perhaps they're there to even assess the way you eat those cakes and how you handle those teacups!

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 6:50 pm

Lol... probably...
I wonder, if everyone does communicate with each other, having a well-interaction with the people there, how is the management team going to choose the right one?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 7:55 pm

fresh7up wrote:I was just thinking... if I were there at the 'tea party' I don't think I have the appetite to eat - with the presence of the SIA management team around to scrutinize you. Hehe
Perhaps they're there to even assess the way you eat those cakes and how you handle those teacups!
Hehe. I wish I have the answer but unfortunately I didn't make it to the tea session on both occasions. :oops:

I guess it's much of a social interaction and they are there to observe. Got a mate whom went to the loo and back, skipped the tea session and was in anyway? Really, luck plays a huge part.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 8:48 pm

fresh7up wrote: Perhaps they're there to even assess the way you eat those cakes and how you handle those teacups!
You could be right some people have revolting table manners and dirty habits. This might seem a little over the top (and probably is); there is an 'art' in the way you handle cups and plates especially if you passing them to others and think where you put them when finished.

I think it doubtless though the main aim is to see how well you interact with other people; very difficult to fool anyone since your body language and reactions will be a tell-all but don't let that put you off. :D

ecila

Post by ecila » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 5:53 am

Tea session is after water confident test . On separate days.
I don't even know if i could make it to the tea session! There is gonna be the management round first. = (

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 6:04 am

ecila wrote:

Tea session is after water confident test . On separate days.
I don't even know if i could make it to the tea session! There is gonna be the management round first. = (
don`t worry! i`m sure you can! just do your best and the rest will take care of itself. alright? all the best! :D

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:30 am

Plavt wrote: there is an 'art' in the way you handle cups and plates especially if you passing them to others and think where you put them when finished.
Yes, I have to agree with you on this one.

Table manners not only covers the "no-elbow-on-the-table" policy, no talking while you're eating but also goes deep into details like the way you stir that tea, how and where you place that tea spoon next and how you carry that saucer and teacup before you drink.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 4:57 pm

20 out of 22 made it to management interview after today's water confidence test. No psychomatrix test as it has been removed since last year.

Excluded ones were a guy whom probably didn't make the height requirement and the other probably walk too much like he's marching towards a riot gathering.

It isn't necessary to know how to swim as you will be given a life vest and you're expected to swim to the other end on your back. :???:

Goodluck to all final interview interviewees.