Singapore Expats

Any tips on passing 2.4km?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Shellfish

Any tips on passing 2.4km?

Post by Shellfish » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:01 pm

Every time when i'm in between the 2.4km run, my throat starts to get really dry. I try really hard not to swallow my saliva but when just a bit gets down, my throat starts to close up and I start choking.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Any tips on passing 2.4km?

Post by ksl » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 2:28 am

Shellfish wrote:Every time when i'm in between the 2.4km run, my throat starts to get really dry. I try really hard not to swallow my saliva but when just a bit gets down, my throat starts to close up and I start choking.
why aren't you taking a bottle of water or glucose with you on the run? or chew/suck some mints on the run!

Shellfish

Post by Shellfish » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 7:19 am

I'm going for my IPPT soon. Did some test runs and found out the problems i have. I have never passed my 2.4km before. What tips in training for it beside just running 2.4 everyday to catch up with the timing? As for the throat problem, is it advisable to drink and run?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:55 am

Shellfish wrote:I'm going for my IPPT soon. Did some test runs and found out the problems i have. I have never passed my 2.4km before. What tips in training for it beside just running 2.4 everyday to catch up with the timing? As for the throat problem, is it advisable to drink and run?
I need to know a little mor about you, like your age, weight and reasons for the test. Is it Military or School. are you on any medication or under medical treatment? If you are, you should get clearance for any increased activity.

To improve your times, start interval training, this is sprinting as fast as possible for 100 yds, then walk until your heart beat returns to almost normal, then sprint 100 yds. If 100 is too much, go for 50 yds keep this up for at least 1km. 3 days a week.

One day a week run 2.4km at a comfortable pace, a pace that you feel relaxed, with but not to slow, your heart beat, should be around 50% of your maximum. Do not do any of this without first getting clearance from doctor, if you are much over weight.

Post all your details and then I can work something out for you. 1.5km is nothing, you should be able to fly past, if your not over weight, or suffering any ill health. post details first! age, weight, height, school, or military test.

How often have you been out running, how much time before the test.