Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:09 pm

yes fushcial its true abt the bright lights. they just wanna see your pores, your skin cos most gals go in thick makeup and they wanna see thru the thick makeup.

Qing gx- those without customer experience also can get in. the trick is actually when you speak and mention abt your job scope, your personality. the way you speak plays an important part to make them believe you are a customer oriented person altogether so just prepare your speech to look like that
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:19 pm

xuetingg wrote:
xmischax wrote:heyloo xuetingg, welcome to the forum!

well i don`t think you needa worry! if they gave you the form and told you to go for the water confidence test, i`m sure you`re in. give them some time, i`m sure it`s only a delay in them contacting you for the date. i mean, they wouldn`t have given you the form if you`re out, right? :D

congrats for getting through to the water confidence test! :wink:
Hi xmischax....

Thanks alot.... but so far i still haven get any calls from sq yet.... =( Don't know why...

The last date I know for the water confident test should be 23 Jan. Anyone from the last sq recruitment know any water test date that is later than 23 Jan?

Maybe I should call sq to check about my water test date? Please pm me if you know any number or email i could check for my issue. Your help is really appreciate.
sorry to say that i do not know any numbers or emails! maybe you can ask koko77 or cowie or missmyhivy? they should have the contacts that you require :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: hi~

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:20 pm

fuschial wrote:
qinggx wrote:
ww55 wrote:hi, i've got some qns here..

for the skin test, which part of the skin do they check for??

arms, legs and neck??

because i did have a tattoo on the back of my neck and was undergoing a lasering process to get it off...

and SIA just came to my school NP to give a career talk and was SO tempted to go for the interview that will be held soon....

:( :(

will the interview in poly be as strict as the mass interview??
Hi ww55, for skin test i think most importantly is your lower arm, face and neck. I'm not very sure about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the interview in poly will be the same as mass interview. As long as you have what it takes, they'll select you! =)

Be confident. Speak calmly. I observed that the girls who got selected in my group, talked more about their personal stuff during introduction. They told the judges about their working experience in service line, relevant one of course.

Good Luck!!! :) :)
HI qinggx,
jus a question! i mean they stated that those wit prev customer related or service line experience will be given preference. Are there those who got in that do nt have a service line experience? sad to say i do not!! :( ...

oh ya im nt from tp or the other polys but can i go for the recruitment at the polys?

THANKS! :D
no you can`t, interviews at polys are strictly for their students only.. you will have to go for the mass recruitments. :)

ww55

~~

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:21 pm

Bright light?? meaning they take a bright torch light and shine on you??

which part do they shine on?? just the face ?

hmm, anyone know roughly what is the height for the armlength test?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: ~~

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:34 pm

ww55 wrote:Bright light?? meaning they take a bright torch light and shine on you??

which part do they shine on?? just the face ?

hmm, anyone know roughly what is the height for the armlength test?
just the face.

the armlength is 2.12m if i`m not wrong. not quite sure about that. if not, it should be around 2m. i`m 159 and i managed to touch over the tape with tip toes.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:37 pm

ww55 wrote:Thx qinggx~ :D :D

am still considering to go or sud i wait till i complete my lasering process...
will they sort of like really touch ur skin and examine during the skin test?

hai.. was worried about my height as well.. my height is 158.. wat if i fail the armlength test.. ??

phew... haiz...
yeahh, do stretching and all. cos if you fail the armlength test, you`ll be asked to go. i`m 159 and i can pass, so i think you can too.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:41 pm

xuetingg.

I guess, they have couple of hundred to arrange for. Don't worry. Since you cleared the kebaya round, you shouldn't have problems going to the 3rd round. Well. Meantime you gonna wait. Give urself one week or so before callin them. If u're not scheduled for it yet, they'll still call you to wait.

This waiting period will be the best time for you to take care of ur skin. ok..

ww55

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:54 pm

xmischax wrote:

hai.. was worried about my height as well.. my height is 158.. wat if i fail the armlength test.. ??

phew... haiz...
yeahh, do stretching and all. cos if you fail the armlength test, you`ll be asked to go. i`m 159 and i can pass, so i think you can too.
stretching helps ?? thx ya, will do it if i'm gg fot the upcoming interview..

if i let down my hair, will i be ask to lift up for skin test?

coz i was thinking to go and have a experience to how it is like.. and wait till after my lasering process i'll go again.. if they ask my to leave my hair up to check my neck, i'll definately faint.. lol..

any advice? of whether i sud go now or next time when i complete my lasering course.. sorry for the Nagging.. :oops: :oops:

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:59 pm

Hi

During the kebaya fitting round, you will be asked to tie up your hair, so even if you let your hair down, the ladies will provide you with a rubber band to tie it up. We were also told to remove necklaces, watches, rings and bracelets. These facilitates the checking process.

During the checking process, we were assessed on the way we walk in the kebaya and during skin check, they have 2 big lampshades that illuminates the area around you. They will then ask you to turn your head left and right. After that, they will ask you to lift your hands slightly for them to check for scars on your arms and hands. Thereafter, you'll be asked to turn around for them to look at your back.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi
ww55 wrote:
xmischax wrote:

phew... haiz...

coz i was thinking to go and have a experience to how it is like.. and wait till after my lasering process i'll go again.. if they ask my to leave my hair up to check my neck, i'll definately faint.. lol..

any advice? of whether i sud go now or next time when i complete my lasering course.. sorry for the Nagging.. :oops: :oops:

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:03 pm

Hi again

Sorry forgot to mention that they'll be looking out for visible tattoos too. So i guess if your tattoo is visible when you are wearing the kebaya, then it's good to laser it off if you want the job. In my opinion, no harm going for the interview. Even if you do not get in, it'll be a good learning experience and you'll get to make friends too. Just my two cents worth.

tenshi
ww55 wrote:
xmischax wrote:

phew... haiz...

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:09 pm

oh i see...
><

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:22 pm

ww55 wrote: stretching helps ?? thx ya, will do it if i'm gg fot the upcoming interview..

do go for the next recruitment! we can go together, lol

ww55

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:30 pm

tenshi wrote:Hi again

Sorry forgot to mention that they'll be looking out for visible tattoos too. So i guess if your tattoo is visible when you are wearing the kebaya, then it's good to laser it off if you want the job. In my opinion, no harm going for the interview. Even if you do not get in, it'll be a good learning experience and you'll get to make friends too. Just my two cents worth.

tenshi
ww55 wrote:
xmischax wrote: yeahh, do stretching and all. cos if you fail the armlength test, you`ll be asked to go. i`m 159 and i can pass, so i think you can too.

thx tenshi for your great info.. !~ :D
think i sud really complete my lasering before i go for it..

but i'm not sure if it can be lasered off completely.. if the best result is to make it really lighten, do you think by then if i use concealer to cover it up will they still accept me?

ww55

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:34 pm

xmischax wrote:
ww55 wrote: stretching helps ?? thx ya, will do it if i'm gg fot the upcoming interview..

do go for the next recruitment! we can go together, lol
sure sure xmischax.. tat will be great! lol.. hopefully my stupid tattoo is gone by then.. .:Pray:.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:39 pm

ww55 wrote: sure sure xmischax.. tat will be great! lol.. hopefully my stupid tattoo is gone by then.. .:Pray:.
yeahh! it should be gone by then right? if not use concealer first? :)