Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
qinggx

Re: hi~

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:25 pm

ww55 wrote:hi, i've got some qns here..

for the skin test, which part of the skin do they check for??

arms, legs and neck??

because i did have a tattoo on the back of my neck and was undergoing a lasering process to get it off...

and SIA just came to my school NP to give a career talk and was SO tempted to go for the interview that will be held soon....

:( :(

will the interview in poly be as strict as the mass interview??
Hi ww55, for skin test i think most importantly is your lower arm, face and neck. I'm not very sure about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the interview in poly will be the same as mass interview. As long as you have what it takes, they'll select you! =)

Be confident. Speak calmly. I observed that the girls who got selected in my group, talked more about their personal stuff during introduction. They told the judges about their working experience in service line, relevant one of course.

Good Luck!!! :) :)

ww55

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:55 pm

Thx qinggx~ :D :D

am still considering to go or sud i wait till i complete my lasering process...
will they sort of like really touch ur skin and examine during the skin test?

hai.. was worried about my height as well.. my height is 158.. wat if i fail the armlength test.. ??

phew... haiz...

qinggx wrote:

arms, legs and neck??

because i did have a tattoo on the back of my neck and was undergoing a lasering process to get it off...

and SIA just came to my school NP to give a career talk and was SO tempted to go for the interview that will be held soon....

Hi ww55, for skin test i think most importantly is your lower arm, face and neck. I'm not very sure about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the interview in poly will be the same as mass interview. As long as you have what it takes, they'll select you! =)

Be confident. Speak calmly. I observed that the girls who got selected in my group, talked more about their personal stuff during introduction. They told the judges about their working experience in service line, relevant one of course.

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 4:02 pm

xmischax wrote:heyloo xuetingg, welcome to the forum!

well i don`t think you needa worry! if they gave you the form and told you to go for the water confidence test, i`m sure you`re in. give them some time, i`m sure it`s only a delay in them contacting you for the date. i mean, they wouldn`t have given you the form if you`re out, right? :D

congrats for getting through to the water confidence test! :wink:
Hi xmischax....

Thanks alot.... but so far i still haven get any calls from sq yet.... =( Don't know why...

The last date I know for the water confident test should be 23 Jan. Anyone from the last sq recruitment know any water test date that is later than 23 Jan?

Maybe I should call sq to check about my water test date? Please pm me if you know any number or email i could check for my issue. Your help is really appreciate.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 5:22 pm

ryanstarr wrote: Hi,
I just read the post on STOMP. I agree with the 29-year old 100%. Bullying is rife. Many newbies often reduced to tears and go to the toilet to cry their eyes out. But...you have to see to believe. Lines at Walk-in recruitment still 3000 strong.
Bullying is an unfortunate feature of too many industries even here in the UK where there are supposedly safe guards it still occurs (certainly did in my last job ). What I find appalling is those in authority must be only too well aware of such occurrences outlined above but fail to address the issue. No surprise there are great lines of applicants, people need jobs and many will not be aware of what happens until they are eventually employed.

There are not a few human beings who should take a good look at themselves and consider how they affect others. Any time I have flown and been attended by a newbie I will try to upbraid their efforts where deserved and as best I can as a passenger.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 5:31 pm

ww55 wrote:Thx qinggx~ :D :D

hai.. was worried about my height as well.. my height is 158.. wat if i fail the armlength test.. ??

phew... haiz...

qinggx wrote:

arms, legs and neck??

Correct me if I'm wrong.

guess you really need to do some streching before going down for interview.
See the world from a different vantage point

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 5:39 pm

Hey everyone, need your height.

Usually i ll measure my height using the measuring tape that one can pull very long and made of metal. Is tat accurate if i dun have any other proper instrument to use or any plc i can measure accuratelly?

When i was sec 4 my measurement was abt 158cm or 159cm now it seem like alittle strink.

Well finally i have begin with my O's level tuition and the moment i look on the sum i nearly faint... :???: bcos some of them i nearly forget ah.. :P

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 6:13 pm

Do you think we should voice out to them (reader), remain the kebaya?

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 6:40 pm

taurus19 wrote:Do you think we should voice out to them (reader), remain the kebaya?
Oh no... hopefully they would not change the kebaya...

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 6:51 pm

ww55 wrote:Thx qinggx~ :D :D

phew... haiz...
That day when I went for interview, they ask girls whose heights are around 158 to go up for measurement but that's the interview conducted in my sch. I'm not sure if they do that at sia walk-in recriutments held at hotels.

You can try the next round. No harm right? :) heh. Don't worry too much. Just go for it first.

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 6:59 pm

xuetingg wrote:
taurus19 wrote:Do you think we should voice out to them (reader), remain the kebaya?
Same here. Kerbaya is different and unique from other airlines.

Anyone know if there is anymore interview(s) at other polytechnics?

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 7:17 pm

qinggx wrote:
xuetingg wrote:
Same here. Kerbaya is different and unique from other airlines.

Anyone know if there is anymore interview(s) at other polytechnics?
Hi qinggx,

I think there is one in NP soon...

Btw, do you know when the successful applicants from your school are going for the water confident test?

fuschial

Post by fuschial » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 9:51 pm

qinggx wrote:

arms, legs and neck??

Correct me if I'm wrong.

HI qinggx,
jus a question! i mean they stated that those wit prev customer related or service line experience will be given preference. Are there those who got in that do nt have a service line experience? sad to say i do not!! :( ...

oh ya im nt from tp or the other polys but can i go for the recruitment at the polys?

THANKS! :D

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 9:51 pm

xuetingg wrote: Hi qinggx,

I think there is one in NP soon...

Btw, do you know when the successful applicants from your school are going for the water confident test?
I've got no idea when they are going for water confidence test :? Sorry.. But I know after the first interview we had last friday, the sia people ask them to wait for their call for the kerbaya testing..

fuschial

Post by fuschial » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 9:58 pm

oh ya guys,
my fren mentioned that she heard during the skin test, they shine a bright light on ur skin! is it true?LOL thats kinda funny! im a bit paranoid about the skin test cos i have this small little mark that i tot of lasering off..hmmm..anyone know whether its true?

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:01 pm

fuschial wrote:
HI qinggx,
jus a question! i mean they stated that those wit prev customer related or service line experience will be given preference. Are there those who got in that do nt have a service line experience? sad to say i do not!! :( ...

oh ya im nt from tp or the other polys but can i go for the recruitment at the polys?

THANKS! :D
Hey =)

I think there are those who do not have service experience who got in too!

I'm not sure if public can go for recruitment at polys. Sorry...