Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:30 am

All airlines exploit their female cabin crew, I have only seen two adverts that I can recall that featured male staff; Cathay Pacific and Brunei Airlines.

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:08 am

Hi all.
I just found out this forum. It's really cool.

Recently i received the reply for SIA. There is an interview for Malaysian Flight Cabin Crew in M'sia and it will be conducted on 27 Jan.

Honestly I'm kinda nervous but fortunately I found this forum.
I know there were many posts that talked about the interview procedures. Yet, I couldn't read through all the pages :???:

So I hope someone who knows it well can solve my doubts and summarize for me :D Thank you very very very much !

1. What are the latest interview processes?
2. What kinda questions will the interviewers ask during each section?
3. What is all about Psychotest and how tough will the English test be?
4. What is the suitable attire for attending the interview?

If not mistaken, all the procedures will be held in one day as the reply letter did informed me to bring along my swimming gear.

and there is another doubt from me. When i'm reading the old post, I found out they all said that SIA stewardess always have brain. I just wonder, how do they justify whether they really have the brain? lol.... Am i asking too much ?? sobz, just curious...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:47 am

i`ve pm-ed you. i hope it helps. you can`t pm back till you have 5 posts if i`m not wrong, to prevent spammers.

SIA stewardesses always have brain, what do you mean by that? well i do believe that it`s not the outside, beauty that they are looking at, but they are also looking for intellectual ladies. i mean, beauty on the outside is only that much.. and i also believe that you have a brain too. i don`t think you`re brainless! :lol:

fuschial

oO

Post by fuschial » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:24 am

koko77 wrote:they will only look at ur face and probably ur neck. They stand abt 50cm away from you. And scrutinised you.

It's pure luck when it comes to the elimination during this round.
Hi koko,

im new here! i heard most girls don get thru the skin test. u mentioned they stand 50 cm away from u?i thought that they will throughly examine ur skin etc?do they do that? :D

anyway i realised i missed the recent recruitment! :cry: are any of u girls going for the next one? i would love to go wit u guys! anyhow, im currently wearing braces now, so i doubt the chances are good anyway...

ww55

hi~

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:32 am

hi, i've got some qns here..

for the skin test, which part of the skin do they check for??

arms, legs and neck??

because i did have a tattoo on the back of my neck and was undergoing a lasering process to get it off...

and SIA just came to my school NP to give a career talk and was SO tempted to go for the interview that will be held soon....

:( :(

will the interview in poly be as strict as the mass interview??

ww55

Re: oO

Post by ww55 » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:37 am

hi, dun worry if u are wearing braces.. this qns was asked during my school SIA talk.. and the air stwardess said that as long as ur braces was taken off after all traning period, it will be fine..
hope it helps...
fuschial wrote:
koko77 wrote:they will only look at ur face and probably ur neck. They stand abt 50cm away from you. And scrutinised you.

It's pure luck when it comes to the elimination during this round.
Hi koko,

im new here! i heard most girls don get thru the skin test. u mentioned they stand 50 cm away from u?i thought that they will throughly examine ur skin etc?do they do that? :D

anyway i realised i missed the recent recruitment! :cry: are any of u girls going for the next one? i would love to go wit u guys! anyhow, im currently wearing braces now, so i doubt the chances are good anyway...

valeriewjm

Post by valeriewjm » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:43 am

xmischax wrote:hey did you guys see today`s sunday times? 2 page feature on the singapore girl.. go read up on it! :D

if you didn`t get the papers and you want to read it, pm me your email address and i`ll send it to you. i`ve scanned it into a pdf file cos another poster wanted to see it. :D

I can't pm yet, but i really want to read the article. :(

valeriewjm

Post by valeriewjm » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:54 am

Something i read on STOMP.com

Ex-SIA girl speaks up

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1339.aspx

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:24 am

xmischax wrote:i think as long as you can see curves on a woman, they will be like, "she`s portrayed as a sex object!" i mean, come on!
Hi xmischax I believe that's their initial intention. SIA started off with her first commercial with the slogan "This Girl Is In Love With You."

Some may view that as an attractive ad with the wrong intentions.

But I still vote for the kebaya to stay. It reflects something that is so Asia and lady-liked.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:52 pm

valeriewjm wrote:Something i read on STOMP.com

Ex-SIA girl speaks up

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1339.aspx
Hi,
I just read the post on STOMP. I agree with the 29-year old 100%. Bullying is rife. Many newbies often reduced to tears and go to the toilet to cry their eyes out. But...you have to see to believe. Lines at Walk-in recruitment still 3000 strong. Like American Idol! Give it your best. Try your best to get in. Enjoy your training. Go see the world. I have been to the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal twice, the Niagra Falls, Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, Egypt, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Colesium in Rome. I lasted almost 6 years, then one fine day onboard, I just snapped. Am joining Tiger Airways next month. See you guys on the MRT to Changi. God bless...
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

valeriewjm

Post by valeriewjm » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 2:08 pm

Talking abt the MRT trip...i live in boon lay...the way from boon lay to changi is gonna kill me...haha

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:05 pm

witchy wrote:wow..there seems to be so may rounds of interview

qinggx,
did many people went for the sch interview? cause in my sch not many went for it..
Sorry for the late reply. been busy lately.
They actually scheduled 2 timings for sia interview.
I went for the earlier one. mm.. around 70 or 80 people for the one i went? Not too sure. Only see the groups go in and out. haha

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:09 pm

xmischax wrote:are you very nervous when you`re in front of the interviewers?

if you are, don`t be! they are just regular people. speak to them naturally like you`re speaking to your friend. nervousness is just in the mind :)

like many others have said before, whether the session is a stressful one or a friendly one, it`s up to you. your mindset and all. practising helps, i guess? heh.

i know these things can`t be changed over night, so take one step at a time. koko77 once said determination will take you as far as you wanna go :D
Yes xmischax! I always feel very nervous in front of interviewers or during presentation.

Yup, thanks for the tips! my friend's sis practise alot too but she always didn't manage to get through the 5th or 6th round. She's in Japan airlines now!

oh! I caculated my BMI. It's around 17.16. It's below average right? :(
Last edited by qinggx on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:13 pm

rurik0 wrote:any1 know roughly when the next interview would take place? thr was one yesterday @ TP... but i missed it -.- . w8ting 4 the next one though...
If im not wrong, TP have career fair for graduating students every year.
You can check out SIA website or Little Red Dot Academy for sia next walk-in recruitment. =)

Here are the links:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... /index.jsp

http://www.reddot.sg/

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:17 pm

I've read the sia article in the straits times yesterday.

I seriously think they shouldn't change the image.

That's what makes our airline so unique, be it the kerbaya or others.

:D

But it really isn't easy to be a SIA stewardess. It's very political up there.