Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 1:12 am

heyloo xuetingg, welcome to the forum!

well i don`t think you needa worry! if they gave you the form and told you to go for the water confidence test, i`m sure you`re in. give them some time, i`m sure it`s only a delay in them contacting you for the date. i mean, they wouldn`t have given you the form if you`re out, right? :D

congrats for getting through to the water confidence test! :wink:

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:24 am

any1 know roughly when the next interview would take place? thr was one yesterday @ TP... but i missed it -.- . w8ting 4 the next one though...

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:40 am

witchy,

Wearing a braces is not a big deal when it comes to interview. My fren went for silkair inteview with braces, and she got thru all the way to the finals.

Braces takes time. You cannot rush into removing ur braces. In the meanwhile you can wait for the next interview. And, should you want. You can try again. But this time round if you get into the 2nd round. And they prompt you the same question. Still.. you will not be able to remove the braces right? So, I guess it would be better if you can be patient to wait till end of the braces course.

As for ur height. Like what I've said. You can do some stretching and exercise to help you achieve a taller look. watch ur diet and also make urself radiant. sometimes, humans ain't perfect. So thing you can do, is to make urself confident by other means.

there is nothing to be sad about. moreover, this is not the last recruitment of the century. so.. hang on.

btw. the personality test is a computerised automated test. which means you do ur questions on the computer. not hand written...

witchy

Post by witchy » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 1:14 pm

haha, thx...anyway i think i'll continue with with my studies before i try the next recruitment..

PreAmt

management interview

Post by PreAmt » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 1:41 pm

Koko77,

hi i'm new here.. have been reading the posts in this forum...

I would like to know more about the management interview. what kind of qns do they ask? Is it held in the presence of an audience or just a panel of interviewers? Hope u can advise me. Thank you so much.. :D

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 3:05 pm

hi :) I also have questions regarding the mgmt interview. can i put my bf as my character referee in the form? is the interview tough, do many girls get the boot? what should i prepare myself for the tea party? what kind of questions to ask? thanks..

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: management interview

Post by Plavt » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 4:48 pm

PreAmt wrote:Koko77,

hi i'm new here.. have been reading the posts in this forum...

I would like to know more about the management interview. what kind of qns do they ask?
Welcome to the forum PreAmt and Charlene_yy. This is looking for given answers which won't help you since the interviewers can vary them. You need to spend some time thinking and working it out for yourself. Hint: focus on the word management and treat the tea party as being at a party. :wink:

cowie

Post by cowie » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 6:28 pm

Plavt wrote:
cowie wrote:

can only swim backstroke..
just jump.. everything will follow nicely..
passing rate is high.. do not know how to swim too
:???: :???:
sorry.. think i am not very clear..
i meant we can only swim backstroke for the water confidence test..
e passing rate is high..
my group of 40.. only like 5 were non swimmers.. so am i.. but i managed to pass as well..
so those goin for the water confidence test.. do not worry too much..

bavaniratnam

Post by bavaniratnam » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 8:33 pm

Do SIA recruits girls who are on the darker side...not so fair...like indians can be quite dark...and yet have nice skin n all....or say if a gurl's a swimmer...and she's got tanned skin...does it matteR? Thx..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 9:02 pm

bavaniratnam wrote:Do SIA recruits girls who are on the darker side...not so fair...like indians can be quite dark...and yet have nice skin n all....or say if a gurl's a swimmer...and she's got tanned skin...does it matteR? Thx..
Stop worrying, some of the girls are Indian or have dark skin anyway so if it is up to their 'criteria' why should it be a problem?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:52 pm

rurik0 wrote:any1 know roughly when the next interview would take place? thr was one yesterday @ TP... but i missed it -.- . w8ting 4 the next one though...
if you`re looking at interviews in TP itself, they are held once a year for graduating students, according to my friend who is also studying in TP right now. if you`re looking at mass recruitment interviews, perhaps in about 1 to 3 months there might be another one cos the previous one just ended a week ago. it depends, check their website regularly!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:00 pm

koko77 wrote:witchy,

Wearing a braces is not a big deal when it comes to interview. My fren went for silkair inteview with braces, and she got thru all the way to the finals.

Braces takes time. You cannot rush into removing ur braces. In the meanwhile you can wait for the next interview. And, should you want. You can try again. But this time round if you get into the 2nd round. And they prompt you the same question. Still.. you will not be able to remove the braces right? So, I guess it would be better if you can be patient to wait till end of the braces course.

As for ur height. Like what I've said. You can do some stretching and exercise to help you achieve a taller look. watch ur diet and also make urself radiant. sometimes, humans ain't perfect. So thing you can do, is to make urself confident by other means.

there is nothing to be sad about. moreover, this is not the last recruitment of the century. so.. hang on.

btw. the personality test is a computerised automated test. which means you do ur questions on the computer. not hand written...
precisely, witchy! don`t give up if you really want it! it`s your dream, don`t give up just because you have braces on. there will be plenty of opportunities when your orthodontics treatment is done. :D

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 1:28 am

xmischax wrote:
koko77 wrote:witchy,

precisely, witchy! don`t give up if you really want it! it`s your dream, don`t give up just because you have braces on. there will be plenty of opportunities when your orthodontics treatment is done. :D
hmm... you're beginning to sound like corine now. haha

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 4:12 am

ehhh?? is there anything WRONG being super positive like me???? Actually that is the ONLY way to live this impossible life we have you know. haha hah ah..
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 4:15 am

Hi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMwgaT9ISGo

for guys who aspire to be flight attendants