Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:24 am

koko77 wrote:the swimming test... hmm all i can say it's luck already. You want it, you'll jump.

She can put on make up if she wans. Anyway after the jump she'll be asked for a skin check again. So, no matter how thick the make up will be, it'd fades after the jump.

So, it's bit pointless. But some pple are dependent on make up.

Just shut up thru out the whole interview process. Cos' likely is you won't noe many of the girls.

After the test, those who are selected will stay for the persoanlity test (non-elimination round).

That's abt it. There's really nothing much abt the water confidence test.

For the water confi test, i read from other posts, they mention that it would be better to swin back-stroke, cos they will be wearing life-vest, so it is very ugly to swin breath or free style.

Is it true?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:24 am

thanksssss but where do they check on your body? scars at which part of your body?

do they check your thighs and leg and feet?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:30 am

Actually you don't have a choice. You be asked to swim backstroke. It doesnt really matter how ugly you get in ur lifevest and also the way you swim.

Honestly. The only person who sees you swim is the 'instructor' and he is not the interviewer. He just stand there to make sure you can swim from A to B that's all. The interviewer will be inside the room waiting to scrutinise you.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:33 am

they will only look at ur face and probably ur neck. They stand abt 50cm away from you. And scrutinised you.

It's pure luck when it comes to the elimination during this round.

nipnip22

Post by nipnip22 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:57 am

koko77 wrote:they will only look at ur face and probably ur neck. They stand abt 50cm away from you. And scrutinised you.

It's pure luck when it comes to the elimination during this round.
By the way where is the water confidence test held? :?
Cheers,
Nip

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:58 am

so that means if you pass the swimming test and skin check, you`re basically in? what about the management round? is it the same as the personality test?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 1:15 am

xmischax wrote: what about the management round? is it the same as the personality test?
No This is more in depth and more about your personal life, hint: concentrate on the word manage.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 2:35 am

but other FAs have said that the management round is the round where they ask about your family and personality and all.. but they haven`t mentioned about the personality test before. they said the management round is right after the water confidence test, so i assumed that they are actually the same thing. or are they 2 separate rounds?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 2:46 am

xmischax wrote:but other FAs have said that the management round is the round where they ask about your family and personality and all.. but they haven`t mentioned about the personality test before. they said the management round is right after the water confidence test, so i assumed that they are actually the same thing. or are they 2 separate rounds?
Unless I have misread what I have been reading in previous post the personality test is the psychometric test which follows the water confidence test with the management interview being on a separate day altogether.

However, like all things procedures change but somehow I doubt if this has, maybe they meant right after in terms of order of assessment, people can be very casual about how they say things.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 2:49 am

Plavt wrote:
xmischax wrote:but other FAs have said that the management round is the round where they ask about your family and personality and all.. but they haven`t mentioned about the personality test before. they said the management round is right after the water confidence test, so i assumed that they are actually the same thing. or are they 2 separate rounds?
Unless I have misread what I have been reading in previous post the personality test is the psychometric test which follows the water confidence test with the management interview being on a separate day altogether.

However, like all things procedures change but somehow I doubt if this has, maybe they meant right after in terms of order of assessment, people can be very casual about how they say things.
yeahh i know what you`re saying, that`s why i`m trying to reconfirm with koko and the other trainees/FAs here.. :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 9:41 am

mischax- they are 2 separate rounds.

management round is not on the same day with swim test
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:13 pm

corines143 wrote:how much does tiger airways pay ?

u been thru ? how was it? share pls!!
Aiyoh, they always ask about the $. About 2K, more if you manage to sell a lot of food & drinks onboard, as well as duty-free items. I went for the interview twice ; and got in both times!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

karen1918

Post by karen1918 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:47 pm

koko77 wrote:Actually you don't have a choice. You be asked to swim backstroke. It doesnt really matter how ugly you get in ur lifevest and also the way you swim.

Honestly. The only person who sees you swim is the 'instructor' and he is not the interviewer. He just stand there to make sure you can swim from A to B that's all. The interviewer will be inside the room waiting to scrutinise you.
swim in the lifevest?? wouldnt that makes it more difficult to swim from point A to point B?

missmyhivy

Post by missmyhivy » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 1:59 pm

koko77 wrote:missmyhivy

Ya la.. ur nick so long so i just anyhow la. LOL..

Ok, i don't have prob looking for surety. However, cowie does.... =(

help her! lol. im sure she'll find someone in the end..
lol a bit too late now,but hey cowie...have u found ur surety? i can be ur surety LOL!!! cause some people said i look mature, perhaps i can pretend to be ur mum or auntie??? joking....:)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 4:08 pm

karen1918 wrote:
swim in the lifevest?? wouldnt that makes it more difficult to swim from point A to point B?
The key word in this test is confidence. :wink: