Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 9:18 pm

M ,

you mentioned the next recruitment is only in March? how u know? feb there is none?

pls confirm. thanks
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:22 pm

corines.

Ok la. I noe you good. I also good ok. heh heh. Since you said my advice is good. you gonna listen ok? Put make up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qinggx

Post by qinggx » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 1:12 am

gosh. I always drink a cup of water before I go to sleep. No wonder I have big eye bags and my dark circles are bad. Any way(s) to get rid of dark circles?

By the way, is BMI really important?

Thanks. :))

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 1:58 am

hi koko77..
i orginally was supposed to sign e bond on 22 or 23 at 2pm.. (same as u lor..)
i managed to change the signin of e bond to 24 instead.. =)

i got my friend to sign for mi.. hee..
bcoz i changed the date.. i need to bring along a witness other than my guarantor.. but he never say e wihness muz be 21 yrs & above & workin all these etc.. so i guess anyone should be fine..

i don't know abt eye bags..
but if i drink water before i sleep.. e next mornin my eyes will be like very swollen lor.. & my double eyelids disappeared.. & i will feel very very pekchek e whole day.. :lol:
just have sufficient sleep like 8hrs i think.. if sleep too much dark circles will also come out one..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 4:43 am

qinggx wrote:gosh. I always drink a cup of water before I go to sleep. No wonder I have big eye bags and my dark circles are bad. Any way(s) to get rid of dark circles?

i think bmi is impt.. i mean, it`s impt for your health, pushing aside being a flight stewardess, right? heh. do you have a problem with your bmi? cos i do ever since i got discharged from hospital recently! :lol:

dark eye circles.. i don`t know how to help you for that cos i hardly have any problem with that.. sorry! maybe koko77 can help you! :wink:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 4:45 am

congrats to those starting training sooooon! take good care of yourselves yeahh! :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:40 am

qinggx wrote:gosh. I always drink a cup of water before I go to sleep. No wonder I have big eye bags and my dark circles are bad. Any way(s) to get rid of dark circles?

BMI may be a concern if you are either too heavy or not heavy enough! I know of one person who was most likely failed because her BMI was below what was considered the minimum for her height and sex.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:20 am

koko77 wrote:corines.

Ok la. I noe you good. I also good ok. heh heh. Since you said my advice is good. you gonna listen ok? Put make up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
corines! did you not have make up on when you went for the interview! :lol:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:00 am

Nope i did not put make up on. most ppl put make up on but if you think you can go in simple make up(meaning eyeliner,lipgloss) i guess its ok as well.

Seriously ppl who get in who are my friends did not and never used makeup, it is not abt makeup. . Actually I've scrutinised the way ppl get selected when discussing with friends, the interviewers dont look at all these factors such as : makeup, attire and etc. Its really more abt the way you carry yourselve, your confidence, your fluency in English, your smile. Its really not about the minor things.

You Gals were there to judge for yourself, girls came in all sorts of attire : :eggings, singlet and jeans, 3/4 pants, skimpy dresses and mini skirts and they still got thru it all. Did you also notice SIA never indicated attire as they are not judging us base on all that. This is what i concluded.

For me i know what went wrong. It is the posture and confident I portrayed at that point in time. We really have to be confident which i lacked at that point in time. but its okay I live and learn and gonna try again....

We also always think that in the group of ten, they are bound to eliminate someone. actually not true also. cos if you really dont show confident and "the Look" then you are out. So gotta create that look in you!!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:10 am

hmm.. they are many reasons forming dark circles/eye bag. 1) lack of sleep, accumulative. 2) chronic, pass down by ur parents to you.

1st, you have to lead a good lifestyle, you cannot sleep like 5am everyday, club every wwed, fri & sat, you didn't eat well and drink too little water & expect a perfect skin. In time to come, they all come together. It's accumulative.

So, the way to decrease the effect of dark circles/eye bag. Is, sleep early everyday, be consistent. And you can apply vitamin C eye gel, it does not help to remove the eye bag/dark circles. But Vitamin C helps in lightening..

If it's chronic. Sad to say, the eye bag/dark circles will follow u in ur life. So, you have to accept it. But on top of that, you should also lead a healthy lifestyle, and also skin care.

=( mine's generic,, in the blood of me.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:13 am

mayfair.

there are many complication in this similar case. Like mine, my notice period is oct, but she needs to wait for the certificate, she has to review my application and etc. it all takes time.

But if you have submitted ur documents and needs no further review. She will arrange a class for you nearer to ur date of commencement den she'll buzz you. However, administrative always takes a longer time.

So be prepared if in any case u could be scheduled for july/aug instead of june.

But also, you have to make the effort to update her abt ur status.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:31 am

mayfair

Sorry i had to reply here. cos i can't pm.

ur most welcome. if it's due to work den you can't help it. Just be patient.

bavaniratnam

Post by bavaniratnam » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:52 am

Dear corines143,

Sorry i had to reply here...hehe im new here and when i tried to reply ur pm, all i got was

"This feature is restricted until you have made more posts in the forum"

haha so yeah, guess i gotta post more.

Nervous, cuz my interview is on 28th jan...trying my best to prep...really interested in getting the job...hope all works out well :-)

Are u a part of SIA cabin crew?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:20 am

no i am not yet.

trying to get in..

all the best to you

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:43 am

corines143 wrote:no i am not yet.

trying to get in..

all the best to you
Hi there...why not try for Tiger Airways first? Then you will have some flying experience and will be in an advantageous position when you audition for SQ. Cheers... :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.