Singapore Expats

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:25 pm

For the previous recruitment last year, height was measured as we were queuing up to hand in our application forms. Even if we were taller than 1.58m, we were still measured.

The kebayas were all hung on a rack and you just pick and choose until you find one that fits you. There are no sizes as these were custom-fitted uniforms worn by ex-crew. I found the kebayas really small for me especially at the chest area. Everywhere else fits except there. However for the ladies who are really petite, they found the kebayas loose.

From what I heard, those who made it after round 2, went for one-to-one interview. If they cleared it, they were given a slip for water confidence test. Heard there'll be another round of skin check then.
jentay11 wrote:
xmischax wrote:
tenshi wrote:Hi all

I went today. They did not do the height test when we were queuing up to hand in our application form. Got through to the second round - kebaya fitting. Well the kebayas given to us were really small. The skirt fits but the blouse did not. I noticed that those of us who are more well-endowed were at a disadvantage because we could not fit into the blouse. As for myself, I managed to squeeze into a kebaya, but there were some who were not so lucky. Height and weight testing was done only after the kebaya fitting if you make it through to the next round. Skin checks done only during kebaya fitting.

Certs and ICs were checked before kebaya fitting for those who passed the introduction round. Basically we only needed to show proof of our highest educational certs.

There were some ladies who wore jeans and denim skirts, even spaghetti strap tops who made it to kebaya fitting.
height testing when lining up is only done for those who are on the border. if you`re obviously over 1.58m, you don`t have to be tested. :)

congrats! :D
hey tenshi,

like to ask u abt the kebaya fitting. The kebaya is given to you one or you can get to choose the size that you can fit into?
How big or small are those kebaya? I have big-boned. At least, i can have a better idea yea.
Thanks.

jentay11

Post by jentay11 » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:43 pm

thanks so much for the sharing.

i wonder what they are really looking out for during the water confidence test. Ability to swim? or Another round of check for scars? or whether one has phobia of water? etc...

Also, regarding the kebaya fitting, is there lots of tall girls getting through? cos im q. tall so i scared all of them are too short. Besides, i read from the previous posts that most tall girls are booted out during kebaya fitting. Oh no!

Ya. all the best in your interviews and hope to hear more from u.

tenshi wrote:For the previous recruitment last year, height was measured as we were queuing up to hand in our application forms. Even if we were taller than 1.58m, we were still measured.

The kebayas were all hung on a rack and you just pick and choose until you find one that fits you. There are no sizes as these were custom-fitted uniforms worn by ex-crew. I found the kebayas really small for me especially at the chest area. Everywhere else fits except there. However for the ladies who are really petite, they found the kebayas loose.

From what I heard, those who made it after round 2, went for one-to-one interview. If they cleared it, they were given a slip for water confidence test. Heard there'll be another round of skin check then.
jentay11 wrote:
xmischax wrote: height testing when lining up is only done for those who are on the border. if you`re obviously over 1.58m, you don`t have to be tested. :)

congrats! :D
hey tenshi,

like to ask u abt the kebaya fitting. The kebaya is given to you one or you can get to choose the size that you can fit into?
How big or small are those kebaya? I have big-boned. At least, i can have a better idea yea.
Thanks.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:55 pm

water confidence is just to test how confident you r in the water when you plunge in. they check for scars thereafter.

the uniform fitting is for everyone. dont worry. i know someone who is very tall like 178 and she got thru.. some even taller. its more abt how graceful you walk and the confidence you uphold and chin up pls... dont worry abt anything else. walk straight dont slouch and SMILE at the lady.. take small graceful steps dont swing your arms
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

mancet

interview

Post by mancet » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:58 pm

when will be the invterview in msia again? anyone who knows abt that,please tell me! thanks

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:59 pm

just check their website they will announce it there
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:34 pm

corines143 wrote:water confidence is just to test how confident you r in the water when you plunge in. they check for scars thereafter.

the uniform fitting is for everyone. dont worry. i know someone who is very tall like 178 and she got thru.. some even taller. its more abt how graceful you walk and the confidence you uphold and chin up pls... dont worry abt anything else. walk straight dont slouch and SMILE at the lady.. take small graceful steps dont swing your arms
yeahh i agree with you. i don`t think that height is all that important for the kebaya test, more like how you carry yourself.

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:19 am

If I have a tanned skin, do you guys think i have the chance to be selected ? =(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3:26 am

viviwawa wrote:If I have a tanned skin, do you guys think i have the chance to be selected ? =(
Why not?

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 8:56 am

lol, thank you so much.

now i found out my hand has 2 marks that caused my mosquito bite><
hope it is ok with them T.T

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:35 pm

viviwawa wrote:lol, thank you so much.

now i found out my hand has 2 marks that caused my mosquito bite><
hope it is ok with them T.T
should be no problem, i had bites worst than yours on my hand, 4 red bumps and during the skin check no questions where asked. so don't worry :)

valeriewjm

Post by valeriewjm » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 2:04 pm

They will only check the face and the neck?? my water confidence test is tml!! nervous!!!

ecila

Post by ecila » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 4:21 pm

What will be the appropriate dress code for the tea session?

Formal dress ?

xuetingg

Water Confident Test

Post by xuetingg » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 6:34 pm

Hi,

anyone here who went to the last recruitment (6/7 Jan) needs to wait for sq to call them back for the water confident test ?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Water Confident Test

Post by M » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:35 pm

xuetingg wrote:Hi,

anyone here who went to the last recruitment (6/7 Jan) needs to wait for sq to call them back for the water confident test ?
Were you asked to pick a date for your water confidence test?

For the guys, we got to pick one of the three dates given. 18th was supposedly to be my water confidence test but got a call today that they have to push to 24th because of my cadet pilot test which has higher priority over cabin crews. :???:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:35 pm

ecila wrote:What will be the appropriate dress code for the tea session?

Formal dress ?
Interview attire. It's management and tea session so nothing less please?

M :cool: