Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:40 pm

poodle wrote:I only 154 but maybe my arm length can reach the second sticker. Do you noe how far off is the second sticker?

Ya by the way you see any girls around 28?

I think e second sticker is 215cm with tiptoe. This high is for emirates, don't know is it for SIA.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:40 pm

Joycee wrote:
corines143 wrote:i think those who failed today cannot go tomorrow again.. they have your record on file and you will be turned away

So corines did you go today? How was it?
she`s going tmr.

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:40 pm

poodle wrote:I only 154 but maybe my arm length can reach the second sticker. Do you noe how far off is the second sticker?

I think e second sticker is 215cm with tiptoe. This high is for emirates, don't know is it for SIA.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:43 pm

Joycee wrote:

the oldest is about 24.. that i know of. but you can still try.

but the thing is, you`re 154, you`ll definitely fail the first height sticker, which is at 158. i am 159 and i just touched over the top of the armlength sticker with tip toes.. if you fail the height sticker, they will ask you go straight away, they won`t ask you to try for the armlength.. unless you`re like right over the sticker, like i am. so you might wanna think about it again.. 4cm off the height limit is quite a lot when you stand against the wall.. cos i`ve seen people who are 157 asked to leave cos they barely made it to the height sticker.

poodle

Post by poodle » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:49 pm

Oops think my chance will be very slim..so sad

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:51 pm

xmischax wrote:
Joycee wrote:

but the thing is, you`re 154, you`ll definitely fail the first height sticker, which is at 158. i am 159 and i just touched over the top of the armlength sticker with tip toes.. if you fail the height sticker, they will ask you go straight away, they won`t ask you to try for the armlength.. unless you`re like right over the sticker, like i am. so you might wanna think about it again.. 4cm off the height limit is quite a lot when you stand against the wall.. cos i`ve seen people who are 157 asked to leave cos they barely made it to the height sticker.

I think they are getting stricter and stricter every recruitment. But they have skin check before second round?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:51 pm

poodle wrote:Oops think my chance will be very slim..so sad
but you can still try, you know. you never know until you try. don`t admit defeat yet! if you`re confident that you can pass the height test, then go for it. :)

kristen
Regular
Regular

thanks plavt.

Post by kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:52 pm

Thanks Plavt.

i seriously do not see a need why we should have boneheads like anti_spy 999 in this forum!. he clearly isnt d least interested in the topic. i dun understand why we should put up with him. his replies , comments and questions are disgusting, disrespectful and totally unrelated to the discussion! the moderator should really put a stop to this. there is no reason why he shud be allowed to continue with wateva he is doing!. everyone else is behaving in this forum except him. u see, we dunt even know anti_spy999 gender let alone the reason on why he/she behaving this way. there is a limit to everything and he clearly has gone overboard.pls do something.thanks!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:52 pm

Joycee wrote:
xmischax wrote:
Joycee wrote:

I think they are getting stricter and stricter every recruitment. But they have skin check before second round?
the skin test is either before or after the 2nd round, i`m not too sure about that. they are very strict, they look at every requirement carefully now.. like, there`s no chance being lucky and get away with it if you meet the requirements. they look at small details, even if there are hundreds lining up.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: thanks plavt.

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:53 pm

kristen wrote:Thanks Plavt.

i seriously do not see a need why we should have boneheads like anti_spy 999 in this forum!. he clearly isnt d least interested in the topic. i dun understand why we should put up with him. his replies , comments and questions are disgusting, disrespectful and totally unrelated to the discussion! the moderator should really put a stop to this. there is no reason why he shud be allowed to continue with wateva he is doing!. everyone else is behaving in this forum except him. u see, we dunt even know anti_spy999 gender let alone the reason on why he/she behaving this way. there is a limit to everything and he clearly has gone overboard.pls do something.thanks!
precisely!

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:02 am

xmischax wrote:
Joycee wrote:
xmischax wrote: the oldest is about 24.. that i know of. but you can still try.

the skin test is either before or after the 2nd round, i`m not too sure about that. they are very strict, they look at every requirement carefully now.. like, there`s no chance being lucky and get away with it if you meet the requirements. they look at small details, even if there are hundreds lining up.

You mean all the requirements they stated on their website? But this time round more ppl are selected actually. because, when I went after my poly days, 2 out of 10 was selected. 2 is the most number i have seen been selected. My friend's group got zero out of ten.
Last edited by Joycee on Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

poodle

Post by poodle » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:03 am

xmischax wrote:
but you can still try, you know. you never know until you try. don`t admit defeat yet! if you`re confident that you can pass the height test, then go for it. :)
Hai my height test will obviously fail. Always been my dream to be one.

Can we still wait around for friends if we got rejected or hv to leave the place?

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:08 am

poodle wrote:
xmischax wrote:

Can we still wait around for friends if we got rejected or hv to leave the place?

They are really strict now, i guess. When i took SG flight there are FAs who are much shorter than me.

poodle

Post by poodle » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:09 am

Joycee wrote:
poodle wrote:
xmischax wrote: but you can still try, you know. you never know until you try. don`t admit defeat yet! if you`re confident that you can pass the height test, then go for it. :)

What is your height?
They are really strict now, i guess. When i took SG flight there are FAs who are much shorter than me.

poodle

Post by poodle » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:10 am

Joycee wrote:
poodle wrote:
xmischax wrote: but you can still try, you know. you never know until you try. don`t admit defeat yet! if you`re confident that you can pass the height test, then go for it. :)

What is your height