Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
twinkling

Post by twinkling » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:46 pm

oh dear, i wont graduate and get my cert until april or so. urgh even if i have working experience in customer service also won't do? they'll just reject once they learnt of "no dip"? ):

ahh nvm, on the bright side, this gives me more time to prepare for the next recruitment drive (:
Last edited by twinkling on Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: hey.

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:50 pm

kristen wrote:From: anti_spy999
To: kristen
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:38 pm
Subject: swim?
You are learning how to swim just to prepare for the SIA water confidence test...? Hmm...

You will also need to know some survival skills, some CPR technique, some lifesaving skills and most importantly dare to jump from a plank 3M above the water.

Need my special guidiance? I can teach you. I am Jennifer and i need to know what's your gender.

******ps: ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE PERMANENTLY BAN ANTI_SPY999.

Antispy_999,
You obviously do not what you are talking about and it would help enormously if would simply shut up! You do not need life-saving skills for the water confidence test nor do you need to know CPR technique.
The purpose of the test simply to evaluate applicants confidence in water (i.e.: they must be capable of swimming at least 25m to enable them to get in the dinghy in the event of an accident) By the way this issue was discussed at some length earlier in this forum by one of the cabin crew executives.

Kristen,
Best wishes for your future application and continue learning to swim, when you have achieved that as I am sure you will, try to enhance your abilities to give you confidence in water. I have a slow connection at present but do feel free to PM me if you need further advice relating to what I have said here. :D
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twinkling

Post by twinkling » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:34 pm

just curious, i just read that SIA held career talk and interview at both SP and NP, and people who are graduating from these 2 polys are eligible to apply. what about other poly soon-to-be-graduates? especially after reading the part about SIA rejecting people who doesn't have diploma officially...I'm wondering how so now, should i or should i not go tomorrow? need some advice here please thanks..

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:35 pm

oh my god. what kind of PM is that?
what CPR skills he's talking about?
as Plavt has said, it's a water CONFIDENCE test. you don't even need any skills to pass that just jump into the water and kick your legs.

special guidance? puleeessseeee. :roll:
do you have a life savings certificate antispy? if not, i think you're not qualified. and you mean you are a girl? Jennifer?

I thought you identify yourself as a guy or something sorry if i misintepret that.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:52 pm

Hey guys. It's ok that you didnt make it this time round. There's always next recruitment that you can try again. Afterall it's a good experience isn't it. You will tend to look out for factors they that more concerned with.

Look forward to the next interview!

Cheers.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:55 pm

antispy_999.

I am not being stereotyping. However, It seem like few of them have got an issue with you. And would suggest that you can stop PMing others to avoid conflicts? seem like you are not 'Jennifer'. And you do not have to know others gender to teach her swimming don't you?

Good luck anyway.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:04 pm

yeahh girls, try again next time! at least you know what they are looking out for and how to prepare and what to expect. don`t give up if you`re really serious!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: tml's interview

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:06 pm

jol wrote:hi there,
anyone gona try again tml? i fail my 1st round interview too.
Brgs,
jol
you mean you failed today, is it? if that is it, don`t go again tmr! there`s a cool off period, but i have no idea exactly how long. definitely not a day though!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: heyY

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:07 pm

kristen wrote:any idea when is the next recruitment drive??
no idea! but this will not be the last for this year, for sure. :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:19 pm

i think those who failed today cannot go tomorrow again.. they have your record on file and you will be turned away
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:23 pm

yeahh totally.. cos you have to fill in if you have applied for a job at SIA before and when that was.

those who are going, i don`t think educational certificates are necessary. but do bring them. they didn`t even see out certs. they only wanted the fully completed application form and your passport sized photograph attached to it. write clearly and answer every question truthfully! remember to fill in your IC number and indicate if it is a pink or blue IC.

poodle

Post by poodle » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:25 pm

hi xmischax do they ask the shorter one to remove their shoe when they took ther height?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:27 pm

poodle wrote:hi xmischax do they ask the shorter one to remove their shoe when they took ther height?
yup.. you have to take off your shoes and stand against the wall. there`s a sticker for you to stand against. over it and you pass. if you are just on the border, they will ask you to reach up and see your arm length. there`s another sticker up there, you have to reach above it. can tip toes for the arm length part. if you pass that then you`re okayy.

how tall are you? they will boot people who are shorter out. even if it`s just 1cm.

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:37 pm

corines143 wrote:i think those who failed today cannot go tomorrow again.. they have your record on file and you will be turned away

So corines did you go today? How was it?

poodle

Post by poodle » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:38 pm

I only 154 but maybe my arm length can reach the second sticker. Do you noe how far off is the second sticker?

Ya by the way you see any girls around 28?