Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Re: Hey

Post by Velvet_CK » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 8:35 pm

I receive some of you guys' pm regarding my before and after pics.. Sorry can't reply. don't know why, but those whom wanna see my eye pics can add me MSN --

Apologise as i don't want my pics to be circulated via email.

I can show the before, 3 weeks later, 6 months later and now pic. (double eyelid by Dr WW)

Kaka & Takuda - i cannot reply you. but just add me msn
Babyevil85 - Add me, discussing the taiwan trip
Escoli - Good luck
tanjhj - Wanna talk to you and review my facial contours.
Last edited by Velvet_CK on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:53 am

takuda wrote:
tanjhj wrote:you sound like those ppl who like to quote from their koran or bible as "proof" they are right. The website u quoted are westernize plastic surgery for general masses of america. while we are different individuals of diff races all over the world. we grow at different rate and change differently.
Plz know that what is posted on the western web may not be the ultimate truth. else there is no need to create korean style surgery.

i wonder if u are abv 20's coz ppl who are abv 20's knows that some (not all) ppl stop growing and changes only when thet are 20/21 yrs old. so can u tell me just by looking and even reading someone posting that he will stop growing at 16-18 yrs old? comeon, even doctor cant know when one will stop growing..maybe u like to ask and check with ur GP doc abt this rather than look on the website..

just for ur info, when i am in secdonary 3/4, a school dentist told me to go for my jaw surgery for my protruding lower jaw.. and guess what ? by my 21st b'day my jaw become normal. even other dentist certified i dun need to go for any surgery...if i dumb dumb listen to ur abv posting and go for my jaw surgery, i will have to waste 8k+(10 yrs ago) and suffer pain for 1 yr for nothing..

U said Dr Jung / Dr Kim will operate on 17. while my 16 yrs old gal fren emailed him wanting him to do her nose but he refused asking her to return after her 18th birthday. even Dr Kim also said the same thing.. so i wonder if u emailed the right dr jung or kim...

as for choosing the doctor in aust or asian countries, i see no need to do that becoz my friends (indo and spore) studying in australia did their nose job there and they look the same even if they are going to do it in spore coz L implants exist in a few ranges (thick or thin bridges, straight or twisted tip.. straight or curve bridge..etc) and models and than seperate into diff size. even my own cousin did her L implant in canada also look roughly the same to me. and yes her double eyelid looks oriental coz she choose the "oriental" eyelid and yes her doctor is angmoh... so u think the ang moh doctor doesnt know how to do ethnic plastic surgery?

i can see u have not even touch or even see L implant at all..
in ang moh coutries.. the ang moh dun really need nasal augumentation rather they need nasal reduction thus there is no need to use L implant most of the time. Asian on the other side almost all needs L implant. so guess who are the biggest users for the doctor's L implant surgery?

and for ur limited info. in a simple silicone L implant surgery. the L implant used will determine the shape of the nose and not the "skills" of the doctor.. so be it ang moh doctor or asian one. it will be the same if it is just silicone implant. as long silcone L implant is used the nose will look more or less angmohish coz however if one wants the nose to look oriental, than he may like to consider korean style.

for ur info, thailand which is asia country, their PS doctor like to stock up only a few nose implants thats why the thai nose jobs look angmohish. i dun need to quote. just go to thailand to see or u can just ask around..
yah, maybe the all the thai doctor stock up the wrong silicone L implants model..

Reading from Web sources indeed will boost ur knowledge but also i see ur ego is inflated along the way. my suggestion on the forums has been thru reading and sharing of experiences from local and overseas. what u lack is just actual experiences..

Plz post with responsibilities as the one doing the PS is not you thus dont any how post without concrete facts.

Nevertheless, i does agree that the best time to do PS maybe the period of break after JC (gals) before the University start school. for guys, since there is NS, it is relative safer idea to do it just before ORD. My platoon mate so vain go for L implant just after his Poly and guess what, the rifle recoil broke his implant.. and there is cases in NSmen plastic surgery wasted during the excercises.

cheers
I am sorry if i caused this 'argument' but, numberlinh and i are not intending to go against you or anything. we just feel that western plastic surgeons MAY NOT understand the whole structure thing of Asians as well as asian plastic surgeons do. That means all are good but it just differs in which knows which better.

And i apologise if i said anything wrong/you disagree because as you can see, im a newbie, and if i were really so pro/understood PS totally, i won't be here. So do guide us, or me. Just understand that we are not in any way trying to say that western surgeons are lousier than asian ones. No, not true. I also understand and respect the fact that you are more experienced than many of us here. :D
takuda, where do u think the korean and asian learnt their PS from? i would dare to say 90% of the PS skilll and techniqes are from the westerners.

i know u will agree with mumerlin coz u just wanna someone to support u in ur PS in early age.. who likes to listen to disagreeing views? nevertheless, u may like to pay to see a real PS Doctor for his advice than post here.

and the world top surgeons are westerners and are based in the west. even the top asian PS doc, a japanese is based in USA so what u think abt Western PS doc? i am not saying that asian doctor are not good but
in term of credibility, the asian doctors are still not at the level of the western counterpart yet.. Finally, let me ask u, who u think invented the
Ethnic Plastic Surgery? which existed even before korean style..

i am not here to argue but to put down rubbish and misleading postings which is dangerous and unbeneficial. if the postings are good whether it is from noobies or veterans, do u think i will post to rebuke?
U need to post with responsibilities coz many ppl read this forum for their PS. if u wrong postings cause them harm, are u going to compensate them?
i welcome concrete and constructive posting from fellow forumers. i dun wanna make this postings end up like EDMW of hardwarezone..
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

numberlinh

Post by numberlinh » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 3:27 am

tanjhj wrote:
takuda wrote:
tanjhj wrote:you sound like those ppl who like to quote from their koran or bible as "proof" they are right. The website u quoted are westernize plastic surgery for general masses of america. while we are different individuals of diff races all over the world. we grow at different rate and change differently.
Plz know that what is posted on the western web may not be the ultimate truth. else there is no need to create korean style surgery.

i wonder if u are abv 20's coz ppl who are abv 20's knows that some (not all) ppl stop growing and changes only when thet are 20/21 yrs old. so can u tell me just by looking and even reading someone posting that he will stop growing at 16-18 yrs old? comeon, even doctor cant know when one will stop growing..maybe u like to ask and check with ur GP doc abt this rather than look on the website..

just for ur info, when i am in secdonary 3/4, a school dentist told me to go for my jaw surgery for my protruding lower jaw.. and guess what ? by my 21st b'day my jaw become normal. even other dentist certified i dun need to go for any surgery...if i dumb dumb listen to ur abv posting and go for my jaw surgery, i will have to waste 8k+(10 yrs ago) and suffer pain for 1 yr for nothing..

U said Dr Jung / Dr Kim will operate on 17. while my 16 yrs old gal fren emailed him wanting him to do her nose but he refused asking her to return after her 18th birthday. even Dr Kim also said the same thing.. so i wonder if u emailed the right dr jung or kim...

as for choosing the doctor in aust or asian countries, i see no need to do that becoz my friends (indo and spore) studying in australia did their nose job there and they look the same even if they are going to do it in spore coz L implants exist in a few ranges (thick or thin bridges, straight or twisted tip.. straight or curve bridge..etc) and models and than seperate into diff size. even my own cousin did her L implant in canada also look roughly the same to me. and yes her double eyelid looks oriental coz she choose the "oriental" eyelid and yes her doctor is angmoh... so u think the ang moh doctor doesnt know how to do ethnic plastic surgery?

i can see u have not even touch or even see L implant at all..
in ang moh coutries.. the ang moh dun really need nasal augumentation rather they need nasal reduction thus there is no need to use L implant most of the time. Asian on the other side almost all needs L implant. so guess who are the biggest users for the doctor's L implant surgery?

and for ur limited info. in a simple silicone L implant surgery. the L implant used will determine the shape of the nose and not the "skills" of the doctor.. so be it ang moh doctor or asian one. it will be the same if it is just silicone implant. as long silcone L implant is used the nose will look more or less angmohish coz however if one wants the nose to look oriental, than he may like to consider korean style.

for ur info, thailand which is asia country, their PS doctor like to stock up only a few nose implants thats why the thai nose jobs look angmohish. i dun need to quote. just go to thailand to see or u can just ask around..
yah, maybe the all the thai doctor stock up the wrong silicone L implants model..

Reading from Web sources indeed will boost ur knowledge but also i see ur ego is inflated along the way. my suggestion on the forums has been thru reading and sharing of experiences from local and overseas. what u lack is just actual experiences..

Plz post with responsibilities as the one doing the PS is not you thus dont any how post without concrete facts.

Nevertheless, i does agree that the best time to do PS maybe the period of break after JC (gals) before the University start school. for guys, since there is NS, it is relative safer idea to do it just before ORD. My platoon mate so vain go for L implant just after his Poly and guess what, the rifle recoil broke his implant.. and there is cases in NSmen plastic surgery wasted during the excercises.

cheers
I am sorry if i caused this 'argument' but, numberlinh and i are not intending to go against you or anything. we just feel that western plastic surgeons MAY NOT understand the whole structure thing of Asians as well as asian plastic surgeons do. That means all are good but it just differs in which knows which better.

And i apologise if i said anything wrong/you disagree because as you can see, im a newbie, and if i were really so pro/understood PS totally, i won't be here. So do guide us, or me. Just understand that we are not in any way trying to say that western surgeons are lousier than asian ones. No, not true. I also understand and respect the fact that you are more experienced than many of us here. :D
takuda, where do u think the korean and asian learnt their PS from? i would dare to say 90% of the PS skilll and techniqes are from the westerners.

i know u will agree with mumerlin coz u just wanna someone to support u in ur PS in early age.. who likes to listen to disagreeing views? nevertheless, u may like to pay to see a real PS Doctor for his advice than post here.

and the world top surgeons are westerners and are based in the west. even the top asian PS doc, a japanese is based in USA so what u think abt Western PS doc? i am not saying that asian doctor are not good but
in term of credibility, the asian doctors are still not at the level of the western counterpart yet.. Finally, let me ask u, who u think invented the

i am not here to argue but to put down rubbish and misleading postings which is dangerous and unbeneficial. if the postings are good whether it is from noobies or veterans, do u think i will post to rebuke?
U need to post with responsibilities coz many ppl read this forum for their PS. if u wrong postings cause them harm, are u going to compensate them?
i welcome concrete and constructive posting from fellow forumers. i dun wanna make this postings end up like EDMW of hardwarezone..
Takuda, just go to a PS. This forum is really helpful for sharing advice and getting first hand information from other patients and thats great. But really just go to a PS.

Isnt it quite hypocritical to that you think you're putting down "rubbish and misleading postings" which you seem to be quite dangerous.

I need to post responsibly? You dont even have any sources to back up your claim. And it is the individual's responsibility to do their own PROPER research. Not coming to a board to have someone DICTATE that someone else shouldnt have PS just because you think you're right. Dont you think that before someone does PS, they're going to have to get a consultation (with some careful people getting at least 3)?

You welcome concrete and constructive posting. How is my posting not? This is extremely insulting. You basically only want people to post who agree with you. And do you know how many teens here in the states get nose jobs? Do you? Do you have friends who are in their teens who've gotten succesful operations? Here in the US where its supposedly by your standards so much superior to Asian doctors.

"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 pm Post subject:
you sound like those ppl who like to quote from their koran or bible as "proof" they are right. The website u quoted are westernize plastic surgery for general masses of america. while we are different individuals of diff races all over the world. we grow at different rate and change differently.
Plz know that what is posted on the western web may not be the ultimate truth. else there is no need to create korean style surgery. "

Soo..then you're saying I'm right. Asian doctors know what Asian patients need. And no, quoting the bible and koran is very different ..thats religion, this is science. Please learn the difference.

"i wonder if u are abv 20's coz ppl who are abv 20's knows that some (not all) ppl stop growing and changes only when thet are 20/21 yrs old. so can u tell me just by looking and even reading someone posting that he will stop growing at 16-18 yrs old? comeon, even doctor cant know when one will stop growing..maybe u like to ask and check with ur GP doc abt this rather than look on the website.. "

No I'm not over 20. Its so easy to argue with someone whose younger than you right? Just becase you're a bit older? Ok so we reach the agreement that everyone grows differently. How do you know he hasnt already stopped growing? Are you a doctor? Have you seen his face? My point was that he should let some guy on some forum stop him from seeking qualified medical help.

You know what else is insulting? Calling me "dumb, dumb". You're really rude. =]

"as for choosing the doctor in aust or asian countries, i see no need to do that becoz my friends (indo and spore) studying in australia did their nose job there and they look the same even if they are going to do it in spore coz L implants exist in a few ranges (thick or thin bridges, straight or twisted tip.. straight or curve bridge..etc) and models and than seperate into diff size. even my own cousin did her L implant in canada also look roughly the same to me. and yes her double eyelid looks oriental coz she choose the "oriental" eyelid and yes her doctor is angmoh... so u think the ang moh doctor doesnt know how to do ethnic plastic surgery? "

Obviously this a personal choice in the end. So what if I recommend going to..Wait..I already replied to this. Read previous post about the thousands of people who get plastic surgery.

" i can see u have not even touch or even see L implant at all..
in ang moh coutries.. the ang moh dun really need nasal augumentation rather they need nasal reduction thus there is no need to use L implant most of the time. Asian on the other side almost all needs L implant. so guess who are the biggest users for the doctor's L implant surgery?"

Umm I guess you still didnt read my entire post. I'm not disagreeing with you. I AGREE. Read previous post. Thats exactly what I'm saying, THEY HAVE TO EXPERIENCE WITH PUTTING IN AN IMPLANT COMPARED TO ASIAN DOCTORS. ..I AGREE.

And if you dont know me..why are you accusing me of lacking "experience" yea, I myself, have NOT done rhinoplasty yet. But I do know and friends who have. And I live in the US..this forum was really cool so I decided to join.

Dude, why are you being so pretentious? I'm not saying you're WRONG. I'm just offering a different view with it. I really dont want to argue as its just..wasteful on a board like this.

You sure arent re-assuring those people who have already gotten PS in korea/thailand/sinapore/etc. They offered testimonials and most seem to have gotten good results.

Is it so hard for you to accept that we both may be right? Yea ok, I'm wrong wrong wrong wrong, because I live in the US and we Americans are stupid right? Right. I dont want to argue.

IceBell

Post by IceBell » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 6:23 am

numberlinh wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
takuda wrote: I am sorry if i caused this 'argument' but, numberlinh and i are not intending to go against you or anything. we just feel that western plastic surgeons MAY NOT understand the whole structure thing of Asians as well as asian plastic surgeons do. That means all are good but it just differs in which knows which better.

Takuda, just go to a PS. This forum is really helpful for sharing advice and getting first hand information from other patients and thats great. But really just go to a PS.

Isnt it quite hypocritical to that you think you're putting down "rubbish and misleading postings" which you seem to be quite dangerous.

I need to post responsibly? You dont even have any sources to back up your claim. And it is the individual's responsibility to do their own PROPER research. Not coming to a board to have someone DICTATE that someone else shouldnt have PS just because you think you're right. Dont you think that before someone does PS, they're going to have to get a consultation (with some careful people getting at least 3)?

You welcome concrete and constructive posting. How is my posting not? This is extremely insulting. You basically only want people to post who agree with you. And do you know how many teens here in the states get nose jobs? Do you? Do you have friends who are in their teens who've gotten succesful operations? Here in the US where its supposedly by your standards so much superior to Asian doctors.

"
you sound like those ppl who like to quote from their koran or bible as "proof" they are right. The website u quoted are westernize plastic surgery for general masses of america. while we are different individuals of diff races all over the world. we grow at different rate and change differently.
Plz know that what is posted on the western web may not be the ultimate truth. else there is no need to create korean style surgery. "

Soo..then you're saying I'm right. Asian doctors know what Asian patients need. And no, quoting the bible and koran is very different ..thats religion, this is science. Please learn the difference.

"i wonder if u are abv 20's coz ppl who are abv 20's knows that some (not all) ppl stop growing and changes only when thet are 20/21 yrs old. so can u tell me just by looking and even reading someone posting that he will stop growing at 16-18 yrs old? comeon, even doctor cant know when one will stop growing..maybe u like to ask and check with ur GP doc abt this rather than look on the website.. "

No I'm not over 20. Its so easy to argue with someone whose younger than you right? Just becase you're a bit older? Ok so we reach the agreement that everyone grows differently. How do you know he hasnt already stopped growing? Are you a doctor? Have you seen his face? My point was that he should let some guy on some forum stop him from seeking qualified medical help.

You know what else is insulting? Calling me "dumb, dumb". You're really rude. =]

"as for choosing the doctor in aust or asian countries, i see no need to do that becoz my friends (indo and spore) studying in australia did their nose job there and they look the same even if they are going to do it in spore coz L implants exist in a few ranges (thick or thin bridges, straight or twisted tip.. straight or curve bridge..etc) and models and than seperate into diff size. even my own cousin did her L implant in canada also look roughly the same to me. and yes her double eyelid looks oriental coz she choose the "oriental" eyelid and yes her doctor is angmoh... so u think the ang moh doctor doesnt know how to do ethnic plastic surgery? "

Obviously this a personal choice in the end. So what if I recommend going to..Wait..I already replied to this. Read previous post about the thousands of people who get plastic surgery.

in ang moh coutries.. the ang moh dun really need nasal augumentation rather they need nasal reduction thus there is no need to use L implant most of the time. Asian on the other side almost all needs L implant. so guess who are the biggest users for the doctor's L implant surgery?"

Umm I guess you still didnt read my entire post. I'm not disagreeing with you. I AGREE. Read previous post. Thats exactly what I'm saying, THEY HAVE TO EXPERIENCE WITH PUTTING IN AN IMPLANT COMPARED TO ASIAN DOCTORS. ..I AGREE.

And if you dont know me..why are you accusing me of lacking "experience" yea, I myself, have NOT done rhinoplasty yet. But I do know and friends who have. And I live in the US..this forum was really cool so I decided to join.

Dude, why are you being so pretentious? I'm not saying you're WRONG. I'm just offering a different view with it. I really dont want to argue as its just..wasteful on a board like this.

You sure arent re-assuring those people who have already gotten PS in korea/thailand/sinapore/etc. They offered testimonials and most seem to have gotten good results.

Is it so hard for you to accept that we both may be right? Yea ok, I'm wrong wrong wrong wrong, because I live in the US and we Americans are stupid right? Right. I dont want to argue.

?QUIT ur noob Talk la .. Add like Doctor shh

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:37 pm

dear numer,

i didnt bothered to read what u posted. too long trying to justify urself..

Maybe u are better than PS doc .. i dun noe

Golden Rules of PS:

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:49 am

tanjhj wrote:dear numer,

i didnt bothered to read what u posted. too long trying to justify urself..

Maybe u are better than PS doc .. i dun noe

Excellent point made. Btw tanjhj, i wanna send you my picture. and see what kinda PS for the jaw and chin i can do. I think they are average and wanna change them for the better. can pm me your msn?

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 2:38 am

Quoted from http://www.drmeronk.com/asian/asian-eye ... ique2.html

"Compared to full incisional surgery, suture methods are much faster to perform, recovery time is significantly shorter, and costs are less. While less invasive, the risks are not negligible.

Surgery may be complicated by irritation from sutures rubbing against the cornea of the eye. Since the lid is entered through multiple small cuts without full visualization of the internal eyelid anatomy, suture placement and surgical manipulation may cause tissue injury as well as uneven skin scars. If a patient who has undergone such treatment later elects to undergo an incisional technique, internal scarring and retained suture fragments may limit the precision of the second surgery."

i have done sutured <stitching> method before.

If i decided to do incision method in the future like 1 year later. does it affect as in will the result be not as good compared to someone whom has done nothing on the eyes before?

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 2:42 am

Reply to Icebell:

I cannot pm.. msn me.

ecila

Post by ecila » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:07 am

Hi

I've been reading this thread for quite sometime. However, i couldn't decide which plastic surgeon i should go to for a nose I or L implant. There are so many places to choose from to get it done. Perhaps, I'm afraid of complications and the risk that i might look worse than what i look like now.

Now,I am considering BK wishclinic and Kalo clinic at JB ... I'm very confused! don't know which one is better.

Suggestions are very much welcome.
Thank you.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:02 am

ecila,

u may like to email the docs are asked for their opinion. later u can go get what u like from what they say..

also u can compare price

lastly, i dun think anyone can comment unless they see ur pics.
if u du mind, u can Pm me ur pic's link?
Golden Rules of PS:

ecoli

I am now in taipei

Post by ecoli » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 2:30 pm

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am here in taipei.....
4th Jan - I arrived taipei on 4th Jan. My first stop was to go to check in a hotel that Dr chuang from Wishclinic recommended that was deja vu hotel.

5th Jan - I arrived at Dr chuang Clinic before 12... I filled up the particulars and later about 12 plus I was then invited to Dr chuang's office. Dr chuang, yes was indeed a very nice and patitent guy.. After a few emails to him, he did asked me again to confirm which type of cut I wanted for my eyes and nose... For my eyes and nose, I would like to have Michelle Reis's look.. so after much discussions I did a medium parallel crease with kai yan tou and also for my nose, I did my alar base, tip and bridge..
At first I do not want to change the alar base because I do not want to change my whole identity.. But after much discussion, Dr chaung mentioned that my nose would not look as good if the alar did not
change..As for my bridge, Dr chuang said that I have high nose bridge liao, so I need a little will do. As for my hard bone on the nose I need to shave a little coz there is a bump there. My main concern is my bulbous nose.. I want to look slightly smaller and added a little tip will do..

After summarizing eveything with Dr chuang, he did ask me what else I want to ask him.. I said no... Actually I did not discussed with him for example the height for my nose and etc... I leave everything to him to do...even If i want a high nose, it does not mean it is suitable for me.. So i let him do that suits my face..

For my eyes - Korea mini incision
For my nose - Bridge, tip and alar ( L implant with own nose cartilage)

* So funny - one of the nurses in the operation room ask me if i am doing a reversion for my nose.. I laughed it off...

Anyway, I do not want to be the chiou bu type.. dun wan to be extremist.. I just want to look defined and nice will do...

6th Jan - Today is my second day of my surgery. My eyes are really swollen and bruise.. but still ok... nose and eyes not painful... keke.. My nose looks large and funny.. but can see that my alar is smaller.. I do not know how high my bridge is.. it seems like the same as before.. but the tip and alar are change even though my nose is swollen... I hope that my bridge is little higher than before will be ok liao.. haha
jess

bbww

Post by bbww » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:16 pm

tanjhj wrote:
takuda wrote:
bbww wrote:hi guys,

i'm an asian chinese in australia and would like to get my nose done with one of the surgeons here. the surgery im after is a silicon implant to raise the nose bridge. do you guys think its better doing it in an asian country with an asian surgeon? i consulted the doctor here and he said its just a simple insertion of silicon implant. if thats the case, there won't be that much difference having the surgery here would there? any comments would be appreciated! thanks :)
Personally, i would find asian surgeons better.(includes Singapore to korea to malaysia etc) because as mentioned, caucasians are more ''used'' to make noses smaller(lower bridge) and not what the asians usually do(higher nose bridge).

Hence asian surgeons will be more appropriate and unless you want an ang moh nose, which is highly not compatible with asian features, go for asian ones. :) how old are you by the way?
i totally disagree with what u are toking abt. for a simple nose implant, it is the same to get done at australia or asia countries. the diff will be the price. the doc will know which silicone implant to choose for u so wont look like westerners. even than as long u are doing L silicone implant more or less ur nose gonna look abit westernised.

unless u are aiming for korean nose surgery than it is advisable to do it at asia country. however even then, many Western doctor are good in nose surgery be it for asian or not. if the skill of the doc are good, they will know how to choose the right techniques and implants.

bbww, there is no need for u to travel oversea to do a simple silicone implant. as it is not a technical surgery. as long u find a reputable one in your country or spore will do. the doc should know which silicone implant to use on ur nose if u let him decide or u show him a nose u will like to have. however plz note that u may need more procedures if u want to change ur nose shape quite significantly.. cheers to ur PS.

for takuda only: why dun u go consult a local PS doctor for professional answer. it seem u dun bother to read careful what i posted earlier..
takuda/tanjhj: thanks for your comments!
tanjhj: yes, i'm not aiming for dramatic changes. from what i read about simple L-shaped silicon implant and what the surgeon here said, the change would not be that obvious too. i'm wondering if the change would even be noticeable? :P
the surgeon i chose says he worked on alot of asians nose implants, but i've no idea, since the surgeons here don't show pictures of their previous patients!? however, my caucasian friend went to him thats why i chose him. :)

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:07 pm

IceBell wrote:
numberlinh wrote:
tanjhj wrote: takuda, where do u think the korean and asian learnt their PS from? i would dare to say 90% of the PS skilll and techniqes are from the westerners.

"

?QUIT ur noob Talk la .. Add like Doctor shh

Peace man. I mean this forum although gives account of experiences and advices, it is not 100% credible. ThaT means if i really decide to go, i'll see what the surgeon says. Although both have given different views.

If the surgeon(certified one duh) says no, i have no choice but to give up.

So, ENDING THIS ARGUMENT, we shall bear in mind that different people have different views. And so far i find EVERYONE giving constructive comments, opinions.

Some may be wrong, if you check it with a surgeon, but they are still at least opinions of others. If we choose to believe, then take it. If not, i think we should keep quiet to avoid arguments like THIS ONE.

Lastly, numberlinh, thanks for sharing your comments and research. tanjhj, thanks for your questions with the doctor, and showing us the screenshot. No more argument eh? :)
Cry when you get ripped.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 9:35 pm

bbww wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
takuda wrote: Personally, i would find asian surgeons better.(includes Singapore to korea to malaysia etc) because as mentioned, caucasians are more ''used'' to make noses smaller(lower bridge) and not what the asians usually do(higher nose bridge).

Hence asian surgeons will be more appropriate and unless you want an ang moh nose, which is highly not compatible with asian features, go for asian ones. :) how old are you by the way?
i totally disagree with what u are toking abt. for a simple nose implant, it is the same to get done at australia or asia countries. the diff will be the price. the doc will know which silicone implant to choose for u so wont look like westerners. even than as long u are doing L silicone implant more or less ur nose gonna look abit westernised.

unless u are aiming for korean nose surgery than it is advisable to do it at asia country. however even then, many Western doctor are good in nose surgery be it for asian or not. if the skill of the doc are good, they will know how to choose the right techniques and implants.

bbww, there is no need for u to travel oversea to do a simple silicone implant. as it is not a technical surgery. as long u find a reputable one in your country or spore will do. the doc should know which silicone implant to use on ur nose if u let him decide or u show him a nose u will like to have. however plz note that u may need more procedures if u want to change ur nose shape quite significantly.. cheers to ur PS.

for takuda only: why dun u go consult a local PS doctor for professional answer. it seem u dun bother to read careful what i posted earlier..
takuda/tanjhj: thanks for your comments!
tanjhj: yes, i'm not aiming for dramatic changes. from what i read about simple L-shaped silicon implant and what the surgeon here said, the change would not be that obvious too. i'm wondering if the change would even be noticeable? :P
the surgeon i chose says he worked on alot of asians nose implants, but i've no idea, since the surgeons here don't show pictures of their previous patients!? however, my caucasian friend went to him thats why i chose him. :)
yoz good luck on ur PS and enjoy!

however like to share something with yah which Yen said to me. i think it make some sense.. she said if the PS is hardly noticeable changes to ur looks, than whats the point of going for it?

quite true...
Golden Rules of PS:

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:02 pm

Hi tanjhj,

how's ur friend consultation today? She doing there?

rgds
yen :)