Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missmyhivy

Post by missmyhivy » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 9:32 am

shirleytemple wrote:
missmyhivy wrote:shirley temple,

the more you nervous,the terrible it will be.just trust urself,follow all the guidelines...and shoot for ur best.u can do it!! it doesn't matter whether its french or regular...as long as it looks great...it'll work. as suggested by some experienced girls here,light blouse and dark pants/skirt will do you good...just make sure u look professional and elegant,u must know what to do....

as for my own interview,here's the story:)
not that long...guess it's always the golden rule to arrive earlier than suggested time when u do any interviews. my appoinment was at 8am,arrived at 7.45 and i was put into a group immediately.then they called us to enter a room with 3 panelists.

from the moment you walk in the room,ur judgement has started.remember to walk gracefully,sit properly and show ur confidence.don't get intimidated by other fellas...i was the last to present myself...some of my prepared speech was 'stolen' by the other girls...gosh.....well,i just presented it in my own way.guess i stole their attention from my confidence,thus i strongly advise u to practice ur speech until u sound like a pro.

they told us to wait outside,after 2 minutes,VOILA! my name was called with another girl..the rest were told to go home.we were told to come back in the afternoon (around 4pm) for second interview and asked to bring along our original certificates.

:oops: i haven't commenced flying yet.scheduled for training at 25th this month...everything still can happen u know? there's going to be another health check.so i'll just do my best...let the rest happen by itself:)

my pleasure to share with u,feel like seeing myself couple months ago.anyway,above is just my own experience,it might not reflect the general situation...might different from place to place.u going for this weekend interview? *jia yu* then!
Thank you... Sounds exciting! Congratulations once again on being selected! I'm still curious though, the 2nd interview was held on the exact same day?? Was your interview held in Singapore? I was under the impression that there will only be 1 round of interview this weekend. All others after the 1st interview will be held at STC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, will be giving this a try. Working on my short 'speech'. Thank you your tips! You sure are very helpful! :) :)
As far as I can remember,yes...it was held in the same day.My interview was held in Jakarta,guess that is the reason why they made it as quick as possible.My last interview was done 2-3 days after my second interview.Lucky us I guess, that we didn't have to do water confidence test:) But we are all prepared for that though....From what I read,when the interview was held in Singapore,they tend to 'not rushing' everything.Please correct me if I'm wrong.Those are only my own opinion...All the best ya? :D

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:30 am

xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote:
missmyhivy wrote:cowie & koko77,
great! congrats for u girls as well! We're batchmates! See u at 25th then... :D have imagined the scenario on 25th as what koko said , "oh hi! are u cowie? i'm missmyhivy... :lol: :lol:

kristen,xmischax,corines,taurus19,easygoing...
thanks a lot! u girls going for interview this weekend? if so,just want to *jia yu*!!!!! wish to all good luck and perhaps meeting u all on-board? :wink:
hi missmyhivy
not mention. :D
oops" :o do you mean this weekend 6th or 25th jan there's recuitment or training. I guess i have miss the details. oh ya i guess i might not seeing you all cos i have to complete my study lst. Mayb got to see ya at the next batch if i am selected.. :D
6th and 7th are the interview dates this month.

25th is the date batch 902 starts training.
Batch 902?? Oh, my gosh...I was from Batch 146. Haha, and I'm still on this Forum. Well, enjoy your training and graduation ceremony , cause flying is not gonna be a walk in the park. :wink:
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

lindylim

Re: ; )) !!!

Post by lindylim » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:47 am

kristen wrote:im so excited for those who are goin for the interview this weekend!!! goodie luck girls..n fill us in k...??pass it on!! as much as i wud like to join u guys, i dun have my diploma cert yet..i will get it in february..so i really really hope that there be another recruiment drive..i dunno why but i feel that this is goin to be the last one...cuz its d start of the year..n mostly ppl will resign afta they get their bonuses n go get a new job....haha..i dont know~ its stated in d ad that preference will be given to those who know a foreign lang or experienced in customer service..so imagine those hundreds of ppl goin for the interview..there is tis little percentage that i will clinch d job.hahhaa.... can i know in the one to one interview..is there any chance they will ask whether u have experience in customer service? or know any foreign language?

anyone whu got in without knowing any foreign languages or do not have any knowledge in customer service??

those whu are goin for the interview this weekend, do u guys have any experience in customer service??

GOodieeeeee luck guys!!!! *winkzzz*
u can show them ur transcript..

can i double confirm that, those whom graduated with diploma however their O level english was graded D7, cant make it right?

kristen
Regular
Regular

hey

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:51 am

show them my transcript?i dun think they will accept it..its more like an original hard cover dip cert.lol..are u sure they will accept it?

kristen
Regular
Regular

Re: ; )) !!!

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:53 am

lindylim wrote:
kristen wrote:im so excited for those who are goin for the interview this weekend!!! goodie luck girls..n fill us in k...??pass it on!! as much as i wud like to join u guys, i dun have my diploma cert yet..i will get it in february..so i really really hope that there be another recruiment drive..i dunno why but i feel that this is goin to be the last one...cuz its d start of the year..n mostly ppl will resign afta they get their bonuses n go get a new job....haha..i dont know~ its stated in d ad that preference will be given to those who know a foreign lang or experienced in customer service..so imagine those hundreds of ppl goin for the interview..there is tis little percentage that i will clinch d job.hahhaa.... can i know in the one to one interview..is there any chance they will ask whether u have experience in customer service? or know any foreign language?

anyone whu got in without knowing any foreign languages or do not have any knowledge in customer service??

those whu are goin for the interview this weekend, do u guys have any experience in customer service??

u can show them ur transcript..

can i double confirm that, those whom graduated with diploma however their O level english was graded D7, cant make it right?
hmm let me try..i guess if its graded D7..the only thing left u can do is to speak really fluently during the interview.. ; )) im sure its nt all bout lookin at the certificates..i guess its a mixture of checkin them out n hearing hw u speak. so give it a try!!

kristen
Regular
Regular

heeeelloooooo

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:54 am

im so excited for those who are goin for the interview this weekend!!! goodie luck girls..n fill us in k...??pass it on!! as much as i wud like to join u guys, i dun have my diploma cert yet..i will get it in february..so i really really hope that there be another recruiment drive..i dunno why but i feel that this is goin to be the last one...cuz its d start of the year..n mostly ppl will resign afta they get their bonuses n go get a new job....haha..i dont know~ its stated in d ad that preference will be given to those who know a foreign lang or experienced in customer service..so imagine those hundreds of ppl goin for the interview..there is tis little percentage that i will clinch d job.hahhaa.... can i know in the one to one interview..is there any chance they will ask whether u have experience in customer service? or know any foreign language?

kristen
Regular
Regular

SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT PASSENGER SERVICE ASSTS

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:02 pm

SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT PASSENGER SERVICE ASSTS

*S'poreans/SPRs only
*GCE 'N' / 'O' Levels/SPM
*Good spoken English & basic computer skills
*Able to commit to 24 hrs rotating shifts, 6 days a week

We offer:

*Full training
*Uniform provided

Walk-In Interview
Thursday 4 & 5 Jan 07 (1pm-6pm)
Changi Airport Terminal 1
Airline Offices #034-33
(Near to Lift 16, Turn left from Terminal 1 (viewing mall)
Tel :6542 5184[/b]

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 7:16 pm

Ravens!

I noe it's a girl ok! wanna slap you la!!!! lol..

cowie... I'm have long hair den not very skinny also, 1.67m. Erm.... nothing special afterall..

I dunno abt the guarantor thing. Quite puzzled too. Well, I'm getting my mom to go of cos. But it's kinda weird. Like you can't get ur spouse, or your friend. And wat if ur mom is a housewife. So who? You noe what i mean?

You might wanna give mary a buzz? Or perhaps get ur direct relative?

I haven't send my deed of covenant back to them yet. Cos' I have lost my IC, so I dunno whether they would want a copy of my passport instead. Hiaks.

Anyway, when u going to sign the contract? Mine is on the 22nd jan.. 2pm. Misshy is on the 15th. Urs???

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:15 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote: hi missmyhivy
not mention. :D
oops" :o do you mean this weekend 6th or 25th jan there's recuitment or training. I guess i have miss the details. oh ya i guess i might not seeing you all cos i have to complete my study lst. Mayb got to see ya at the next batch if i am selected.. :D
6th and 7th are the interview dates this month.

25th is the date batch 902 starts training.
Batch 902?? Oh, my gosh...I was from Batch 146. Haha, and I'm still on this Forum. Well, enjoy your training and graduation ceremony , cause flying is not gonna be a walk in the park. :wink:
Let's hope people listen to what you say, good to have poster(s) with experience. :wink:

mi2

when is the exact date?

Post by mi2 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:12 pm

hello, everyone..what is the exact day for the interview? is it on 6th or 7th? because i have to work on sat, are they conducting on both days? or after we pass on 6th , then we will go to to the next round on 7th?
...pls help me on this..thanks..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: heeeelloooooo

Post by xmischax » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:35 pm

i`ve been learning french and i have 1year1month of customer service experience. don`t know if it`s enough though!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: when is the exact date?

Post by xmischax » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:36 pm

mi2 wrote:hello, everyone..what is the exact day for the interview? is it on 6th or 7th? because i have to work on sat, are they conducting on both days? or after we pass on 6th , then we will go to to the next round on 7th?
...pls help me on this..thanks..
no, you can go either on the 6th or the 7th. it`s two days of recruitment exercise.

cowie

Post by cowie » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:51 am

koko77 wrote:Ravens!

I noe it's a girl ok! wanna slap you la!!!! lol..

cowie... I'm have long hair den not very skinny also, 1.67m. Erm.... nothing special afterall..

I dunno abt the guarantor thing. Quite puzzled too. Well, I'm getting my mom to go of cos. But it's kinda weird. Like you can't get ur spouse, or your friend. And wat if ur mom is a housewife. So who? You noe what i mean?

You might wanna give mary a buzz? Or perhaps get ur direct relative?

I haven't send my deed of covenant back to them yet. Cos' I have lost my IC, so I dunno whether they would want a copy of my passport instead. Hiaks.

Anyway, when u going to sign the contract? Mine is on the 22nd jan.. 2pm. Misshy is on the 15th. Urs???
i also have not email them back yet..
deadline is 19Jan ma..
they let mi choose 21 or 22 Jan 2pm also.. i dunno which date to choose..
coz both are on a weekday & everyone is workin..
those not workin are housewives who cannot sign.. very jialat..
ur mum esp take leave to go sign for u ar..??

mimixue

Height issue

Post by mimixue » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 3:01 am

hI.. my height is 156 should i still go for the interview as well or should i just forget abt it.. but really think tat i have what it takes to get in juz my height :?

shirleytemple

Post by shirleytemple » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 8:08 am

Checklist:

1. I/C (original and photocopy)
2. B/C (original and photocopy)
3. Education certificates (original and photocopy)
4. Testimonials (original and photocopy)
5. Completed application form with passport sized photograph
6. SMILE

May the force be with you. All of you.