Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:34 pm

koko77 wrote:You can get primrose oil from guardian. By nature's way. It's a essential oil that everyone needs, like a health supplements. It helps in promoting good skin on long term basis. I've been taking it everyday. ha ha ha..

Good that you wanna try, gained some experience. For all you know. You might be in!
mmm i`ll got take a look tmr! heh. thanks anyway, i didn`t know about primrose oil!

yupyup, i have nothing to lose anyway, lots to gain. heh.

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:25 am

hi missmyhivy & koko77..

actually after seeing all e grooming standards, i'm abit worried.. because i do not have formal wear.. have to go buy.. i'm so broke this mth already.. =(

it's okay if ur hair is not black.. mine is not too.. so long as e colour is not too bright should be okay..

if got pimples just use a concealer to cover first..
gd luck to all those who r tryin out..
rem try not to stammer.. if u have prepared a speech.. try not to sound like u r memorising.. jiayou all.. =)
Last edited by cowie on Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:27 am

Yeay. The experiene you gained definitely be beneficial for you in the near future. Regardless whether you made it anot. But no worries man.

lady luck is smiling at you...

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:29 am

cowie.

Im like you.. so broke to buy any office wear. Lucky I do have some... just gonna rotate. But I got severe outbreak the other time, the side effect of stress. And it's recovering... Im so scared that foundation cannot cover the marks. urgh. devastating

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:33 am

haa koko77.. i'm the jialat one..
i workin in travel agency don't need to wear office wear..
i really don't have lor..
i wore demin skirts during e interviews.. only e final interview i wore formal.. top & bottom all borrowed one.. now "cham" already..

i have to wait till i take my pay this mth before i go shopping for all these formal clothes..
if u see someone who keeps wearing e same few pieces of clothing during e class.. u know it's me.. :oops:

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:39 am

cowie...

If you see someone with bangs to cover her marks.you noe it's me. LOL. and the one who rotates her clothing.. LOL.

What's ur surname starts with?

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:43 am

haa.. ya.. we'll be the two who keep wearing e same thing over n over again.. :wink:

my surname is Sim.. n my name very easy to rem one.. coz it's two same words.. =)

ur surname..??

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:46 am

koko77 wrote:Yeay. The experiene you gained definitely be beneficial for you in the near future. Regardless whether you made it anot. But no worries man.

lady luck is smiling at you...

ooh yeahh ooh yeahh, that will be perfect. heh. :D

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:49 am

Sim Ling Ling? Sim Shan Shan? Sim long long? Sim Li li? LOL...!!!

Mine Wong... At the bottom one... hiaks.... NO you noe why. cos i heard SNY buddy is going by register number... and since young my register number is always at the back, so i wanna see who's W or X or Z. Could be my buddy! LOL...

I cant imagine myself seeing you, asking you:" are you cowie?" Oh my god.

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 1:04 am

all wrong..!!!
but e first one is quite near to my name liaoz.. keep guessin.. :P

my name very nice one hor.. not wat ling ling long long.. hee..

u'll sure know it's me when u hear my name.. definately..
i'm abt 1.68m.. abit "ba ba".. long hair..
okie.. i think alot of ppl fit this description.. =X

when u hear my name.. u know it's me.. :D
hey.. i wanna ask u.. must we get e guarantor down to sign e contract..?? or can just sign then photocopy e IC etc to verify.. it's weekdays.. & 2pm.. everyone is workin.. housewives not allowed.. where do i get someone to sign for me..?????

twinkling

Post by twinkling » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 1:38 am

hey people, just wanna ask, regarding the "availability" blank in the application form, will they reject people if the notice period is too far away? like for eg, if i apply this weekend and do get in, but i would only be available in say, april, is that acceptable? if one did get through and made it, how long would be until the training? oh oh, and also, regarding the training, it's not every day, is it?

reading all your posts is making me nervous, you guys are like so prepared compared to me! (:

ravens

Post by ravens » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 2:45 am

eh koko, your name will be bottom of the girls names la.. girls normally will hav a even number, which means ur buddy will def be a lady. as for guys sometimes will hav odd no, which means he will have no buddy and be on the sny flight on his own.

as for those goin to start trainin, dont worry too much ya. its fun in STC though the times r tough wit all the exams and thick notes to remember, but im sure u girls will pass thru nice. as for formal wear, u only need to worry for the first 6 weeks, after which u will only wear khaki kinda pants and polo tee, more of a casual wear but still a certainty of formality in it.

lastly, for those goin for the interview, all the best ya. one last reminder, jus be yourself, no point puttin up a false front and suffer for the rest of your career of been not urself. This job is great to be in, but at times, it can be pretty taxin in your health, which means u might not have enough rest due to jet lag and stuff like that. And i guess by now u know whats the passengers expectation of SIA by now, they r payin a premium amount, and they expect services which surpass other airlines, so jus imagine the amount of stress which is on u when u preform your duty. think thru is this the life which u wan, and trust me its not a easy job to handle, u have to work fast and i mean it, FAST and multi task at the same time. No doubt all the hard work, its all worth it.

ravens

Post by ravens » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 2:53 am

hi twinkling,

dont worry abt it. jus try and see how. theres alot of myth sayin if ur date is too far away, they will reject u. eeeer dont worry so much is what i suggest. leave it to the management to decide. meanwhile, if u think u got the cut for the job, go on, try it. dont think so much and provided u like this job ya, not becos of ppl sayin how glamorous this job is and how high the pay is. the most important of all, u r enjoyin what u are doin. if joy is not in this job of yours, trust me u will feel dejected in no time when u start flyin, so its this joy and passion which will keeps u goin no matter what shitty ppl u come across in futute.

meanwhile good luck. all the best

kristen
Regular
Regular

helloOOoooooO!

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 9:12 am

goodie luck for d interview this weekend!! as for me..i dun think im fully prepared..i dun have any experience in customer service...i jus read thru the classified section..n they are in need of SIA passenger service..so i guess i will go for that...its a one year contract..dame!!! so at least when there is another recruitment drive..i can go for it n be all confident that i have d knowledge in customer service line....any suggestions??

kristen
Regular
Regular

; )) !!!

Post by kristen » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 9:20 am

im so excited for those who are goin for the interview this weekend!!! goodie luck girls..n fill us in k...??pass it on!! as much as i wud like to join u guys, i dun have my diploma cert yet..i will get it in february..so i really really hope that there be another recruiment drive..i dunno why but i feel that this is goin to be the last one...cuz its d start of the year..n mostly ppl will resign afta they get their bonuses n go get a new job....haha..i dont know~ its stated in d ad that preference will be given to those who know a foreign lang or experienced in customer service..so imagine those hundreds of ppl goin for the interview..there is tis little percentage that i will clinch d job.hahhaa.... can i know in the one to one interview..is there any chance they will ask whether u have experience in customer service? or know any foreign language?

anyone whu got in without knowing any foreign languages or do not have any knowledge in customer service??

those whu are goin for the interview this weekend, do u guys have any experience in customer service??

GOodieeeeee luck guys!!!! *winkzzz*