Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:07 pm

gosh i`m really excited. lol

i`ve got manicure and pedicure appointments on friday, hair cut and treatment appointments tomorrow, shopping for appropriate clothes/accessories, so much things to do!

i`m also reading up more on the airline, prepare questions and rehearsing my speech in front of the mirror.

hah. crazy isn`t it! hopefully i`ll make it. i`m confident! lol

raindrops, you wanna go together? anyone else wanna go with us? heh

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:10 pm

shirleytemple wrote:Good morning,

Just a few more days to go! Lots of things running through my head. What to wear? What to say? How to style my hair? French manicure or regular manicure? If I go with the regular manicure, neutral shade, dark shade or light shade? Insanity? Probably.
hah we`re in the same situation! :lol:

those preparation stuff never leaves my mind!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:16 pm

xmischax

Sorry for the late reply. yeah it'd definitely be better if you be patient and wait a little longer. Wait till u completed ur course. Meanwhile, you should gain as much information and experience. That's y I totally agrred with what missmyhivy said. The moment you stepped in, judgement had been made.

Speak like a PRO is the word man!! That's what I've been trying to say all this while. Look into the mirror and practise.

The interview is nearing and I do hope for those who are going do their best. Make it or break it. 50% chance is in ur hands.

As for shirleytemple....

The french twist and manicure thingy is optional. It will likely to be more impt when you are a trainee. As for the interview, you will just have to appear prim and proper, not too flamboyant. Keep ur poise and elegance. Practise ur smile and also ur speech and pronunciation.

shirleytemple

Post by shirleytemple » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:20 pm

xmischax wrote:

Just a few more days to go! Lots of things running through my head. What to wear? What to say? How to style my hair? French manicure or regular manicure? If I go with the regular manicure, neutral shade, dark shade or light shade? Insanity? Probably.

You know it! I've just completed drafting my 'speech'. Have to remember to schedule appointments for my nails! Looks like I will not have the time to go to my regular manicurist in town. Will have to scout for one close to work. As far as hair goes, I think I'm not going do anything drastic. Just a good wash and blow-dry. Need to make it real shiny though! :) I hope it works out this Saturday. If anything, I think the experience will be worth it. I hope.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:23 pm

koko77 wrote:xmischax

Sorry for the late reply. yeah it'd definitely be better if you be patient and wait a little longer. Wait till u completed ur course. Meanwhile, you should gain as much information and experience. That's y I totally agrred with what missmyhivy said. The moment you stepped in, judgement had been made.

Speak like a PRO is the word man!! That's what I've been trying to say all this while. Look into the mirror and practise.

The interview is nearing and I do hope for those who are going do their best. Make it or break it. 50% chance is in ur hands.

As for shirleytemple....

The french twist and manicure thingy is optional. It will likely to be more impt when you are a trainee. As for the interview, you will just have to appear prim and proper, not too flamboyant. Keep ur poise and elegance. Practise ur smile and also ur speech and pronunciation.
well said, well said! :D

shirleytemple

Post by shirleytemple » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:25 pm

koko,
How long does this 'speech' have to be? As in length of time? 1 min? 2 mins?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:25 pm

shirleytemple wrote:
xmischax wrote:

You know it! I've just completed drafting my 'speech'. Have to remember to schedule appointments for my nails! Looks like I will not have the time to go to my regular manicurist in town. Will have to scout for one close to work. As far as hair goes, I think I'm not going do anything drastic. Just a good wash and blow-dry. Need to make it real shiny though! :) I hope it works out this Saturday. If anything, I think the experience will be worth it. I hope.
precisely! lol

so much to do in so little time? lol. which manicurist fo you go to, usually? i`m not doing anything drastic for hair too.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:26 pm

For those who are going..

Keep ur self introduction short and sweet and simple but with impact. Never go beyond 3mins. You can speak abt ur current job or what are you doing. What are the different vacations that you have engaged in. Why do you wanna join SIA as a steward/stewardess?

However, there are times when they give you a topic and you will be asked to talk abt it. In this case, you would have to think fast and act fast. Some of the previous topics were; what is ur greatest fear? what is the most memorable moment in ur life? etc etc.

Be prepared with all these possibility.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:29 pm

shirley, xmischax.

I dunno if im kiasu anot. But i dyed my hair black when i went for interview. I dunno, but it does seem that black hair look better on asians like us. And it definitely gives a relatively good impression.

So you guys can dun worry abt the salon and manicure thingy. Cos at this stage in the 1st to 3rd interview. They won't check on the nails and quality of hair. So save the money to buy good pimple cream or skincare for the water confidence test!!!!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:32 pm

koko77 wrote:shirley, xmischax.

I dunno if im kiasu anot. But i dyed my hair black when i went for interview. I dunno, but it does seem that black hair look better on asians like us. And it definitely gives a relatively good impression.

So you guys can dun worry abt the salon and manicure thingy. Cos at this stage in the 1st to 3rd interview. They won't check on the nails and quality of hair. So save the money to buy good pimple cream or skincare for the water confidence test!!!!
haha the manicure and salon thingy is not necessary for this stage, but then i feel more "complete" with them. so i`m gonna do it. and i find doing those two really enjoyable! lol

ooooh i`ve never dyed my hair before, so it`s black, but not jet black, a little dark brown and black. cos my mom`s hair colour is dark brown.

and yeahh, totally agree with you. good skin is very impt!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:36 pm

xmischax

ha. no offence. Cos' at this pt, they won't looked into the personal appearance. it's just on the general. If it makes you feel better and more confident. Go ahead. It's a kinda motivation.

It doesn't have to be jet black. But you won't look good if eu enters the room with pink or blonde. You know what I mean?

Talking about good skin. You really have to maintain it, I was intimidated during the water confidence. Althou my skin was not bad then. But they looked as close as thou she's gonna kiss you any min. ha.. So you gonna make sure that next week ur face will be like baby's ass. ! wahha

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:39 pm

koko77 wrote:xmischax

ha. no offence. Cos' at this pt, they won't looked into the personal appearance. it's just on the general. If it makes you feel better and more confident. Go ahead. It's a kinda motivation.

It doesn't have to be jet black. But you won't look good if eu enters the room with pink or blonde. You know what I mean?

Talking about good skin. You really have to maintain it, I was intimidated during the water confidence. Althou my skin was not bad then. But they looked as close as thou she's gonna kiss you any min. ha.. So you gonna make sure that next week ur face will be like baby's ass. ! wahha
haha yeahhh! the interview is just an excuse to go indulge in a manicure, pedicure and hair treatment. hah!

yupp i get what you mean. heh. i wouldn`t, don`t worry! lol

ahhh yes. baby`s ass is a must. drink more water, people!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:44 pm

Take primrose oil... It help in promoting good skin. wahah.. I tot you said u're not going? Changed ur mind ah? lol.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:56 pm

koko77 wrote:Take primrose oil... It help in promoting good skin. wahah.. I tot you said u're not going? Changed ur mind ah? lol.
ohhhh! what`s primrose oil? where to get! lol

yeaa i wasn`t intending to go, but then i got talked around. lol. no harm trying out.. even if it`s just for the experience..

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:00 pm

You can get primrose oil from guardian. By nature's way. It's a essential oil that everyone needs, like a health supplements. It helps in promoting good skin on long term basis. I've been taking it everyday. ha ha ha..

Good that you wanna try, gained some experience. For all you know. You might be in!