Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 2:10 am

taurus19 wrote:wao.. you are so young :o and i guess this is your lst job rite as cvs? mm i dun think i am ready as i need to amend my teeth cos they are crooked and i got pimples.. hhaha so many thing need to adjust .. are you very tall? hope you dun mind me asking so direct.. aren't you working tomorrow?
haha young? i think i am. lol. i`m born in the year 1989.

nope, i`ve had a few jobs across customer service line. from f&b to retail sales.

nope i`m not tall. i`m just over the requirement, 159.

and yes! i`m working tmr! lol

but no matter what, it`ll be an eye opener don`t you think? make it or not, you know what to do next time :)

Samkira

Good Luck!!!!

Post by Samkira » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 3:18 am

To all FA wannabes, I wish all of you all the best for your interview this coming Sat / Sun.. Sadly to say, I am unable to make it for the interview this week as I am flying off to NZ tomorrow... Nonetheless, I will go for the next available one... :)

shirleytemple

Post by shirleytemple » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 8:38 am

Good morning,

Just a few more days to go! Lots of things running through my head. What to wear? What to say? How to style my hair? French manicure or regular manicure? If I go with the regular manicure, neutral shade, dark shade or light shade? Insanity? Probably.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 8:39 am

tuber wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
corines143 wrote:hi
why would u wanna join tiger? you should join the best which is SIA.

actually there is bitching anywhere in any company. its how u work with them and how u react
Er...we been there and done that already. Longest flight I went for was 16 days-Taipei-LA and can't remember where else, but it was SQ 16.. That month, I earned my highest ever salary in my life, S$4,400. In the Maldives, I caught sharks from the beach using a handline(nite time), rode camels in Cairo, Egypt ;sailed in Karachi, Pakistan during the Gulf War and went rafting in Kathmandu, Nepal. Nowadays, $2000 from Tiger and riding the MRT to work everyday makes me the happiest person... SQ the best? Well...perhaps. My big bro is a Captain on the B777. :wink:
$4400???!!!! 16 days???!!! how many years ago was that? Its now 8 days TPE-LAX and the allowance is not even half of $4400.. Lucky u..

Aiyoh,
What I meant is that the $4,400 was my salary for that whole month!(in 1989) I also did a SQ 2 HKG-SFO-HNL(Honolulu). Only spent 5 days in Singapore that month! :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 9:20 am

ya true. so i shall wish you all the best and gd luck @ this weekend.

ya i do have a few years of customer svs, F&b and Sales asst plus minus i guess got mro then 2years. am still working v hard on my height have to do lot of Stretching , for now i only 157-8 in the morn wen cuming to evening my heigh decrease so sad.

Any way am travelling bangkok this weekend fetching Cathay flt if lucky or possible i wld take pic wif the flt attendent... hahah the only way to make me feel satisfied.... thou i nv attend the interview. .. :lol:

and to those going to attend the interview this weekend all the best and gd luck and if can post the outcome tat you encounter.

hope my writing is not too ugly... :P
See the world from a different vantage point

missmyhivy

Re: accomodation

Post by missmyhivy » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 9:58 am

M wrote:
missmyhivy wrote:hi everyone...

can anybody suggest whereabout areas to stay so that it's going to be convenient to go to STC? I've gathered some info,some say Tampines,Simei,and of course Changi areas.But a cousin of mine suggested Xingang which has direct bus route as all mentioned areas do not have bus routes to STC. Any comments will be much appreciated!!!!

Oh one more...I checked rental fee from this forum,assume I must prepare $600-$800 approx if I share with other 2 girls.*sigh* just wondering...could i get cheaper ones? assume prices published in the internet would be higher than agents on spot.but anyway...all comments are very welcome!!!! heard also that we have to pay 3 months in advance when we agree to rent an apartment...gosh.....that's a lot of money :shock:
tenah merah. it's about 15mins from where i'm living. bus 24 is direct and you just need to cross the road when you reach the stop opposite stc. :cool:
M...thanks a lot.....Cheers!

kristen
Regular
Regular

GOoddiee luckkk! *winks*

Post by kristen » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:24 am

GOOD LUCK to those who are going for the interview this weekend...!! n Oh, remember to fill us in..haha..n im sure u guys will get info as to when the next recruitment date will be..so kindly pass it on..that is if u know..im hoping there be one in february.. :))

kristen
Regular
Regular

hello..!!

Post by kristen » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:49 am

im really happy for missmyhivy, cowie & koko77 ..!! good luck, girlss!! its awesome that we have this forum to keep in touch! haha...lets all keep in stitch..& to those who are trying..keep trying..dun give up..! lets all work together...keep d spirit burning..lol..maybe once we are officially in, missmyhivy, cowie n koko77 can help us get comfy in d new environment. *winks* hehe.jk.

n to those who have pimples..im wit u..haha..drink alot of water..ALOT of water..its true..it works! n eat fruits..n oh,im currently using Nivea body night whitening milk..its really good because it lightens d blemishes n reduce discoloration for a more even skin tone....n d lotion is easily aborbed n suitable for all skin types..but hey, i dun wanna invite trouble for myself..if u guys wanna try it out..jus head to watsons, ntuc or anywhere n speak to d consultants for more info...they will help u out..

as for me, im trying to find time to blacken my hair..haha..regret dying..cuz d dye is pretty strong..ive tried bigeon..lol..but to no avail..like wat was i thinking??!!!haa given up~ i guess d salon is d only last option..lol..

alryte all d best..take care..n keep in touch ya..lets make full use of this forum..its awesome!! mwahh! : ))

kristen
Regular
Regular

hi taurus19..!!

Post by kristen » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:03 am

taurus19 wrote:i have just passed my cert @ PSB 2007. dun think i can use that think abit low, ya have check with MDIS bt not very satisfied cos is their new course and not result to review dun know how well the teacher can teach. am working in the office now as admit bt i guess soon or later i ll go try look for cvs line if can learn some foreign language.

btw how old are you? is this your lst time trying SIA?
hey taurus19!!!.. ;) i was in mdis for a year..did my diploma in mass communications....d lecturers are really hardworking n dedicated..they will go all the way out to help u..trust me..i have friends doing their degree programmes..n they too feel d same..if u have any doubts, go straight to ur lecturer..sit him/her down..n go through whatever doubts u have..if u dun ask, nothin is going to work..maybe u can take a visit to d mdis library..look thru d sch magazine-Horizons..check out the appreciation column...n u can read wat past n current students wrote about their lecturers.so all the best n goodieeeee luckkK!! fill us in k.. : ))

missmyhivy

Post by missmyhivy » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:48 am

shirley temple,

the more you nervous,the terrible it will be.just trust urself,follow all the guidelines...and shoot for ur best.u can do it!! it doesn't matter whether its french or regular...as long as it looks great...it'll work. as suggested by some experienced girls here,light blouse and dark pants/skirt will do you good...just make sure u look professional and elegant,u must know what to do....

as for my own interview,here's the story:)
not that long...guess it's always the golden rule to arrive earlier than suggested time when u do any interviews. my appoinment was at 8am,arrived at 7.45 and i was put into a group immediately.then they called us to enter a room with 3 panelists.

from the moment you walk in the room,ur judgement has started.remember to walk gracefully,sit properly and show ur confidence.don't get intimidated by other fellas...i was the last to present myself...some of my prepared speech was 'stolen' by the other girls...gosh.....well,i just presented it in my own way.guess i stole their attention from my confidence,thus i strongly advise u to practice ur speech until u sound like a pro.

they told us to wait outside,after 2 minutes,VOILA! my name was called with another girl..the rest were told to go home.we were told to come back in the afternoon (around 4pm) for second interview and asked to bring along our original certificates.

:oops: i haven't commenced flying yet.scheduled for training at 25th this month...everything still can happen u know? there's going to be another health check.so i'll just do my best...let the rest happen by itself:)

my pleasure to share with u,feel like seeing myself couple months ago.anyway,above is just my own experience,it might not reflect the general situation...might different from place to place.u going for this weekend interview? *jia yu* then!

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi taurus19..!!

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 1:27 pm

kristen wrote:
taurus19 wrote:i have just passed my cert @ PSB 2007. dun think i can use that think abit low, ya have check with MDIS bt not very satisfied cos is their new course and not result to review dun know how well the teacher can teach. am working in the office now as admit bt i guess soon or later i ll go try look for cvs line if can learn some foreign language.

btw how old are you? is this your lst time trying SIA?
hey taurus19!!!.. ;) i was in mdis for a year..did my diploma in mass communications....d lecturers are really hardworking n dedicated..they will go all the way out to help u..trust me..i have friends doing their degree programmes..n they too feel d same..if u have any doubts, go straight to ur lecturer..sit him/her down..n go through whatever doubts u have..if u dun ask, nothin is going to work..maybe u can take a visit to d mdis library..look thru d sch magazine-Horizons..check out the appreciation column...n u can read wat past n current students wrote about their lecturers.so all the best n goodieeeee luckkK!! fill us in k.. : ))
orh thks kristen
i was refering the new course O's & A's level as it was their new course tat y dun dare to enrol.. hehe ya i do have some recommandation saying that their dip or deg course was good cos the teacher over there were dedicated and passion...

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 3:16 pm

Hmm hello i am also doing my o levels this year then after that i wanna apply into SIA. am studying in private school. Lol. i heard of rumours that the o level result will be mark locally this year and it be known to everyone in december. So can apply at a flight steward early....
xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote:
missmyhivy wrote:cowie & koko77,
great! congrats for u girls as well! We're batchmates! See u at 25th then... :D have imagined the scenario on 25th as what koko said , "oh hi! are u cowie? i'm missmyhivy... :lol: :lol:

kristen,xmischax,corines,taurus19,easygoing...
thanks a lot! u girls going for interview this weekend? if so,just want to *jia yu*!!!!! wish to all good luck and perhaps meeting u all on-board? :wink:
hi missmyhivy
not mention. :D
oops" :o do you mean this weekend 6th or 25th jan there's recuitment or training. I guess i have miss the details. oh ya i guess i might not seeing you all cos i have to complete my study lst. Mayb got to see ya at the next batch if i am selected.. :D
6th and 7th are the interview dates this month.

25th is the date batch 902 starts training.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 3:29 pm

[quote="zandlelightz"]Hmm hello i am also doing my o levels this year then after that i wanna apply into SIA. am studying in private school. Lol. i heard of rumours that the o level result will be mark locally this year and it be known to everyone in december. So can apply at a flight steward early....

hi zandlelightz,
where did you take your o's level?

shirleytemple

Post by shirleytemple » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 8:17 pm

missmyhivy wrote:shirley temple,

the more you nervous,the terrible it will be.just trust urself,follow all the guidelines...and shoot for ur best.u can do it!! it doesn't matter whether its french or regular...as long as it looks great...it'll work. as suggested by some experienced girls here,light blouse and dark pants/skirt will do you good...just make sure u look professional and elegant,u must know what to do....

not that long...guess it's always the golden rule to arrive earlier than suggested time when u do any interviews. my appoinment was at 8am,arrived at 7.45 and i was put into a group immediately.then they called us to enter a room with 3 panelists.

from the moment you walk in the room,ur judgement has started.remember to walk gracefully,sit properly and show ur confidence.don't get intimidated by other fellas...i was the last to present myself...some of my prepared speech was 'stolen' by the other girls...gosh.....well,i just presented it in my own way.guess i stole their attention from my confidence,thus i strongly advise u to practice ur speech until u sound like a pro.

they told us to wait outside,after 2 minutes,VOILA! my name was called with another girl..the rest were told to go home.we were told to come back in the afternoon (around 4pm) for second interview and asked to bring along our original certificates.

:oops: i haven't commenced flying yet.scheduled for training at 25th this month...everything still can happen u know? there's going to be another health check.so i'll just do my best...let the rest happen by itself:)

my pleasure to share with u,feel like seeing myself couple months ago.anyway,above is just my own experience,it might not reflect the general situation...might different from place to place.u going for this weekend interview? *jia yu* then!
Thank you... Sounds exciting! Congratulations once again on being selected! I'm still curious though, the 2nd interview was held on the exact same day?? Was your interview held in Singapore? I was under the impression that there will only be 1 round of interview this weekend. All others after the 1st interview will be held at STC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, will be giving this a try. Working on my short 'speech'. Thank you your tips! You sure are very helpful! :) :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:04 pm

missmyhivy wrote:shirley temple,

ohh! that must have been exciting! lol

but then, the first interview is the personal introduction right? any tips or things to take note of? or like, what should you include?