Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 2:33 pm

if i not wrg shd be In flight stewarders. :( sad to hear that. Must be a tough moment. anyway ryanstarr what qualification did you enrol for SIA?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: oh no..

Post by xmischax » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 4:00 pm

kristen wrote:
nafnaf wrote:if im not wrong SIA does not accept diplomas from mdis, better to check it out with HR first before committing to take up the program :)
Gosh...are u serious?..i recently completed my diploma in mass communications in MDIS..i am currently waiting to sit for one last exam in British Council and i am done..i will get my diploma cert in february..i even went all the way out to learn how to swim..and now? : (( i guess there is no harm trying..even if i dun get the job, i know i tried my best..at least, i can go apply for the next advanced diploma intake in april..

anyways, do you think there be any recruitment drive in february?
last year they had 3 recruitment drives, in feb, july and nov, if i remember correctly. don`t worry, SIA will always have recruitment drives, just do your thing and look out for the recruitment drives on the straits times or on SIA`s website. :)

missmyhivy

25 jan - batch 902

Post by missmyhivy » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 5:35 pm

koko77,

hi! i just got an email regarding the contract signing ceremony.as predicted,its gg to be on 15 jan.they also attach rules on grooming during the training.u want me to send it to u? kindly provide ur email add,and i'll send it to u...who knows....u can get urself prepared (if u haven't seen it be4)

any other girls joining training for 25 jan?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:39 pm

missmyhivy

Hey you make me nervous man. I'm checking my email right now. And hoping I do get the email too. It's really batch 902? oh my god. It went that fast.... wait wait wait... checking..... ( heart thumping damn fast)....

voila!!!

I got it! Im in batch 902. Same as you... heh heh.

Anyway Im signing on the 22nd or 23rd. So I see ya on the 25th~!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:56 pm

nafnaf.

It's not quite true SIA don't accept MDIS. They do actually. Like ravens, if you view the earlier thread. He was also from MDIS. I believe it just depends on luck.

cowie

Post by cowie » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 2:40 am

hi koko77 & missmyhivy..

i'm also startin trainin on 25Jan..

just received e email from them today as well..

=)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 3:06 am

oh gosh i am so happy n excited for u gals!! have fun and hope this would a start of a greattttt career
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 9:25 am

cowie.

that's cool. I can't imagine us seeing each other and feeling embarassed, like oh so that's koko or that cowie...

See ya soon.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 1:33 pm

Wao Wao. Am so happy for you all :D "flying with your dream"

cowie, koko77 & missmyhivy
sorry for my ignorance over here, may i check sometin with ya.. mm ... do your enrol by O level/Poly dip or Private Dip. How old are your and are ya above the required height? Sorry for my funny question

hope to hear from ya :lol:
See the world from a different vantage point

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:33 pm

cowie, koko77 & missmyhivy

congrats! come back and continue to talk to us as well as tell us about your wonderful experiences. all the best! :D

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:51 pm

xmischax wrote:
heyoooo.

i`ve decided not to go for this interview. i`ll go after i graduate from SP with my dip in aerospace electronics engineering. hopefully they`ll have a recruitment there again when i am graduating. i`m starting in apr07.

so i can take all these years to prepare. i`ve been taking french and will continue till i master it, gain customer service experience and get my diploma. by then, i`m sure i`ll be more experienced, more matured and more confident. i`ll make all efforts and whatever it takes, i won`t forsake my dream! :D

hey,xmischax!

glad to hear that you are working towards your dream! :D how long is your course? who knows, we may just meet each other at the recruitment centre one day! :D haha....
Anyway, cheers to our dreams of flying! :D :wink:

ps: yep, i got your PM... :wink: :)
Last edited by easy_going on Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:55 pm

congrats,cowie, koko77 & missmyhivy! Very happy for you! :D

Do come back and share your experiences, ok? :) :wink:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:05 pm

easy_going wrote:
xmischax wrote:
heyoooo.

i`ve decided not to go for this interview. i`ll go after i graduate from SP with my dip in aerospace electronics engineering. hopefully they`ll have a recruitment there again when i am graduating. i`m starting in apr07.

so i can take all these years to prepare. i`ve been taking french and will continue till i master it, gain customer service experience and get my diploma. by then, i`m sure i`ll be more experienced, more matured and more confident. i`ll make all efforts and whatever it takes, i won`t forsake my dream! :D

hey,xmischax!

glad to hear that you are working towards your dream! :D how long is your course? who knows, we may just meet each other at the recruitment centre one day! :D haha....
Anyway, cheers to our dreams of flying! :D :wink:

ps: yep, i got your PM... :wink: :)
yeahh, i`ve got all kinds of things lined up to do, have to make myself the perfect candidate, you know! i`m a perfectionist, so i hope to get in the first try. :)

my course is 3 years full time, at singapore poly. are you from sp? heh. hopefully they`ll hold a recruitment drive there when i`m about to graduate, just like they always did.

anyways, yeahh, cheers to our dreams of flying! :D

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:33 pm

3 years? cool! :)

There is enough time to prepare, then... :)
Nope, i'm not from Sp...

:) :) :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:01 am

easy_going wrote:3 years? cool! :)

There is enough time to prepare, then... :)
Nope, i'm not from Sp...

:) :) :)
yeahh haha. but you know, there`s a lot of preparations to do! so hopefully! hehe. where are you studying/working?