Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:06 am

corines143 wrote:how come you only got N levels? and what do u mean that was 5yrs ago? how old r you now?

SIA is ok with any qualification. the most important is how u talk and how u preesnt yourself.
Hi, I would like to clarify. SIA is NOT OK with just any qualifications. I have seen girls being turned away because they did not meet the minimum qualifications stated in the advertisement. They do not recognise certain private diplomas as well. So, I would suggest to get the minimum qualifications met before you go for the interviews so as not to waste your time as well as feel the disappointment whened turned away by them.

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:10 am

koko77 wrote:cabbage,

You should give it a shot again. Some tried 4 times or even more b4 getting in SIA. I am not being typical but you really have to 'snatch' the kebaya when you enter the room. 'Kiasu'.

As for the jamming of the 3rd round. I mentioned earlier, that the interviewer did question me abt the latest news of SIA. You have to be certain that you 'freaking' want this job so much that you are updated of their latest information and news. In a way it goes to show them that ur eager to join SIA.

You seem to noe abt the new biz class thingy, you should read more abt it. In case!

Go ahead for the next intake. For all you noe. you'll be selected this time round. right?

luck~!

Hi KoKo,

Thanks for the encouragement! Will let you know if I got in? Haha... ;)

missmyhivy

Post by missmyhivy » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:12 am

koko77 wrote:missmyhivy

nope. I haven't got mine as well. But I'm just looking out for my email since Mary said she's gonna send me a mail stating the date and time to sign the contract. Hiaks. Anyway there's a mth to go before training. I guess, they should inform us 2 weeks before training commences.

See you.
koko77
cross our fingers then! let's still keep in touch shall we? i'll keep you posted should any progress happen...

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:13 am

koko77 wrote:To correct it. SIA takes almost all dip. Be it from pte sch or local polys. Cos' my cert is a pte dip. And no doubt they accepted it. As long as it's a dip.

Hi Koko,

Really? I've a friend whom I met at the one of the intake and she got turned away twice coz SIA does not recognise her private dip. It was such a pity as she managed to get thru the first round during both of her tries.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:26 am

ya that mean SIA still need at least a recongise qualification. I think we should change our route as in picking a good school and do well

so sad and boring my office internet was down :mad: cldn't surf luckly i can cum here

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 9:30 am

i intend to study SIM pt dip. Do anyone think i can use my PSB cert to enrol instead of starting all over again @ SIM

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:34 pm

taurus19 wrote:ryanstarr
why dun u try silkair heard tat e benefit oso not bad
Yah...heard that the bitching is quite bad over there, cause all female! Actually, my boyfriend is ex-SQ and now he wanna join Tiger and I dun mind joining him there. Plavt, thanks for the tip, I have gone to browse their webbie already. :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 1:38 pm

hi
why would u wanna join tiger? you should join the best which is SIA.

actually there is bitching anywhere in any company. its how u work with them and how u react
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 1:53 pm

corines143 wrote:hi
why would u wanna join tiger? you should join the best which is SIA.

actually there is bitching anywhere in any company. its how u work with them and how u react
Er...we been there and done that already. Longest flight I went for was 16 days-Taipei-LA and can't remember where else, but it was SQ 16.. That month, I earned my highest ever salary in my life, S$4,400. In the Maldives, I caught sharks from the beach using a handline(nite time), rode camels in Cairo, Egypt ;sailed in Karachi, Pakistan during the Gulf War and went rafting in Kathmandu, Nepal. Nowadays, $2000 from Tiger and riding the MRT to work everyday makes me the happiest person... SQ the best? Well...perhaps. My big bro is a Captain on the B777. :wink:
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 3:33 pm

hi ryanstarr
u mean u fly wif SIA before? :shock: Then are you still wif them, may i know how old are you?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 4:34 pm

You mean you did all that on SIA rite ? Then why not continue.. It sounds great & wonderful... why do u want to go down to $2k.. ? you happier with a lower pay ?

Yep B777 is the new boeing with advanced features and a more spacious & comfortable economy seating. i cant wait for the A380 that would be awesome. hehe but only launched next yr October.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 5:32 pm

Cabbage

Sorry for the late reply. I mentioned earlier. SIA do accept pte dip. I'm from a local design school. I'm not exactly a crew, but i'm starting my training on the 25th Jan.

As for ur fren, cos' you did said she's from some pte dip? I heard from a fren of mine that her fren was from PSB. And SIA rejected her bcos of that. As for MDIS, I believe that SIA do tie down with MDIS for courses available for SIA crew.

So it is advisable to take a dip from NAFA, Lasalle-SIA, Raffles Lasalle, SIM & MDIS if you do not have local poly dip. Since you have a PSB academy certificate. I would suggest that you go for MDIS instead as it is more regconised for SIA and also other company. Moreover the part time dip only takes 12 mths or so. Full time is abt 9 mths I think.

But, but... you can try using ur PSB certificate. I cannot guarantee you anything. But you can try. It's a dilemma. You have to accept it if they don't accept ur cert.
Last edited by koko77 on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 5:33 pm

missmyhivy

Yeah. Do update me if you gotten ur contract ok. Perhaps I'll shall see you at the training centre on the 25th. !!

Cheers

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 5:56 pm

Taurus.

You can read the post I attended to cabbage. Sometimes, it's not a foolproof thingy. Althou you have a cert from PSB, you can try. However, no promises.

Should you wanna start over again, I would suggest MDIS, bcos that takes the shortest time.

It's all up to individual actually. Cos' some people wans a more recgonised cert. For future benefits.

Althou ur cert is from PSB, but make sure it's dip and above. You can still try. I mean...JUST go! Hooray..

OR.. alternatively, those who have 5 O's and still studying in poly or wherever. You can use the O's to apply for it. Cos' the minimum is only 5 O's credits.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 6:01 pm

xmischax

I'm from a local design school. There's only 3 you can think of. I major in something so different from what I am gonna do. Believe it anot?, I was from the fashion design faculty.

People may think do they really take such dip. Yes they do. I submitted to SIA my cert couple weeks ago. They have to review it since my interview was in July. They only take 4 days to get back to me telling me my training date.

Don't worry. Whatever cert ur holding and I do believe you have Os right? You may be too young nevertheless, you can still try. take it as a experience.