Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:36 pm

ryanstarr
why dun u try silkair heard tat e benefit oso not bad

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 6:38 pm

xmischax wrote:
no it`s the complete opposite, i`m afraid that i am too young! i am 17, turning 18 in 2007.

Hi! i'm 17 this yr too... :D But i don't intend to join SIA until i'm 20...because at this moment, i don't think i'm quite ready yet... :)

i want to be absolutely sure and confident of myself before going in for their interview... :)

All the best,xmischax, if you are joining SIA soon...
Hope we will become colleagues one day! :D :D :wink:

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 7:19 pm

corines143 wrote:SIA is ok with any qualification. the most important is how u talk and how u preesnt yourself.
are you sure? the last time i went, they insisted on wanting to see my original dip cert even though i already showed them my transcript.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 7:30 pm

ya of cos they wanna see Original.

what i meant was any diploma is okay.. cos i got the impression she is worried that her cert is from SIM
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 9:44 pm

[quote="xmischax"][quote="corines143"]what is your age? you very old meh?

anyway good news there is NO age limitation. my friend is 36 and she is still flying... Cos she grooms herself well and takes good care of her figure and skin.... we have to learn to take care of our ourselve in this industry.[/quote]

no it`s the complete opposite, i`m afraid that i am too young! i am 17, turning 18 in 2007.[/quote]

xmischax

I guess in regards to the age issue, you more or less have an answer to it. But i remember this lady during my water confidence test said:" we want young girls". this sentence is distinctive of certain aspects and requirement they look for in crews.

Nevertheless, you can be 27 28 when u tried but I guess chances are slimmer as reaching the age of 30. The sign of aging is very promiment already. Young girls are also easier and faster learner. (no offence to anyone). Put it this way, it is easier to input stuff and information to young girls as they're all freshie from school.

Anyway, u're still young. You can wait a couple of years b4 u try for that position. Maybe 2 years down the road. You might find something that you really wanna do in life?

NiMk

Post by NiMk » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 9:47 pm

[quote="taurus19"]ryanstarr
why dun u try silkair heard tat e benefit oso not bad[/quote]

ryanstarr,

you'll male? female? Silkair doesn't have male FAs. Don't think Jetstar has too. Tiger will be your best shot ah.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 9:49 pm

cabbage,

You should give it a shot again. Some tried 4 times or even more b4 getting in SIA. I am not being typical but you really have to 'snatch' the kebaya when you enter the room. 'Kiasu'.

As for the jamming of the 3rd round. I mentioned earlier, that the interviewer did question me abt the latest news of SIA. You have to be certain that you 'freaking' want this job so much that you are updated of their latest information and news. In a way it goes to show them that ur eager to join SIA.

You seem to noe abt the new biz class thingy, you should read more abt it. In case!

Go ahead for the next intake. For all you noe. you'll be selected this time round. right?

luck~!

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:07 pm

oh my gosh. snatch the kebayas? why so unprofessional wan? so unfair ley?
so on the kebaya itself how to tell if its a Small OR Medium or Large size?

cos i think i am either SMall or extra Small. how do i tell? does it have a tag size behind athe collar there?

do they indicate like a size 8 or something?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:10 pm

corine.

Yes, that's life. Everyone thinks the way that getting the right kebaya will increase the chance. But u're lucky, no matter what size ur getting is the same.

there's no size, cos it's all custom made. So the size varies..

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:51 pm

corines.

Yeap. So it'll be fine la. DOn't worry abt the uni changin room and misc. You should be more worried abt the questions they might asked and how to answer their questions.

It's nearing to the date of interview, you should be more concern abt what to wear, what to say, how to speak, knowing what they want. The rest are just a clinch, if you master the art of standards that they want.

Cheers

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:58 pm

yep i just want to know those little details as well. i ve been preparing myself for the questions and also my outfit for the day.
just gonna go with the favour of God..

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:30 pm

hmm just wondering...

my friend has 3 O levels but with working experience...is he able to apply and hopefully be selected?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:34 pm

koko77 wrote:
xmischax wrote:
corines143 wrote:what is your age? you very old meh?

anyway good news there is NO age limitation. my friend is 36 and she is still flying... Cos she grooms herself well and takes good care of her figure and skin.... we have to learn to take care of our ourselve in this industry.
no it`s the complete opposite, i`m afraid that i am too young! i am 17, turning 18 in 2007.
xmischax

I guess in regards to the age issue, you more or less have an answer to it. But i remember this lady during my water confidence test said:" we want young girls". this sentence is distinctive of certain aspects and requirement they look for in crews.

Nevertheless, you can be 27 28 when u tried but I guess chances are slimmer as reaching the age of 30. The sign of aging is very promiment already. Young girls are also easier and faster learner. (no offence to anyone). Put it this way, it is easier to input stuff and information to young girls as they're all freshie from school.

Anyway, u're still young. You can wait a couple of years b4 u try for that position. Maybe 2 years down the road. You might find something that you really wanna do in life?
i have always wanted to be an FA since i can remember.. my first ambition and i still hold it dearly. and i`ve experienced working at various places selling different stuff, and serving people is what i found that i really love.

that`s why i`ll try for it but let`s say if i don`t get in, not to jinx myself but there is such a possibility, i know i`ll still continue to try since i`m still young.

thanks koko! :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:36 pm

corines143 wrote:yep i just want to know those little details as well. i ve been preparing myself for the questions and also my outfit for the day.
just gonna go with the favour of God..
same here! i`ve been shopping around for the perfect outfit plus all that homework :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:37 pm

camperboy wrote:hmm just wondering...

my friend has 3 O levels but with working experience...is he able to apply and hopefully be selected?
it`s written that the requirement is to have 5 o levels, your friend can try but i think he`ll be booted out at the door.. just my opinion, i don`t know. :)