Singapore Expats

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:36 pm

ya lor wonder whether to TYPE out the form or just hand-write it is better? i mean we never know whether they are particular abt this sort of thing rite? i just want to appear formal thats all and i just want to be professional.. if only we knew all these little stuff so we will not be pin-point or fail just thru these little things.

anyway hope we get an answer before next week.

wondering whether going on saturday or sunday is better. when are you going?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:31 am

corines143 wrote:ya lor wonder whether to TYPE out the form or just hand-write it is better? i mean we never know whether they are particular abt this sort of thing rite? i just want to appear formal thats all and i just want to be professional.. if only we knew all these little stuff so we will not be pin-point or fail just thru these little things.

anyway hope we get an answer before next week.

wondering whether going on saturday or sunday is better. when are you going?
i wrote it in my best and neatest handwriting! lol

i think we`ll just have to be neat in everything, and that should do i guess?

i`m going for the saturday one, most probably. what about you?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:54 am

yea saturday most probably too. too excited la... cannot wait for sunday. hahaha

i read theres one person who wanted to try for both days. haahhaha so funny lor this person. cos he/she worry they dont make it on 6th so still got chance on the 7th to go 2nd round. hahah

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:56 am

corines143 wrote:yea saturday most probably too. too excited la... cannot wait for sunday. hahaha

i read theres one person who wanted to try for both days. haahhaha so funny lor this person. cos he/she worry they dont make it on 6th so still got chance on the 7th to go 2nd round. hahah
haha i saw her posts too. why so kiasu? i mean like if you can`t make it on sat, i don`t think sun makes such a big difference anyway.. lol

yeaa all that anxiety! lol

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:02 am

oh no .. she meant if she fail on saturday. she wants to try and queue for another round....

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:07 am

Hi,

Seeing that you guys getting excited about this up-coming interview really jealous me. because i cannot go. So sad...

But i would like to find out from you guys why and what are the reasons that make you ppl wanted to fly with SIA? or why will you ppl like to become a FA? What inspired you guys to become?

Thanks.

I will be trying at the end of the year.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:15 am

corines143 wrote:oh no .. she meant if she fail on saturday. she wants to try and queue for another round....
ohh no i meant if she can`t make it to the next round, not that she can`t make it to the interview on that day.. lol

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:15 am

hi Joycee. why u cannot go next week's Interview ?

For me I realise This is my dream Job and that I am really cut out for it. Its my passion to serve ppl . i realised this when i volunteered to help out in the Ushering Ministry in Church. I felt the challenge of meeting ppl and being there for them is what i really wanna do. I've been thinking hard on every kind of job i could ever try out for and when this came up, i had 2nd thoughts at first but something made me investigate more into it and now I KNOW that I know that I really want to be a FA. To be frank, this will be my last and only Job and I am gonna built a career in SIA for myself..

I also enjoy the perks of flying. visiting and experiencing the diff cultures in the diff country i will fly to and meet diff ppl with ppl outlooks of life.
I also will get to live in prestigious hotels and experience and learn from ppl there who also are in the service line.

hope that answers your Question!!

cheers

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:16 am

Joycee wrote:Hi,

Seeing that you guys getting excited about this up-coming interview really jealous me. because i cannot go. So sad...

But i would like to find out from you guys why and what are the reasons that make you ppl wanted to fly with SIA? or why will you ppl like to become a FA? What inspired you guys to become?

Thanks.

hello! add me on msn? [email protected]

how come you can only go at the end of the year? well to work in the aviation field have always been my dream, first ambition since young. and i`ve only flown on SIA and i love it! :)

Mehmehses

Post by Mehmehses » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:26 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:
corines143 wrote:Anti spy

Dont worry.. i wont make such mistakes in the interview but THANKS ALOT for looking out for me. you are such a darling!!!!
I don't want anyone to fail.
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. Been following up on this & really keen to be FS too. Been to a few interviews but not sucessful. Someone mentioned to be prepared for the interview. How to be really prepared, yah? Learn more abt SQ, dress really well, .... Some advised will be great. :D

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 4:03 pm

xmischax wrote:
Joycee wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

hello! add me on msn? [email protected]

how come you can only go at the end of the year? well to work in the aviation field have always been my dream, first ambition since young. and i`ve only flown on SIA and i love it! :)

Hi and thanks for your reply. I can only go at the end of the year because i am still pursuing my degree. I actually went for the interview after my poly but was boot during the second round. Wanna to try again but have to wait for 1/2 a year. I went twice before actually, but it was the same in-take. I actually sent by email to SIA and the email was rebounded, so i thought it did not get through so i sent my post again. So for one in-take i went for 2 interview. If u would like to know more, i can share with u my experience.

My bf's sis is flying with SQ for like 4 - 5 years now, but i was not that close to her so didn't really dare to ask her anything.

Btw, u said it's your dream since young to work in the aviation field. but why aviation? do u like to service others? what are your inspirations behind it?

At first, i think that being a FA and fly with SIA it really feels "glam". But after reading some posts from ppl here, they did talk about many incidents where gossips flys everywhere and it-is-a-most-girl-working-field, and it is very competitive and everything, also i have a friend who just got in, she mention that she felt very lonely when she fly to a foreign land, she eventually cry in her hotel room.

So i would like to find out with all FA-wannabes what makes your guys wanted to become FA. Is there anything to do with the pay?

Thanks

Joycee

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 4:38 pm

hi joyce

actually the interview process takes up time so its good if you can go for it now. cos if u pass they will arrange for you and slot you into any batch that will fly when you are available. you should try whenever you feel the time is right. dont worry so much.

its true that the impression we get from ppl is that SIA gals are glam and well yes normally everyone goes for this job cos its becos of the high pay as well, i do admit that but we still need to work, endure ppl, serve ppl, clean up and tidy up on the plane and be teachable to learn from our seniors. but thats all abt work life rite? which job isnt like that? its just how you see it and your attitude abt it... to me i do all these at home so i might as well do a good job at work... its just differnet esp if u work in the office for so long and theres always alot of paper work to deal with, well this job would be a good exposure and really make life more interesting for you.. or whoever out there. its a different feel altogether.. every job has its pros and cons its just how one sees it and how happy you can get depends on you as well.

yea some ppl feel lonely when they become a FA cos they cant click with ppl so it is important to stoop down to ppl as well. and try to learn as much as you can and dont be sensitive to your colleagues facial expression during the course of work, sometimes alot of things can go on in the minds of us ladies rite? cos we always love to gossipp and this can be a real threat to us when we work on board as we always work with differnet ppl so its better if we smile and be able to work and help each other no matter what as we are one team. we represent SIA .

my friend is lonely and scared too in the hotel always but thats one thing u have to be prepared for. this is an industry where you cannot be shy and you have to mix around, be sociable and not alone. so during our free time we should get together, meet and go out tospend quality time to get to know one another... some few dont do this as they rather be alone and spend their own time with themselves. They love their personal space but if you do that I guess it would be tough to work in SIA cos as a FA, you will always tend to be among ppl where ever you go and if want to be alone by yourself all the time when you travel overseas, you will feel weird and be the odd one out...i guess even if you are forcing yourself to try to mingle with ppl, its like see how long you can take it... and when you reached your peak, you will just quit cos you had enough.

Lastly, i think one has to be really committed to service & the job you pick for yourself..Esp standing long hours, Smiling and enduring ppl who can be Unreasonable and we have to be professional at ALL times. if you feel u cant then maybe it isnt the CAREER you want to build. it might just be something that helps you pass time for some years.. But for me I know that it is my Career as it is my passion so thats why I have chosen the best to work with and to learn from.

hope you find yourself one day...

cheers...............

valeriewjm

Post by valeriewjm » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:41 pm

Hi, I am new here.

I went for the cabin crew recruitment held in sp on 29th Nov and proceed to the second interview on 18th Dec. Now I am waiting for my kebaya fitting on 6th Jan at Swisshotel. I have read most of the threads here and roughly know the pros and cons of this job. They really helped me understand more about this job and be mentally prepared.

Being a FA is a dream for me and I am eager to take up this challenge no matter how difficult it can be. Wish me luck.

By the way, anyone is also going for the 3rd round of interview on 6th Jan from sp as well? :D

ladybird_23

Post by ladybird_23 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 7:26 pm

corines143 wrote:ladybird, your scenario is confusing. hehehe

Maybe ANTISPY can advse you .. she seems like a PRo you know... haha
yah.. badly need help! AntiSpy??? R u here? haha.. anyone here havin prob with the kebaya fitting?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 7:32 pm

antispy - can you help us out here? how does the kebaya fitting go? if we are to run to get our kebayas.. how are we supp to get that fits us perfectly? i tot they would look at us and give us one that fit us the best?

cheers