Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:42 am

ohh one more thing, do you know of any age limitations?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:53 am

what is your age? you very old meh?

anyway good news there is NO age limitation. my friend is 36 and she is still flying... Cos she grooms herself well and takes good care of her figure and skin.... we have to learn to take care of our ourselve in this industry.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:54 am

corines143 wrote:what is your age? you very old meh?

anyway good news there is NO age limitation. my friend is 36 and she is still flying... Cos she grooms herself well and takes good care of her figure and skin.... we have to learn to take care of our ourselve in this industry.
no it`s the complete opposite, i`m afraid that i am too young! i am 17, turning 18 in 2007.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:56 am

actually AGE is not a matter.. its how you present yourself..

if you look mature.. you should try to look mature since you are so young so put on some thick makeup that looks nice and natural.. light makeup.. not those dark ones hahaha.

i am sure you will go thru..
wanna chat thru msn?

give me your msn email addy

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:58 am

corines143 wrote:actually AGE is not a matter.. its how you present yourself..

if you look mature.. you should try to look mature since you are so young so put on some thick makeup that looks nice and natural.. light makeup.. not those dark ones hahaha.

wanna chat thru msn?

ohh i don`t think i look my age, most people think i`m 18 or 19.

yeaa no prob. [email protected] add me!

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:52 am

koko77 wrote:xmischax

You have to.. You noe hundred and thousands of people been wanting and some dying for this job. You have to stand out from the crowd, as in intellectually. You were talking abt the weight loss? I mean if u're not that serious it's fine.Make sure u whack ur way into the 2nd round and choose the most body flattering kebaya you can find. Wearing loose kebaya will only slim ur chance.

During my interview for the 3rd round, I was asked abt the latest news of SIA for the past one week. Ok, honestly own up if you don't know. Don't sneak ur way thru. So i suggest that, you read more newspaper, articles, aviations.

This is what I went thru and I did alot of hmwork, and my effort paid off. I got in the 1st try.

I hope my advices and information can help you and the rest. Stay focused~!

.....weeeeeeee

Yeah, Koko. Agree to what you've said. I managed to find a body-hugging kebaya during my 1st try & I got thru but got jammed at the 3rd round of interview. When I went for my 2nd try, didnt managed to find a suitable kebaya & I flunk. :( Wondering if I should try it out again.

By the way, anybody cares to update on the latest news on SIA? The last I heard bout was the new business & first class that they launched.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:00 pm

Hi,
Anyone out there can shed light on Tiger Airways recruitment? I'm interested in joining their stable of flight attendants. :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

jentay11

Post by jentay11 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 4:30 pm

xmischax wrote:
corines143 wrote:actually AGE is not a matter.. its how you present yourself..

wanna chat thru msn?

ohh i don`t think i look my age, most people think i`m 18 or 19.

yeaa no prob. [email protected] add me!
hey dun worry about your age cos i have friend who is only 18 and she actually got into sia upon her first attempt. She joins sia straight after her a level, forgoing a place to study in university. Luckily, she is enjoying what she is doing now. No regrets on her part.

Thus, just go ahead and pursue your dreams. Life is short yea.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 4:49 pm

corines143
may i kw how old are you? is it true tat there is no age limit. :P
am planning to go for my o level nx year den follow by SIM dip. Is SIM dip recgonise @ SIA? i have only N level and that was so lng ago (5 years) :lol: and did you finally wen thru ?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 4:52 pm

how come you only got N levels? and what do u mean that was 5yrs ago? how old r you now?

SIA is ok with any qualification. the most important is how u talk and how u preesnt yourself.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:05 pm

corines143
:oops: " i mean i have leave school for many years let said about 7 years :lol: . Recently i have jz finish m cert of business fr PSB and i tried used that for SIM enrolment but the staff over ther said that i must have at least an O level if not i have to restart their Fountation cos for full time 6 mth. And for current i am still wking full time as admin..

And no choice i got to study private for this time and save as much $$ as i can and quit the job to concentrate O's level and i know it is not easy to study for that...
Last edited by taurus19 on Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:10 pm

am i good and able to carry myself oso another big question for me. i may not be very outstanding or outspoken or @ my grooming part bt i am willing to make a change..

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:15 pm

how do find yourself now?
any photo? i am not a professional but I do very well know what is acceptable to SIA.

are u attached?
that is one way to find out i guess. hehe

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:22 pm

corines143
:P for now i definately dun look abv the standard yeh.. hehe" nd to do some tink for my appearance. ya current am attached. of cos if u dun mind i cn show u my recent pic. bt hor i dun kw hw to show u m pic over here.. heheheh

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 5:25 pm

ryanstarr wrote:Hi,
Anyone out there can shed light on Tiger Airways recruitment? I'm interested in joining their stable of flight attendants. :)

http://www.tigerairways.com/about/careers.php#fcc359

Seems they keep your application on a list.