Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:51 am

My advice is to watch what you say during ur interview. Think carefully and It would be better if you can memorise the script and make it sound so natural. When approaching the kebaya test, some says they're looking for good figure and etc. In my personal opinion. It's abt the X factor that u protray and posture to pull off that uniform.

Apart from aesthetic, intellectuality is something that you need to possess.
It's not the right answer the're looking for. It's the way of handling situations they wan to see in you. Crews need to work in fast pace momentum onboard and you need to have the right attitude and quick reaction in order to fulfil the job requirement.

As for the height that many of you are worried abt. Sometimes It can be pure luck. Well, do the stretching as often as you can. In no time, you will notice a slight plus in ur height.

I can be just giving my opinion, but in reality. IF you want this job badly. YOU should understand what I'm trying to say. There's only a 50/50 chance. Either you make it or you break it!

I hope my views and advices can help.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 1:15 am

koko77 wrote:My advice is to watch what you say during ur interview. Think carefully and It would be better if you can memorise the script and make it sound so natural. When approaching the kebaya test, some says they're looking for good figure and etc. In my personal opinion. It's abt the X factor that u protray and posture to pull off that uniform.

Apart from aesthetic, intellectuality is something that you need to possess.
It's not the right answer the're looking for. It's the way of handling situations they wan to see in you. Crews need to work in fast pace momentum onboard and you need to have the right attitude and quick reaction in order to fulfil the job requirement.

As for the height that many of you are worried abt. Sometimes It can be pure luck. Well, do the stretching as often as you can. In no time, you will notice a slight plus in ur height.

I can be just giving my opinion, but in reality. IF you want this job badly. YOU should understand what I'm trying to say. There's only a 50/50 chance. Either you make it or you break it!

I hope my views and advices can help.
i understand what you`re saying! thanks a lot, i saw your previous posts and it`s a great help when it comes to preparation. better be prepared than caught unaware, right? :)

i`ve spoken to a senior officer from SIA just last week, and he told me that it`s very important to smile, be confident, show that you really want the job and be prepared to answer all sorts of questions, be it personal or about the airline or about the job itself.

and then i guess it`s up to them if you fit the bill. but i think on our part, just do our best and hope for the best.

if i lose enough weight by the interview date, then i`ll go. that`s because i want to be confident and sure of myself, if not how am i going to make others believe that i am when i don`t even feel it myself, right?

good luck to everyone trying out! :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:40 am

what should you wear or what did you wear for the interview? any points to take note of when it comes to dressing? thanks!

Jia

Post by Jia » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 9:01 am

I'm going on the second day interview. Who's going on the second day?

A lof of ppl will be in formal wear. Your best bet - just like for any interview.

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:07 am

I wanna go give it another shot too. desijoey, I'm in similar situation as you are. I've been measured short of either 0.5cm or 1cm. Shall we go together or something? I can only make it on 6 Jan though. :) Anyone else wanna go together?

missmyhivy

Post by missmyhivy » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:38 pm

koko77 wrote:missmyhivy.....

ur training on the 25th as well.. So I think we're in the same batch. You received ur contract?
koko77...
got no access to email,sorry for the late response... :roll: they adv me to sign the contract at the beginning of jan...assume it's still not yet fixed? oh no....have you got urs?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 1:34 pm

Ms G wrote:I wanna go give it another shot too. desijoey, I'm in similar situation as you are. I've been measured short of either 0.5cm or 1cm. Shall we go together or something? I can only make it on 6 Jan though. :) Anyone else wanna go together?
i`m intending to go on the 6th too, that is if i lose enough weight by then. lol maybe we can exchange contacts or something? :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 1:35 pm

Jia wrote:I'm going on the second day interview. Who's going on the second day?

A lof of ppl will be in formal wear. Your best bet - just like for any interview.
formal as in really formal like blazer and all or smart casual?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:39 pm

hi there

no need blazer.. as long as you are in Formal light colors will do. make sure you got some make up on and also hair is neat whether you put down or tie up is another thing. you must appear NEAT and keep smiling no matter what..
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:52 pm

xmischax wrote:
Ms G wrote:I wanna go give it another shot too. desijoey, I'm in similar situation as you are. I've been measured short of either 0.5cm or 1cm. Shall we go together or something? I can only make it on 6 Jan though. :) Anyone else wanna go together?
i`m intending to go on the 6th too, that is if i lose enough weight by then. lol maybe we can exchange contacts or something? :)
Oh dear I can only make it on the 7th coz I'm working on the 6th. :(

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:52 pm

corines143 wrote:hi there

no need blazer.. as long as you are in Formal light colors will do. make sure you got some make up on and also hair is neat whether you put down or tie up is another thing. you must appear NEAT and keep smiling no matter what..
ohh! i was intending to wear dark colours! lol

mmm maybe light colours will be a better choice..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:54 pm

desijoey wrote:
xmischax wrote:
i don`t know my roster for next week yet, but i bet i`ll be working on both days so i`ll just take one day off or something.. anyone wanna exchange contacts? :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 3:35 pm

is this your first time?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 3:49 pm

corines143 wrote:is this your first time?
yeahh, is it your first?

Jia

Post by Jia » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 8:11 pm

desijoey wrote:
xmischax wrote:
Count me in on the 7th, Desijoey.

PM me.