Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kenndance

Post by kenndance » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 5:24 pm

oh thanks!....sounds good to me...is it the same for SIA??

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 8:11 pm

it's the SIA deed of covenant.
so hope it helps!

kenndance

Post by kenndance » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:41 pm

yay! thanks..... :D

reef

Post by reef » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 3:26 pm

shrapnel wrote:thanks a whole lot for the info..now i'm much more familiar with the route to stc..

as for the deed of covenant,it's 5 yrs bond but you can quit after working for 2 yrs.right after you decide to continue after the first two years you have to serve till the 5th yrs or else u'll have to pay demand of sum -$13800 as compensation for SIA if you were to quit during the 3rd or 4th yr.
Hi Shrapnel,

I think you might have misinterpret the deed. The contract offer to you is 5 years. Of which, 4 mths training + additional 18 months flying are bonded.

If you were to quit within the bond period, you will pay the compensation on a pro rated basis basis of $13 200..not $13 800.

Should you decide to quit anytime after the bond period, you just need to give a 1 week notice and no compensation required.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 7:27 am

hi! i have several questions here.

1) when they say "Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply", what do they mean by relevant working experience? will one year of customer service experience be considered enough?

2) is there a age range for stewardesses they recruit?

3) i`ve gained weight during my hospitalisation recently, but i am in the process of losing weight now. i`m afraid they will consider me too fat for the position, any idea their standard for proportionate?

4) if i happen to make it through interviews, approximately how long will all the interviews take? more than a month?

thanks a lot! i appreciate any/all responses! :D

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 3:11 pm

xmischax wrote:hi! i have several questions here.

1) when they say "Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply", what do they mean by relevant working experience? will one year of customer service experience be considered enough?
It depends.

xmischax wrote:2) is there a age range for stewardesses they recruit?
As long as you look young and beautiful.

xmischax wrote:3) i`ve gained weight during my hospitalisation recently, but i am in the process of losing weight now. i`m afraid they will consider me too fat for the position, any idea their standard for proportionate?
Is that avartar your photo? If yes, then please cut down on your diet and reduce your weight. Your photo indicates that you are plump. Sorry, but i need to speak the truth. Don't feel sad, go reduce weight before going for the interview. :-)

xmischax wrote:4) if i happen to make it through interviews, approximately how long will all the interviews take? more than a month?

thanks a lot! i appreciate any/all responses! :D
No. Less than that unless they have something to delay your interview rounds. But so far, no. Take less than 2 weeks for you to get through all the rounds.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 4:51 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:
xmischax wrote:3) i`ve gained weight during my hospitalisation recently, but i am in the process of losing weight now. i`m afraid they will consider me too fat for the position, any idea their standard for proportionate?
Is that avartar your photo? If yes, then please cut down on your diet and reduce your weight. Your photo indicates that you are plump. Sorry, but i need to speak the truth. Don't feel sad, go reduce weight before going for the interview. :-)
yeah that is my photo, a little while after my hospitalisation. i have lost weight since and i took a new photo just now, but i am encountering problems uploading it so maybe you wanna take a look again when it`s up?

ohh and don`t apologize, you`re only speaking the truth and that`s what i need, honest response so i know where i stand!

thanks! :)

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 9:00 pm

Hi!I'm thinking of trying again for the upcoming walk-in but am apprehensive.For 1,I got booted the last time due to a 1cm shortage in my height.I'm afraid it'll be a hindrance for me again.I really am in a dilemma.I would like to try this industry out and everyone supports me but I dunno if I should.Any advise?Thanks heaps!:)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 9:03 pm

how long ago was your last try? maybe you`ve grown by now? :D

i wanna try out too, but then i`ll have to lose weight first, lol. the last time i was measured, i was 1.59m, can make it? i don`t know!

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:51 pm

hey gals.

just go try it out. dont worry so much. everyone has got their weakness. wear abir of heels to "look" tall. and who knows they might let you thru. i mean i know there is a requirement but sometimes things are based on luck.

so just wishing u all the very best and dont worry, just do it!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:15 pm

hey girls out there. trick to stay tall for the day... Stretch.

The interview are usually held in the morning. So the minute you get out of ur bed. Stand against the wall and make sure ur shoulder touches the wall. Keep ur torso as straight as position, hold it for 10mins. It can help in extending the spinal cord a little and keeps you tall for the day. If you do it consistantly, not only you will notice a slight increase in height. it can be just 1 cm. but 1cm is good enough for those who are 157cm isn't it? It also help in keeping ur posture straight. Which is also something SIA looked for during the kebaya test.

Good luck.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:54 pm

hey thanks for that TIP>

by the way what is TORSO?

i always hutch i notice but thanks to yoiur advise i will keep a lookout for myself on walking striaght and maintaining a straight body.

cheers

merry xmas everyonee
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:10 am

Hi

Torso means ur body, upper body. I does that most of the time, althou my height is fine. But I do that to maintain a good posture and to avoid hunching in the near future. So, weeks before you go for the walk in, you should prepare urself for several aspects that can affect ur chances .

There are also other things that you should watch, not jsut the height.

Good luck..

Cheers

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:17 am

corines143 wrote:hey thanks for that TIP>

by the way what is TORSO?

i always hutch i notice but thanks to yoiur advise i will keep a lookout for myself on walking striaght and maintaining a straight body.

cheers

merry xmas everyonee
the torso is the trunk of your body, excluding your limbs and head. :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:39 am

anybody trying out for the january07 interview? :D