Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sunkissed

age limit.

Post by sunkissed » Sat, 23 Dec 2006 8:23 pm

hi ppl! i was just wondering if there's an age limit for eye surgery? cause i'm still pretty young. about 17 this year.
would i need my parents to be there? even if i'm 18 next year. but it's not my birthday yet?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:03 pm

hi,

it is not recommended to do eyelid surgery for gals till after 18.. this is becoz you are still growing and even with cutting, ur eyelid may disappear within 3 months or 3 years.. thou some doc may not tell u this but some doctors with more professionalism does..

whether u need cert of parent approval or accompany by parents for operation will de[end on the country u are doing ur eyelid
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 2:15 am

get healing nicely ok.[/quote]

i get quite alot bleeding on 1st day but its nt pain la... jus got blood drip down from nose lo... so its best to lie on pillow at high angle so that blood wun keep dripping.. now no blood dripping

the bruise nw stil gt but better. 1st 2 days my eyes are like watery n tears will come out lo. and my cheeks are so puffy on first few days. now my nose looks swelled n tip looks abit red... guess i have to wait for the swelling to go down ba

i have been eating fish porridge for these days so i guess its fine ba

hey i wan to ask u abt jaw augmentation can ?[/quote]

danny, already answered.
whats make ur noise like watery? is causes by its pain?

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 2:21 am

tanjhj wrote:Ginseng & Tian Qi
(80 capsules)

This excellent herbal formula is traditionally used by adults to stimulate blood circulation and to break up blood stagnation and clogging.

Yesh those injury incurred from PS can be healed faster..

It promotes healing of injured blood vessels, dispels heat and reduces swellings in cases of trauma or sport injuries.

yesh many have trauma and swelling after PS

Each capsule contains 375mg of the extract comprising Panax Quinquefolius (American Ginseng), 50% and Panax Notoginseng (Tian Qi), 50%.

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE
2 capsules to be taken twice daily after food.

My suggestion is that to ask the chinese medical hall for a potent mix of tian qi with other herbs for best result.. as for pineapple, can ask the medical hall personel if it is ok to consume the herbs with pineapple, the most impt is the herbs doesnt mixed with pineapple to produce toxic or chemical that are not god for healing..

http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.c ... 0/file.htm

Functions:
Invigorates the Blood, Stops Bleeding, Alleviates Pain, Relieves Chest Oppression and Pain

Indications:
Internal and external bleeding, bruises, swelling, and pain from traumatic injury including falls, sprains, fractures, contusions. Chest, abdominal or joint pain due to blood stasis. Used recently in treatment of angina. Recent research also shows Tienchi/Radix Notoginseng to have immune enhancing properties similar to Ginseng. Raw Tienchi stops bleeding more than steamed Tienchi and is more suitable for traumatic injury and pain.

Standard Dosage:
2 capsules daily.

Ingredients:
Panax notoginseng root. - Tian san qi.

Cautions & Contraindications:
Use with caution during pregnancy.

Panax notoginseng is a Chinese herb often known by its common name, Tian San Qi or Tienchi ginseng. Tian San Qi ginseng has been used in China for centuries and was used during the war by American pilots to stop bleeding.

According to a group of scientists at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology who recently published a paper on identifying the DNA of Notoginseng, most of the plants that belong to the well-known Panax species are similar in appearance and chemical composition. Among these however, ''the root of Panax Notoginseng (San Qi) is a unique herb that has distinct clinical usage.''

Research is showing that Notoginseng exerts a number of beneficial effects on several physiological functions, including the nervous, immune, and cardiovascular systems. It is widely used in Asia for angina, to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides, and to expand coronary arteries in order to promote blood circulation and prevent blood clots.

According to Ron Teeguarden, master herbalist and author of Radiant Health: The Ancient Wisdom of the Chinese Tonic Herbs (Warner Books, 1998), Notoginseng is also considered one of the most powerful blood tonics known to man. It is used in Chinese medicine to assist coagulation of the blood, stop bleeding, and to dilate the coronary artery and increase coronary blood flow, thus providing more blood to the heart muscle. The herb also reduces cardiac load, lowers arterial pressure, and improves micro-circulation in and around damaged heart tissue.

The Notoginseng plant looks similar to Siberian Ginseng, and contains twelve saponins (phytochemicals) that are similar to the active ingredients in Panax Ginseng. Notoginseng is actually richer in active constituents than either Panax or American Ginseng, and it also contains immune stimulating polysacchaarides.

In an in-vitro experiment, scientists at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University also found that one of Notoginseng's active ingredients-ginsenosides Rg1-is a potent phytoestrogen, exerting the protective actions of estrogen. Ginsenosides have demonstrated pharmacological effects in the central nervous, cardiovascular, and endocrine systems.

Notoginseng has been found to clinically relieve chest pain associated with angina. Angina typically results from a spasm in the wall of the coronary artery that momentarily constricts the artery and cuts off the heart's blood supply. In a clinical study that reportedly took place at Wu-Han Medical College (now called Tongji Medical University) in Shanghai, China, 15 out of 16 patients with angina who were given Notoginseng experienced significant relief.7

Animal studies also suggest that Notoginseng can dilate coronary arteries and be used as an anti-anginal agent.

Notoginseng is recognized as a potent antioxidant, which is one of the reasons it can counteract the free radical damage associated with cardiovascular disease-and really reverse the damage that has already been done-while offering protection from future problems. It also strengthens resistance to illness and acts as an anti-inflammatory, even reducing the growth of some cancers. An in-vitro study also indicates that it can even regenerate axons and dendrites in neurons, that can compensate for and repair damaged neuronal networks in the dementia brain.

Tian San Qi ginseng is thought to have the following actions;
1. It is believed to stop haemorrhaging or blood loss. Traditional Chinese medicine regards this herb as a very safe anti-haemorrhagic agent because it can stop bleeding without causing ''congealed'' blood. Some studies have verified this herb as effective in shortening coagulation time, reducing the effects of shock from severe blood loss while somehow preventing platelets from clumping.

2. Tian San Qi ginseng has been used to relieve the symptoms of nosebleed, trauma, capillary fragility and bleeding associated with idiopathic thrombocytopaenia (ITP). This herb is also traditionally prescribed for excessive menstrual bleeding, or menorrhagia.

3. Panax notoginseng also has been investigated as a possible treatment for cardiovascular disorders and has been shown to relieve the symptoms of angina pectoris and also reduces high blood pressure. It may also lower serum cholesterol levels. In other research it was shown to increase cerebral circulation in rats and rabbits and improve memory in mice.

- Panax notoginseng may interact with anti-hypertensive drugs, particularly of the calcium channel blocking class.
- Panax notoginseng has been shown experimentally to affect platelet function. This may cause it to interact with blood thinning medications such as aspirin and other NSAIDs
- People on anticoagulant medications should use Panax notoginseng only under the supervision of their health care practitioner.
Woa, I think I should have this one too.
I was wondering if its product also act as Blood Thinner? is it Tanjhj?
Cause ,as u know, we should not to get vitamins or remedies for post-op that act as blood thinner.
somekind product that contain advil, alleve, aspirin, vit E, fish oil, ginseng, ginko biloba, garlic - all no-nos for two weeks post op. its all properties could thin the blood,... only of its anti-inflammatory properties.

For chinese remedies, I already got the almond powder stuff. thanks for the info! also buy 'ba bao dan' (?spell) shin ze said it goods for promotoes healig n reduce swelling after surgery too.
ugh all of these Healing stuff is kinda make me so high maintenance person ,this days LOL.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 1:44 pm

Tian Qi should not be a blood thinner as it is used to stop bleeding. the properties of tian qi should be special.
i dun think it is like gingko bilboa which does thin blood..

it should not be a problem since ppl has been taking for healing since the past. especially for those that have internal injury..

however it is always safer to ask the sinseh or medical hall person if the herbs u take "clash" with one another before consuming..
Golden Rules of PS:

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Post by rainbow5 » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 2:32 pm

cupid n starz,

all the best for your PS trip to taiwan. Would you be doing double eyelids with doc Chuang? Via the korean mini-incision mtd or full cutting mtd?

The taiwanese used 矽膠貼 (brand called: 美皮豐) to paste on the sacr after they removed stitches so as to make the scar heal nice & not to have any scar after revocery. Can get this at chinese medical halls in taiwan.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 4:22 pm

rainbow5 wrote:cupid n starz,

all the best for your PS trip to taiwan. Would you be doing double eyelids with doc Chuang? Via the korean mini-incision mtd or full cutting mtd?

The taiwanese used 矽膠貼 (brand called: 美皮豐) to paste on the sacr after they removed stitches so as to make the scar heal nice & not to have any scar after revocery. Can get this at chinese medical halls in taiwan.
http://www.tendra.com/item.asp?id=572&pid=558&si=3

http://www.thejamushop.com/silicon_shee ... eloids.htm

heard abt it alot in the taiwan forum..thanks, it is nice to know the brand name. they use them on kai yan toh to prevent scaring and work pretty well so far from their feedbacks in the forum. another anti scarring cream they used often is a cream that has vitamins C or E as it main ingredient combine with other minerals.

We not vitamins E is not good to take during surgery , however it is one of the best healer for our skin. i know that Aloe veria is good for skin healing..however it is better if avoid them during the wound recovery..
http://www.thejamushop.com/aloe_vera_repair_gel.htm

few days after the stitch removal, you than consider to take Vitamins E and other herbs and food to help in scar recovery..

the tape which rainbow4 mentioned may be available in spore too but maybe more expensive and of different brand and form..
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 4:30 pm

tanjhj wrote:Tian Qi should not be a blood thinner as it is used to stop bleeding. the properties of tian qi should be special.
i dun think it is like gingko bilboa which does thin blood..

it should not be a problem since ppl has been taking for healing since the past. especially for those that have internal injury..

however it is always safer to ask the sinseh or medical hall person if the herbs u take "clash" with one another before consuming..
Oh, it is Tanjhj? Actually my grandma also suggest tian qi is good for healing surgery. An i already ask the shin ze ,and he said If I should give it a break/interval time with other remedies at least half hour.

Hm,.... But it doesnt contains gingko too right? So is it ok to taken it right after the post op?
DO you ever heard bout the "fart" thing? if we should get fart first before eating or drinking right after getting surgery?

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 4:34 pm

Ughh, Thanks Rainbow!! OH God,... Its just 2 Days again
I reach in dr.Chuang's clinic at 11:00am, begin operate in afternoon till night . He said it will be take time about 6~8 Hours. I would be fully influenced under GA n drugs.
I am sooo nervous that I was nauseous all day until the Anesthesiologist called me last time and told me it was ok to take a Valium LOL.
I will be having 8 procedures.Its 2 major surgery(brow bossing augmentation n rhinoplasty) .PRAY for me you guys that everything goes well and I finaly get the result I want once and for all! :-|

for scars, could you write it in english words?cos i cant read chinese words. Is it really great for scars? scar paste is like silicone gel to heal scars,is that what u mean?
if that so, I 'd been bought it at watson. brand is Dermatix silicone gel. I'd used it before in my previous surgery but I think it dont working much on me. I was more suitable with the silicone sheet one.

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 4:44 pm

tanjhj wrote:

http://www.tendra.com/item.asp?id=572&pid=558&si=3

http://www.thejamushop.com/silicon_shee ... eloids.htm

heard abt it alot in the taiwan forum..thanks, it is nice to know the brand name. they use them on kai yan toh to prevent scaring and work pretty well so far from their feedbacks in the forum. another anti scarring cream they used often is a cream that has vitamins C or E as it main ingredient combine with other minerals.

We not vitamins E is not good to take during surgery , however it is one of the best healer for our skin. i know that Aloe veria is good for skin healing.. few days after the stitch removal, you can actually take Vitamins E and other minreals to help in scar recovery..

the tape which rainbow4 mentioned may be available in spore too but maybe more expensive and of different brand and form..
Oh yes! just forgot,an active Vitamin C cream very GREAT for scar healing. Vitamin C + chitosan !its magial stuff to refined the scars.
the problem is , PLease, let me know, if u know brand name product which have great quality n price?! >_<
I was not good with vit E. coz my skin was too easy to produce keloid ( over collagen).

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 5:00 pm

lol i never heard abt the "fart" thing, maybe u can tell us more..

Wow i am amazed u did so many procedures with dr chuang, u must have trusted in him alot. yupz we need to trust the doctor we choose after filtering down from many other doctors.

as ur surgery is pretty intense and major, i does hope u can consider tian qi.. good luck and do cont'd update us of ur progress.. btw, what surgery did u do? i think u going to look way different from ur previous looks siah.. envy you can have a brand new life... :D

PS: the brow bossing procedure is to allow u have a high bridge nose or it is for ur eyes? u mind tell me ur age range?
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 5:03 pm

vitamins c cream is great that even dr su gave them to her clients after their eye surgery to help in healing.. maybe thats why her clients usually dun have much problem and have fast recovery.. as for chitosan, no very sure leh. i always thought chitosan is for fat absorption..
Golden Rules of PS:

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Post by rainbow5 » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 5:55 pm

cupid n starz,

dun be nervous, have confidence in Dr Chuang as he is the doc u choose.

The 矽膠片 I have no idea what it is called in English. Maybe u can write in down in chinese & show it to the medical halls in Taiwan. Its available at major medical halls.

I have been reading thr the taiwan forums & there's alot of info there. 1 of the girls used it after caesarian birth & was amazed that her wound healed very well with no scar & so she used it after her double eyelid surgery. Similiarly, her eyes healed well with no scar at all. After reading her post, another girl also used it after the eyelid surgery & also healed well with no scar! So I supposed it really helped?

So if u are having eyelid surgery, its a must that you have it. 1-2 days after removing stitches, paste it on her wound before u go to bed & removed it in the morning. It can be re-used till it no longer sticks. Paste it for ard 1 mth.

Good Luck & do share with us your experience.

btw, how much r u paying in total for the surgery? Do you know how much Dr chuang charge for double eyelid?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 6:36 pm

what rainbow 5 is as instructed in the link i provided above. there is many brand of this type of tape but most of them is of same ingredients and functions. u can get any brand as long it is of the same type..

Dr su did say that Vitamins c is better for the 1st month or till the scar is fused properly before switching to the tape later on.

yesh i am pretty lucky to managed dig up this thread which i was toking about tapes and creams

but it is in chinese thou

http://www.dr-su.com/board.asp?sn=1062
Golden Rules of PS:

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 7:23 pm

tanjhj wrote:lol i never heard abt the "fart" thing, maybe u can tell us more..

Wow i am amazed u did so many procedures with dr chuang, u must have trusted in him alot. yupz we need to trust the doctor we choose after filtering down from many other doctors.

as ur surgery is pretty intense and major, i does hope u can consider tian qi.. good luck and do cont'd update us of ur progress.. btw, what surgery did u do? i think u going to look way different from ur previous looks siah.. envy you can have a brand new life... :D
bout fart, I dont even know clearly why it should be,actually I was heard from my grandma . and from some people health, so the shin ze.
but I heard its related with the anasthesi flushed. if you eat immidiately after surgery and dont wait till u getting 'fart' ,all u eat and drink will b throw out again. And yes, based on my experienced, I ever force eat without waiting farting, and ,... I just messed up everything. ouch...

Thanks Tanjhj, Actually it takes long time before I decided myself to going my surgery with him. its though, and yes, I had feel comfort with him to do my surgery.
its all left just my human nature to get so dam* nervous!

Yeah I'd like to bought the tian qi since many people also recomend this. thanks tanjhj!

what surgery I'm going to, I will having with Dr.Chuang. i arrived at Taiwan at Dec,26 till Jan,7 :
forhead-brow implantation with goretex ,
open rhino,
double eyelid+lateral canthopexy,
cheek porex augmentation,
chin porex augmentation + dermal graft,
paranasal(nasal base) augmentation with goretex +dermal graft,
liposuction for face over face,
dimple smile .

actually, the first time I see the sample picture in Dr.Chuang webstie, I told him. to be honest I wast straight with him, and said I thought the work on his porevious patients looked to subtle for me.

I felt I could be very honest n open with him. I never entered plastic surgery to obtain a subtle change. I told Him wanted to re-create my face and over the last year and a half a major surgery have done that. I dont recognised myself from even 2 years ago and this is what I wanted.
My other concern just is will I look too fake., I know in Thailand or taiwan or korea, PS is normal, but here in another east cost, it still met with lot or critism, especially if your a young 25 years old male, its just not seen as normal. theres no way I can admit too, moreover its related close with my job.

Also, before-after I share about my procedures on this forum,
With all due to respect, I'd like to attention all people whos read on this PLASTIC SURGERY forum,if I knew in my case, it may make umcomfort for some people.
I've seen lots of pro and contra here,
Then again, this forum encouraged free speech and opinion.so please, I need ur support remembering I was trying to share on this forum for plastic surgery.not prosecuted, tried & fried for talking about my surgery. I think it shoud be a SUPPORT forum for plastic surgery, right? :D