Singapore Expats

entre pass for dependant pass holders

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
kazuki

entre pass for dependant pass holders

Post by kazuki » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 6:12 pm

What sort of business are dependant pass holders allowed to do? I read that they can do things that are entrepreneural in nature!!!!
not sure what comes under this: a play school/creche? a small low budget hotel? Or just a little store that sells items that are home made???
Again I heard that many entrepass applications are rejected if their talent is already available in SG...
Any ideas?????

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:51 am

How about a punctuation removal service?????? I think it's sorely needed in Singapore!!!!!!!

adjusts tie, smooths back hair, folds hands on table and tries to look serious

Whether you get your EntrePass depends on your business plan. You need to prove that you've got an idea that is new and will make money -- none of the ones you suggest seem very suitable, at least in that form. (Why should somebody go to your playschool, or hotel, or shop, as opposed to somebody else's?)
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: entre pass for dependant pass holders

Post by ksl » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 2:16 pm

kazuki wrote:What sort of business are dependant pass holders allowed to do? I read that they can do things that are entrepreneural in nature!!!!
not sure what comes under this: a play school/creche? a small low budget hotel? Or just a little store that sells items that are home made???
Again I heard that many entrepass applications are rejected if their talent is already available in SG...
Any ideas?????
I wouldn't even think of it, until you get your dependant pass! it is then much easier, becuase, they are aware, that you are a dependant, so the self employment pass is much easier to obtain, so MOM informed me, however I was freelancing outside of singapore, and needed to register wit Acra, only if staying over the 6 month limit in Singapore.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: entre pass for dependant pass holders

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 9:20 pm

kazuki wrote:What sort of business are dependant pass holders allowed to do? I read that they can do things that are entrepreneural in nature!!!!
Any ideas?????
Just be aware that if you are trying to start a business that the average Singaporean could do then you probably won't be approved. Exceptions: you've got capital to invest and/or a biz plan that shows you hiring Singaporeans.