Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 3:47 pm

Puppy wrote:
Plavt wrote:
I have never been crew and nowadays wouldn't want to be but I am interested in your saying you have something that might interest me.
Hi Plavt,

Can I know why you wouldn't want to be a crew nowadays? :o
Hi Puppy,
Thank you for the question, the answer is quite simple. Air travel has become much cheaper since I was at school and in consequence it more people are traveling with each year that passes. The result is you and any many others in the airline are confronted with a huge cross-section of people; rich, poor, honest or criminal. A big problem I find with people both in my job experience and when watching airline programs amongst others is people are these days very impatient and don't understand the problems airlines sometimes have not to mention their own selfishness.

A good example which everybody knows is 911 which resulted in aircraft along with their respective crews being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Here's a response from a passenger affected by the problems at Heathrow: 'what goes on in America is nothing to do with the UK'. A common 'bellyache' seen on the program 'Airline' is of passengers arriving after check-in has closed whence they become rude and abusive towards the staff. In the UK and the surrounding countries airports are sometimes closed due to fog or snow yet passengers still seem to think they have a divine right to get their flights on the alloted day and again start giving the staff grief. These are just a few examples no doubt I could find plenty more if I tried, you have a challenging career ahead.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 4:53 pm

Plavt wrote:
will find at one time Singapore Airlines was part of British Airways.
For all posters, I have apparently been mislead by an off-the- cuff statement. My informant meant that the airlines ticketing and reservations systems were administered in the UK before the formation of SIA as an independent company.

This is an example of being given misleading information

first choice

Post by first choice » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 5:43 pm

Plavt wrote:
Plavt wrote:
will find at one time Singapore Airlines was part of British Airways.
For all posters, I have apparently been mislead by an off-the- cuff statement. My informant meant that the airlines ticketing and reservations systems were administered in the UK before the formation of SIA as an independent company.

This is an example of being given misleading information
There, what's the point in telling people this stuff since it's not relevant? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Show me and I will forget. Tell me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 5:50 pm

first choice wrote:
There, what's the point in telling people this stuff since it's not relevant? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Had you joined this forum earlier you would know by now that one thing that really bores the cabin crew interviewers is how little interest prospective applicants have in the company. More than once posters who have attended the interview have mentioned they were asked about the airline's history so what I posted above is relevant.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 3:29 pm

anti_spy999 and First Choice,
You are both indulging in personal vendettas which contravene site policy if you persist your accounts will be locked.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 5:10 pm

Whaa???????? Did i miss something exciting here? ^

hey dude (Plavt),

Are you a steward? By any chance can i ask you a question. That advertisement is for members who are SQ crazy to read and make them excited. :lol:

You can lock account? Are you a mod or an admin? :?

Sorry for not returning to this forum on time. I am very busy with my work. :oops:
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 5:30 pm

NS~KBH wrote:Whaa???????? Did i miss something exciting here? ^

hey dude (Plavt),

Are you a steward? By any chance can i ask you a question. That advertisement is for members who are SQ crazy to read and make them excited. :lol:

You can lock account? Are you a mod or an admin? :?

Sorry for not returning to this forum on time. I am very busy with my work. :oops:
Hi NS~KBH,
Glad to know there is somebody with a civil tongue, no you didn't miss anything exciting just something very boring. No I am not a steward and some of those who are SQ crazy need to do some thinking as you have no doubt noticed.

I am a moderator and I can lock accounts if things get out of hand.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 3:27 pm

@Plavt,

Oh wow, thanks for that compliment. Ignore those buffoons and get on with your work. :D

I am sure a lot of people will second myopinion. BTW: Those buffoons are hijacking someone\'s thread. :evil:
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

kekeai_82

Post by kekeai_82 » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 8:43 pm

Hello folks,
I hope you guys can help me out here.
There is an upcoming SIA interview in January and I am aware that a Diploma holder is qualified enough to apply for the post. However, there is a slight difference in this recruitment, it mentions that they want ALL the Educational certificates. For your information, I am a Diploma holder from one of the local Polytechnics but I have failed my English (D7). Do you think it will hinder me from being SIA crew? Should I give it a try on that day?
I feel so demoralize....... :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 9:01 pm

kekeai_82,
Was the English you failed part of the diploma or a seperate qualification?

kekeai_82

Post by kekeai_82 » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:13 pm

Plavt wrote:kekeai_82,
Hello Plavt,

Seperate. The one that I got D7 is my O'level. :(

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:34 pm

kekeai_82 wrote:
Hello folks,
There is an upcoming SIA interview in January and I am aware that a Diploma holder is qualified enough to apply for the post. However, there is a slight difference in this recruitment, it mentions that they want ALL the Educational certificates. For your information, I am a Diploma holder from one of the local Polytechnics but I have failed my English (D7). Do you think it will hinder me from being SIA crew? Should I give it a try on that day?
Heyy....... as long as you can speak fluently, write properly like how you post, i am sure you will be able to get through.

My O level english score is B3, so what? <--Is it a big deal? As long as your O level cert does not show F9 will do fine. Do you have any customer service experience or any other talents?

Just go & try and be confident. :-)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

kekeai_82

Post by kekeai_82 » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:47 pm

NS~KBH wrote:kekeai_82 wrote:
Hello folks,
Heyy....... as long as you can speak fluently, write properly like how you post, i am sure you will be able to get through.

My O level english score is B3, so what? <--Is it a big deal? As long as your O level cert does not show F9 will do fine. Do you have any customer service experience or any other talents?

Just go & try and be confident. :-)
Hello NS~KBH,
Yes, I do have. A year in the customer service line with good testimonials written by my bosses. However, it still bothers me as I referred to the past entries and it seems like a pass in English is a very important requirement and also heard that some people were asked to leave straight away at the door because of certain requirements are not up to their expectation. :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:11 pm

kekeai_82 wrote:
Plavt wrote:kekeai_82,
Hello Plavt,

Seperate. The one that I got D7 is my O'level. :(
Then as suggested by NS~KBH don't worry about it they would more likely go by their assessments than your qualifications. Either way a diploma is a higher qualification which supersedes most if not anything else you have done prior.

Possibly the airline has had candidates lie about their qualifications in the past and is just trying to safeguard its recruitment procedures.

Tip: Try to find some 'Key Facts' cards for English; they are a good guide to using basic grammar. In the UK they are sold in W.H. Smiths the stationery retailer but I don't know the equivalent store in Singapore.

hullabaloo_girl

Post by hullabaloo_girl » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:52 pm

Just wondering, I know that no visible scars on exposed areas are allowed. Is that the same for birthmarks no matter how big or small?