Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ladyR
Regular
Regular

Re: Ways To Earn Points

Post by ladyR » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:09 pm

j0Yce wrote:So Zura & LadyR.. we shall go together and hope we can get thru 2gether as well... Meanwhile juz prepare wat need to be prepared bah..
ya sure wil kip u girls more update abt e details of miting up all tat wen e time is near... or mayb any of u gal wana xchange no.??? :wink: :wink:
i'm lovin it! (c'est tout che que j'aime)

yannie

Post by yannie » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:28 am

whats the different between SIA interview and silkair interview?
will the question be the same? and the rounds that the interviewee needs to go thru?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:04 am

ya i guess their questions same so just be ready to intro yoiurself, and also tell them why your interes to be a cabin crew and what r your qualities they suit this industry

all the best!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:04 am

yannie wrote:whats the different between SIA interview and silkair interview?
SIA interview is conducted by SIA staff and SilkAir interview is conducted by SilkAir staff. Like any airline interview, both are equally stringent.
yannie wrote:will the question be the same?
An interviewer can't ask the same question to 2 interviewees even if it's in the same airline interview. It's really impossible knowing the fact that different interviewees have different background. You just need to think of questions they might ask during the interview. This is a recommended homework you can do prior to any interview, not just the airline.
yannie wrote:and the rounds that the interviewee needs to go thru?
What I went thru in August are the following:
Day 1:
Round 1: 10 applicants in a round table, each taking turn to introduce themselves, with 2 interviewers walking around assessing everyone.
Round 2: 1-to-1 interview. More of a chatting session. They want to know more about you and at the same time, look at how you bring yourself talking to a stranger upclose.

Day 2:
Round 3: Swimming test. If you don't know how to swim, don't be afraid. You will be given a life jacket and don't worry, it's still working. Just push yourself backwards while lying on your back.
Round 4: Uniform fitting. They want to see if you can compliment the company with the uniform. Scars on the face, neck and lower arms will be checked.

Day 3:
Round 5: Management interview. You will go to the front and face a panel of interviewers from the management. You will first introduce yourself and then they will ask you questions.
Round 6: Tea party. You will mingle with the same people over some refreshments. They want to see how you do public relations. If you get the job, you will have more tea party + mingling session in the course of your career.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

ladyR
Regular
Regular

Post by ladyR » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:27 am

singaporegrrl wrote: Round 4: Uniform fitting. They want to see if you can compliment the company with the uniform. Scars on the face, neck and lower arms will be checked.
scar!! i see... i hav a scar as big as 10cent on my knee due to bike accident.. i tink it a <b>BIG NO! NO!</b> rite? might as well 4get abt it..

scar on face, even putting on concealer n make up wont help??? correct me if im wrong i noe der sum1 who werking hav "bopeng" unsmoothness on facial.. so is scar reali a big deal on face..

i hope u can help me in tis question.. coz i dun1 waste my time if all tis gona make me feel hopeful 4 e interview in becoming a cabin crew.
thank you....:???:
i'm lovin it! (c'est tout che que j'aime)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 9:20 am

Hi Joyce,

its me again. Good news to tell you. I can take leave on fri and go together with your. Im so happy that i check with my asst manager. He happen to have a meeting in the office. So cant able to apply leave on that day. So i can apply.

How are we going to contact each other? Through msn or handphone number? Thank you! Reply soon.

chai ching wrote:Hi Joyce,

Im so sorry. I forget that i cant take leave on friday. Happen that my assistant manager will be also on leave. He's clearing his annual leave also. So guess you and the other gals go ahead without me. Maybe i will be going. But will only go on 09 Dec 2006. I shall see how.

Though going together, that will be a good idea. Somemore, sat is really a crowded place. If can choose, of course, i will choose on fri instead of sat.
j0Yce wrote:K zura, hv added u into MSN.. By the way, wat will u be wearing on that day?? So wat are the stuff to be expected during the walk-in interview? Do we have to try the uniform on tat day too?

By the way, i heard tat sometimes the interviewer will pay attention to the nails as well. So for the gals going on tat day, do spend sm $$$ on manicure.. Perhaps can help earn sm points :)

j0Yce

Post by j0Yce » Sat, 02 Dec 2006 12:55 pm

its me again. Good news to tell you. I can take leave on fri and go together with your. Im so happy that i check with my asst manager. He happen to have a meeting in the office. So cant able to apply leave on that day. So i can apply.

How are we going to contact each other? Through msn or handphone number? Thank you! Reply soon.

Im so sorry. I forget that i cant take leave on friday. Happen that my assistant manager will be also on leave. He's clearing his annual leave also. So guess you and the other gals go ahead without me. Maybe i will be going. But will only go on 09 Dec 2006. I shall see how.

Though going together, that will be a good idea. Somemore, sat is really a crowded place. If can choose, of course, i will choose on fri instead of sat.
j0Yce wrote:K zura, hv added u into MSN.. By the way, wat will u be wearing on that day?? So wat are the stuff to be expected during the walk-in interview? Do we have to try the uniform on tat day too?

By the way, i heard tat sometimes the interviewer will pay attention to the nails as well. So for the gals going on tat day, do spend sm $$$ on manicure.. Perhaps can help earn sm points :)
Halo Chai Ching.. (and to LadyR and Zura).. So sorri i can't make it on 8 December liao... i can onli go squeeze into the crowd on 9 dec... Argh... last min something crop up..

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 9:05 am

Hi Joyce,

Sorry. I want to tell you that im not intending to go. So i also wont be on leave on fri. But im still hesitating whether want to go or not. Although i have slim down a bit. But my tummy still can quite obvious. Silkair's uniform is quite tight or loose one? I also dont know. I ask my sister opinion. Should i go and attend it on fri?

Sae say you better not go. Cuz my sis and her friend say, Silkair is no good. But i say, at least gain some experience and treat it as a stepping stone from Silkair. Once i gain experience, then i join another better airline.

j0Yce wrote:

Halo Chai Ching.. (and to LadyR and Zura).. So sorri i can't make it on 8 December liao... i can onli go squeeze into the crowd on 9 dec... Argh... last min something crop up..

j0Yce

Post by j0Yce » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 3:52 pm

Sorry. I want to tell you that im not intending to go. So i also wont be on leave on fri. But im still hesitating whether want to go or not. Although i have slim down a bit. But my tummy still can quite obvious. Silkair's uniform is quite tight or loose one? I also dont know. I ask my sister opinion. Should i go and attend it on fri?

Sae say you better not go. Cuz my sis and her friend say, Silkair is no good. But i say, at least gain some experience and treat it as a stepping stone from Silkair. Once i gain experience, then i join another better airline.
Such a pity u nt going liao.. I'd still be going on 9 dec lor. Actually i feel u shd still go for a try. U never know the result till u try rite??? as for the uniform part.. mayb u can take a look at the outfit

http://www.uniformfreak.com/1silkair.html

As for pple saying that it's nt gd.. actually i feel every job has its pros & cons one.. sure gt the gd side & bad side... (see hw individual handle it only) So mayb u wan2 think abt it again and go try ur luck? :wink:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:05 pm

Chai Ching

You should go for the interview. you are not way over the TOp fat rite? its just a little tummy which you can get rid of very soon once SILKAIR tells you they like you, you will surely make an effort to slim down even faster. get rid of all fear and obstacle in your way. dont worry so much. cos if u dont try. you will never try and will always put it off to another time. SILKAIR is the regional wing of Singapore AIrlines. it is a good airline and most business ppl pay alot to fly with them, i dont know why your sister said that BUT maybe she was referrrng tothe fact that their Destinations are only South East Asia. While SIA flies internationally everywhere.dont give up and go for it.

SIA and airlines if they like you, they are willing to wait for you to slim down and groom you. so be brave and go. even if you fail. at least you went to try and you can always try again with another airline... its good to experience the diff interviews. Just DO IT! have the Never say Die attitude.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Motivation

Post by chai ching » Tue, 05 Dec 2006 9:41 am

Hi Corines143,

You are right. I should just go and try it. Should have that attitute of "Never Say Die" If the more i drag and delay or say next time and another time then go. Forever like that, i wont know whether i will succeed or not. Yup correct. Im not that way over top fat at all.
As for my tummy, i will slim it down successfully.

Maybe she's talking about their regional flights.
corines143 wrote:Chai Ching

You should go for the interview. you are not way over the TOp fat rite? its just a little tummy which you can get rid of very soon once SILKAIR tells you they like you, you will surely make an effort to slim down even faster. get rid of all fear and obstacle in your way. dont worry so much. cos if u dont try. you will never try and will always put it off to another time. SILKAIR is the regional wing of Singapore AIrlines. it is a good airline and most business ppl pay alot to fly with them, i dont know why your sister said that BUT maybe she was referrrng tothe fact that their Destinations are only South East Asia. While SIA flies internationally everywhere.dont give up and go for it.

SIA and airlines if they like you, they are willing to wait for you to slim down and groom you. so be brave and go. even if you fail. at least you went to try and you can always try again with another airline... its good to experience the diff interviews. Just DO IT! have the Never say Die attitude.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 05 Dec 2006 9:46 am

Well.... i decide to go and just have a try for my luck and see able to get in. What time are you going? Wanna go together? If you dont mind. You are absolutely correct about it. There are good side and bad side.
j0Yce wrote:

Such a pity u nt going liao.. I'd still be going on 9 dec lor. Actually i feel u shd still go for a try. U never know the result till u try rite??? as for the uniform part.. mayb u can take a look at the outfit

As for pple saying that it's nt gd.. actually i feel every job has its pros & cons one.. sure gt the gd side & bad side... (see hw individual handle it only) So mayb u wan2 think abt it again and go try ur luck? :wink:

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:31 am

Hi ladies

Been following the posts here for a while. Don't worry about what other people say. Just go for the interview and listen to what the recruiters have to say, then make a decision from there. If you like what you see and you are shortlisted, then it's still not too late to make a decision. Basically just go and try. Even if you do not get shortlisted, take it as a learning experience. Should you decide to try for the next recruitment, you will be better prepared.

It's always better to hear from the horse's mouth and make an informed decision. This is not to say that other people's views are not valid. They are but only you can make the decision. What you want to make the decision on depends on you. Weigh the pros and cons from there then only worry about it and decide.

Best of luck! :)

tenshi

chai ching wrote:Well.... i decide to go and just have a try for my luck and see able to get in. What time are you going? Wanna go together? If you dont mind. You are absolutely correct about it. There are good side and bad side.
j0Yce wrote:

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:09 am

Hi Tenshi,

First of all, thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciate that so much. You are right. Totally agree with what you post here. If the more we are scare, the more we will lose and no confidence at all. Maybe thats the aprt which i lack of courage and confidence. At first, im still hesitating whether going to give it a try and see how.

Feeling no confidence of myself. So i give up the idea and intending not to go at all. But many of them encourage me and ask me to just give it a try and see how. Cuz you never try, you didnt know whether you will be shortlisted or not? Itr true of what my friends and colleagues say to me. So i have finally decided and make up my mind to go. No harm trying it out at all.

How about you? Are you going either on thes days? Or you are just giving advice here. Or are you one of the crews?
tenshi wrote:Hi ladies

Been following the posts here for a while. Don't worry about what other people say. Just go for the interview and listen to what the recruiters have to say, then make a decision from there. If you like what you see and you are shortlisted, then it's still not too late to make a decision. Basically just go and try. Even if you do not get shortlisted, take it as a learning experience. Should you decide to try for the next recruitment, you will be better prepared.

It's always better to hear from the horse's mouth and make an informed decision. This is not to say that other people's views are not valid. They are but only you can make the decision. What you want to make the decision on depends on you. Weigh the pros and cons from there then only worry about it and decide.

Best of luck! :)

tenshi

chai ching wrote:Well.... i decide to go and just have a try for my luck and see able to get in. What time are you going? Wanna go together? If you dont mind. You are absolutely correct about it. There are good side and bad side.
j0Yce wrote: Such a pity u nt going liao.. I'd still be going on 9 dec lor. Actually i feel u shd still go for a try. U never know the result till u try rite??? as for the uniform part.. mayb u can take a look at the outfit

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 1:33 pm

chai ching wrote:First of all, thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciate that so much. You are right. Totally agree with what you post here. If the more we are scare, the more we will lose and no confidence at all. Maybe thats the aprt which i lack of courage and confidence. At first, im still hesitating whether going to give it a try and see how.

Feeling no confidence of myself. So i give up the idea and intending not to go at all. But many of them encourage me and ask me to just give it a try and see how. Cuz you never try, you didnt know whether you will be shortlisted or not? Itr true of what my friends and colleagues say to me. So i have finally decided and make up my mind to go. No harm trying it out at all.
Yes even if it's not the airline of your choice, you should just go. I went for various airlines' interviews and learnt from the experiences. Don't ever think it's a waste of time when in the end, we're not selected for the position. The more we go for interviews, the more we understand of what the job entails and what the recruiters want from their employees. At the same time, it builds our confidence. It adds more to your knowledge over the information you have retrieved from forums like this and the research over the internet.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?