Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
stalkingfeline

i think you should try the korean dude

Post by stalkingfeline » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:10 pm

i think if you really have the money, go to the korean guy.

i haven't been to the guy before, but i have done my research and he seems to be the best for asian rhinoplasty.

go surf the website. amazing.
cats are furry!
-stalkingfeline

To beentheredonethat

Post by To beentheredonethat » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 1:03 pm

To beentheredonethat or anyone else... any good recommendations for a good plastic surgeon in bangkok and who to avoid at all costs? Any help appreciated

confused

Re: i think you should try the korean dude

Post by confused » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 1:20 pm

stalkingfeline wrote:i think if you really have the money, go to the korean guy.

i haven't been to the guy before, but i have done my research and he seems to be the best for asian rhinoplasty.

go surf the website. amazing.
but i'm worried about the language barrier.. don't even know how to get there
is it in Seoul??

hmmmm

Post by hmmmm » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 1:49 pm

Hi, does anyone know how much it cost to do the rhinoplasty from this famous surgeon in Seoul?

I'm desperate!

stalkingfeline

korean dude

Post by stalkingfeline » Sat, 13 Nov 2004 9:36 pm

to all interested-

stop asking me. like i have said, i haven't been to him before, but from the extensive research i have done, he is a really famous rhinoplasty surgeon in korea, head of some school or organisation. surf the website yourself, lotsa information, don't be lazy, see it for yourself. the price and other info is all there. if you are that desperate, you would have. rhinoplasty is not a simple procedure, if you want to do it, you should be more diligent about it. do your own research and ask the doctor questions. you should email him and people who have done it, not people who doesn't know a thing (aka me).

if i sound pissed, i could be, but it doesn't matter. i am just shock at how people just expects to be spoonfed. the website has most things you want to know. if it isn't there, go email the dude. the info is not even hidden in some obscure section, its staring you in the face. for god sake.
cats are furry!
-stalkingfeline

i nd a nose job

nsoe job

Post by i nd a nose job » Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:51 am

so is the doctor over at paragon good?? anyone done an rhinoplasty there????? man. i dont want my nose turn out wrong! but i get a bad feeling abt doctors in singapore now bcuz of wad the rest said

Jamie Burns

Needing munich information?

Post by Jamie Burns » Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:39 pm

Use Google to find posts in the extremely Google friendly forum, in Munich
where many expats before have struggled to find answers to the dull
pain of culture shock or having to deal with officialdom:

Take the KVR for instance, the place where you must register as a foreigner:
Bypass white noise and retrieve your answers in an instant:
the method is this:
enter
keyword site: toytownmunich.com
in this case kvr site:toytownmunich.com or click on
y
or
krauts site:toytownmunich.com
or
German women site:toytownmunich.com

have fun!

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Nov 2004 4:17 pm

Hi I'm planning to have a nose surgery but I'm so confused about where to do it.I "ve heard that Korea is a good place but I wonder about the cost. Can anyone give me an advise?Thanks

Post by Guest » Wed, 24 Nov 2004 6:46 pm

Hi! Could I have your e-mail address, Wraj?

Is Dr Martin Huang friendly? Or is he very condescending? Thanks guys.

Mieko777

Post by Mieko777 » Fri, 10 Dec 2004 4:42 am

I never been to Thailand and I heard that it's not that safe there. Is this true?
I want to have rhinoplasty in Malaysia, but it exceeded my tight budget, so would anyone recommend Thailand instead?
For anyone who had experience in Thailand, please tell me which surgeon is good.
Thanks! :)

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:44 pm

Mieko777 wrote:I never been to Thailand and I heard that it's not that safe there. Is this true?
What exactly do you mean by "not safe"? :?:

reader'd experience

Dr.Fong

Post by reader'd experience » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 8:41 pm

have been reading posts top find out who is realy good for rhinoplasty in Singapore. everyone seems to think this form of plastic surgery is very basic.. I beg to differ.
Who is really Good ..???
Would liketo know ASAP
Found 19 plastic surgens who are alllowed to practice here in Singapore one I know he is good.Who are the other (?? No one seems to give any details!!

Now as for Dr. Fong Poh , the one in Thomson Medical and has a clinic called Arcadia
A young member of my family had lipo suction as well as tummy tuck done last dec. She is very happy with the result PLUS the care, concern and his atitude . I met him on her behalf and arranged for a meeting when she came to visit and in a week he setttled the date for surgery, did all that he had too, and we found him very good.within 2 weeks she travelled 15K miles back home! and was at work the same week!
Now I need a good rhinoplasty surgeon and Though I have 3 surgeons to consult I am wondering who really is good.
Have an appt in the next 3 days will inofrm thru posts my findings.

Reader's experience

Dr.Fong

Post by Reader's experience » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 8:42 pm

have been reading posts top find out who is realy good for rhinoplasty in Singapore. everyone seems to think this form of plastic surgery is very basic.. I beg to differ.
Who is really Good ..???
Would liketo know ASAP
Found 19 plastic surgens who are alllowed to practice here in Singapore one I know he is good.Who are the other (?? No one seems to give any details!!

Now as for Dr. Fong Poh , the one in Thomson Medical and has a clinic called Arcadia
A young member of my family had lipo suction as well as tummy tuck done last dec. She is very happy with the result PLUS the care, concern and his atitude . I met him on her behalf and arranged for a meeting when she came to visit and in a week he setttled the date for surgery, did all that he had too, and we found him very good.within 2 weeks she travelled 15K miles back home! and was at work the same week!
Now I need a good rhinoplasty surgeon and Though I have 3 surgeons to consult I am wondering who really is good.
Have an appt in the next 3 days will inofrm thru posts my findings.

libra

Re: Eye bag, Dark Eye Ring

Post by libra » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:02 am

[quote="Guest"][quote="Fiona Ng"]there is no need to go for operation for your eyebags, its to much risk and I have seen friends with botched jobs! There is a product in the market that helps eyebag reduce dramatically and clears dark eye ring. I have used it myself and it works very well. Please reconsider against surgical procedures...

HI Fiona,
How to get rid of my eye bags? Where to find that product? PLease recommend.

Re: nose & chin

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Dec 2004 7:38 am

nymphie wrote:
shalu wrote:
crystalre wrote:hi... im thinkin about having a nose and chin job here... however, ive been told that most of the surgeons here r not that good... any recomendations? anyone knows how how they'll cost? :?:
Hi am planning on getting my nose done and wanted to know who did yours and are you happy with it? am thinking of getting mine done with dr matin huang
Hi, I had prior primary rhinoplasty performed by Dr Woffles Wu. I was unaware of the stature he enjoyed until post-surgery, where a deluge of plastic surgery articles in the mass media featured comments by him. I was teetering on the edge of adulthood then (being 18), was lacking in emotional maturity, and suffered from a severe lack of self-esteem. I reckon because of my young age, and although he was not condescending, I felt intimidated by the consultation. I had educated myself extensively on rhinoplasty (nose jobs) from authoritative online sources and books before the consultation and was surprised to note that the pre-operative interview was lacking in detail. It was a very brief interview, and my options were only hastily discussed. Although I felt the severity ofthe procedure necessiated more thorough discussion, because of my age and how i felt dwarfed in his presence, I did not voice my objections. The surgery itself went without glitches, but Dr Woffles Wu deferred on the agreed plan by suggesting that it might be more aesthetically pleasing if I also had a silicone L-shaped implant in addition to having some cartilage removed to give the nose height. As I was under local anesthetic, I did agree to the suggestion while being in full-posession of my faculties. Post-operation, I suffered extremely bad brusing (it differs from one individual to another), but was offered little emotional support from either the staff or the doctor. I did not remember getting any reassurance. Aesthetically, my nose has gained considerable height but has retained its broadness, but I am in no way insinuating this to be at the fault of the surgeon. I understand that asians scar badly, and much of the residual cartilage could have been scar tissue. This is my personal experience, and having not talked to/consulted other surgeons, I am unable to arrive at an opinion on how he compares to other surgeons.
Nymphie: Could I mail you? Give me your e-mail add please. Thanks.