Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 2:32 pm

tanjhj wrote:
flymetothemoon wrote:jus thot perhaps i shdnt go for the dawn yang wannabe look...

im going for korean actress's nose n Taiwanese Patty hou's face shape..make my oval sharp face even sharper...jus like hers....gd idea??

***pls comment? :lol:
still need to shave ur chin and cheek. else cant achieve that features.

oh yes, doing a few procedures at once should get u discount of 10-20% off per surgery. remember to ask for more disc when finalising neg with them. Taiwan can ask for disc one..

What procedure u are going for? if u want to have korean nosey, than only can go to Hanfong or Wishclinic liao.

http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-1.htm

states that Shaving of cheek and chin will require 1 day of hospital stay and u need to see the doc at the 5th and 14th days.

try to ask the doc give u a complimentary dimple surgery (if u dun have) since u going for a few procedures.

han fong and wishclinic are based in taiwan right? how come they are able to do korean style nose? if given a choice, is hanfong/wishclinic or korea better to do korean style nose?

btw how does korean style nose look like?

and wad's shaving cheek, chin surgery? same as jaw surgery? liek cutting the bone?

and wouldn't asking for discounts may result in the doc nt giving 100% effort in doing the surgery?

devilsmaycry
Regular
Regular

Post by devilsmaycry » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 2:33 pm

Voix,
I am also thinking of doing the korea eyelid and kai yan wei or kai yan tou. i am not thinking of a nose job as yet but i just saw picture of Jungsia and she has a very pretty smile, like Vivian Hsu and Dawn Yeo kinda smile.. Not sure if i should go for that..

I think i am going crazy thinking of changing my face.. lol

Vietnamese airline.. hmm i think all airlines are generally safe, all of them are checked for at our airport. 15 days will push the expenses up. R u studying or u working already. I am not sure how long the recovery period is but i think 15 days sounds good.. only thing is we are travelling on a different period.

devilsmaycry
Regular
Regular

Post by devilsmaycry » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 2:41 pm

wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:her botox she charged how much? she charged the cheapest in sg? but can see effect ? i scare cheap charges may nt see results.. u went for botox b4 n how is the results?
quite ok. for botox, result may not be immediately obvious. i dun think they use cheap botox if i not wrong botox is made by 1 co. only. also her cheap is due to her clinic is at housing area and she share the clinic with alot of other doc. call and ask loh.

i see cos i tot botox oso gt various brand ma... i realized quite alot of gp near my house area haf provide botox services... are they oso cheaper than those hospital n plastic surgery clinice?
my GP at serangoon north charges $400 for botox fine lines and when quizzed for the face he said same.. He is Martin Huang's senior from school and they are still friends, just that he prefers to be a GP than a plastic surgeon.. he offers skin demabrasion etc as well.. just not the surgical cosmetic procedures..
And u know how sweaty palms can be eliminated by botox as well,
martin huang and woffles wu do that as well..
that is basically 50 injections on your hand itself.. which is very painful..

If you guys are interested, he is a very nice doctor and does not push sales. I asked regarding the sweaty palm, he advised against it saying it is painful, 50 injections on one hand.

The Healer Medical Group - Dr Ling
Blk 154 Serangoon North Ave 1
#01-452 (as of Dec 15)
Tel - 6285 9866

i didnt bring my med so i dun have his current add, i have a piece of paper that says they are moving in my receipt that i am doing claims for today hahaha.. (not for botoc.. for my flu) :lol:

devilsmaycry
Regular
Regular

Post by devilsmaycry » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 2:47 pm

the add is in the receipt haha
The Healer Medical Practices Pte Ltd
Blk 153 Serangoon Nth Ave 1 #01-508
Tel : 6285 9866

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 2:56 pm

injecting botox on hand?? tat muz be painful... then isn't injecting botox on face even more painful since face skin is very sensitive

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 3:18 pm

devilsmaycry: you're a guy?girl? hahas. i'm still studying. everything is paid for by mumy dearest. i think she finally saw that i was being cut short by my looks? or rather the fact thqt i lack self confidence and i have that i deserve bad things because i'm ugly mentality. she saw how shy i was when i was with groups of people and how fun i could be when i was with my cloest friendsand she was like, heck you better go if it makes you feel better. we had a very long talk and all to make sure i'm not going to want to change my whole identity and all. just improvements and make myself more outspoken?

15 days will definitely push the expenses up! but both of us feel that i'll be better there even though my mum is the smothering-my-baby type of mum.

will update after the whole thing. i promise. pictures might need to see, but i'll give a blow by blow account of everything i rmb.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 5:37 pm

voix wrote:i'm going for my double eyelid, kai yan wei(got to discuss with her first) butnot kai yan tou because i plan to get a nose implant anyways, then i dont want my eyes to be too close together. i'm also going to consult her on my lazy eye problem because she wrote on her web that she does that as well. but need to ask her because my chinese is not very good so dont know if i read the wrong things.
the right way of going for PS is to do the go for nose 1st follow by the eyes. The reason is quite simple coz the nose implant may alter your eye shape.
Thus since u going to taiwan, might as well do the nose as well.

my suggestion, for nose, u can go to Wishclinic for korean style nose on top of that he also does korean style eyelid as what dr su does. thus there us the conviences of 1 stop. u can email them for budget hotels near their clinic. i dun use Tour agency for hotels coz they arent cheap. it is better to get it from asiarooms.com or asiatravel.

For eyelid, since Korean Style Eyelid is reversible, thus there is no harm of using WishClinic that does Both Korean Eyelid and nose. or u can do ur nose at wishclinic and eyelid at dr su.

my recommended planning:

Day 1)Get into hotel nearby, See Dr SU or Wishclinic
Day 2)Operation at either one of the clinic. Rest or go to next clinic.
Day 3)Go touring or rest
Day 4)Go to touring or rest. or operation
Day 5-10)touring
Day11-14)Final consultation & remove stitches(if needed)
Day 15)Home

Note: U can switch ard 2 budget hotels while going ard taiwan, since it iw winter there now, thus good for healing, should go touring often as u dun sweat. Bring sunglasses and/or Hat/Cap.

If u are going with your mother or another fren, i suggest u use tour agency 3d2n free and easy. Sgd 500+ for tix and hotel stay per pax..
http://www.apple-holidays.com/_Vacation ... -Dec06.htm
http://www.travelpear.com.sg/singapore/ ... aipei.html
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:04 pm

wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
flymetothemoon wrote:jus thot perhaps i shdnt go for the dawn yang wannabe look...

im going for korean actress's nose n Taiwanese Patty hou's face shape..make my oval sharp face even sharper...jus like hers....gd idea??

***pls comment? :lol:
still need to shave ur chin and cheek. else cant achieve that features.

oh yes, doing a few procedures at once should get u discount of 10-20% off per surgery. remember to ask for more disc when finalising neg with them. Taiwan can ask for disc one..

What procedure u are going for? if u want to have korean nosey, than only can go to Hanfong or Wishclinic liao.

states that Shaving of cheek and chin will require 1 day of hospital stay and u need to see the doc at the 5th and 14th days.

try to ask the doc give u a complimentary dimple surgery (if u dun have) since u going for a few procedures.

han fong and wishclinic are based in taiwan right? how come they are able to do korean style nose? if given a choice, is hanfong/wishclinic or korea better to do korean style nose?

and wad's shaving cheek, chin surgery? same as jaw surgery? liek cutting the bone?

and wouldn't asking for discounts may result in the doc nt giving 100% effort in doing the surgery?
Jaw surgery need to go to Hospital or PS that is hospital based. Like Yanhee and Dr somsak does Jaw Surgery others smaller Clinic dun.
Chin shaving is minor compared to jaw surgery thus PS clinic can do that.

Hanfong doesnt do korea style nose or eyelid eben thou they name themselves as "HanFong". This is a shrewd Marketing strtegy by the Clinic boss. They are still pratising Normal Style PS. as for the nose, they incorporated Ear bone grafting which is abit similar to Korean style but they are not the authentic way as They didnt use open incision for the nose tip. Close incision cant change the tip much..

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:20 pm

tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote: still need to shave ur chin and cheek. else cant achieve that features.

Jaw surgery need to go to Hospital or PS that is hospital based. Like Yanhee and Dr somsak does Jaw Surgery others smaller Clinic dun.
Chin shaving is minor compared to jaw surgery thus PS clinic can do that.

Hanfong doesnt do korea style nose or eyelid eben thou they name themselves as "HanFong". This is a shrewd Marketing strtegy by the Clinic boss. They are still pratising Normal Style PS. as for the nose, they incorporated Ear bone grafting which is abit similar to Korean style but they are not the authentic way as They didnt use open incision for the nose tip. Close incision cant change the tip much..

actually i emailed bkclinic few days ago n ask abt nose and jaw surgery. they charged us4-6k for jaw surgery le quite ex imo... but is bkclinic famous for jaw surgery? i wan to achieve those diamond or heart shaped kind of face...
and is dr somsak gd in this jaw surgery thing?

from my interpretation korean style nose is
bridge and majority part of nose is use gortex.
then the tip they use ear cartilage thru open incision?
ami i right?

and isn't open incision very painful compared to closed incision? open incision sounds scary...

and i gt a qn too how come i see the charges for revision rhinoplasty cheaper than actual rhinoplasty? revision rhinoplasty easier to do?

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:22 pm

voix wrote:devilsmaycry: you're a guy?girl? hahas. i'm still studying. everything is paid for by mumy dearest. i think she finally saw that i was being cut short by my looks? or rather the fact thqt i lack self confidence and i have that i deserve bad things because i'm ugly mentality. she saw how shy i was when i was with groups of people and how fun i could be when i was with my cloest friendsand she was like, heck you better go if it makes you feel better. we had a very long talk and all to make sure i'm not going to want to change my whole identity and all. just improvements and make myself more outspoken?

15 days will definitely push the expenses up! but both of us feel that i'll be better there even though my mum is the smothering-my-baby type of mum.

will update after the whole thing. i promise. pictures might need to see, but i'll give a blow by blow account of everything i rmb.
so u confirm going to taiwan to do nose and eyelid surgery next month?

how much u set aside for surgery alone?

ur mum so gd sponsor u the surgery...

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:24 pm

Hi,
I wanted to get a nose job and jaw shaving done. I’m thinking of getting it done in Paragon. But after reading so many comments, I decided to do it in another country (Bankok, Thailand) since they too produces pretty good result and also offer affordable price. Btw, has anyone undergo jaw shaving surgery before? Is it very painful? My tolerance towards pain is quite average. Anyone can share their experience with me? Will greatly appreciate it!

flymetothemoon
Regular
Regular

Post by flymetothemoon » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:27 pm

voix wrote:i'm going there for 15 days! hahas. cos want to more or less heal before i come back to singapore to face my dad.

anyway, found on chanbrother's website, is vietnamese airlines safe? cos it's only 550 for vitenames airlines. and hotles i check so far the cheapest is USD58.
i am also going for 2wks for chin n cheek shaving, bt u r going so soon>??
erm...

anyhow, abt wearing sunglasses, its not very advisable, cos..(see, the following quote)

Post Operative Care
Your surgeon will give you more specific guidelines for gradually resuming your normal activities.
You will still need to be careful to not blow your nose for about two weeks, and avoid bumps to the nose for about six weeks. Eyeglasses should be taped to the forehead, off the bridge of the nose, for the first month. Avoid strenuous activity (jogging, swimming, bending, sexual relations-any activity that increases your blood pressure) for two to three weeks. Avoid hitting or rubbing your nose, or getting it sunburned, for eight weeks. Be gentle when washing your face and hair or using cosmetics

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:32 pm

flymetothemoon wrote:
voix wrote:i'm going there for 15 days! hahas. cos want to more or less heal before i come back to singapore to face my dad.

anyway, found on chanbrother's website, is vietnamese airlines safe? cos it's only 550 for vitenames airlines. and hotles i check so far the cheapest is USD58.
i am also going for 2wks for chin n cheek shaving, bt u r going so soon>??
erm...

anyhow, abt wearing sunglasses, its not very advisable, cos..(see, the following quote)

Post Operative Care
Your surgeon will give you more specific guidelines for gradually resuming your normal activities.
You will still need to be careful to not blow your nose for about two weeks, and avoid bumps to the nose for about six weeks. Eyeglasses should be taped to the forehead, off the bridge of the nose, for the first month. Avoid strenuous activity (jogging, swimming, bending, sexual relations-any activity that increases your blood pressure) for two to three weeks. Avoid hitting or rubbing your nose, or getting it sunburned, for eight weeks. Be gentle when washing your face and hair or using cosmetics
i assume she is going for eyes only thus recommended sunglasses. Thats why i added the Cap, in case she does the nose as well...

Where u going for ur shaving? Care to share? Thailand?
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:34 pm

FlyingMice wrote:Hi,
I wanted to get a nose job and jaw shaving done. I’m thinking of getting it done in Paragon. But after reading so many comments, I decided to do it in another country (Bankok, Thailand) since they too produces pretty good result and also offer affordable price. Btw, has anyone undergo jaw shaving surgery before? Is it very painful? My tolerance towards pain is quite average. Anyone can share their experience with me? Will greatly appreciate it!
Read the link i posted abt chin and jaw shaving earlier.. yes it is going to be quite painful and troublesome for 2 weeks as u cant eat solid food..

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:43 pm

tanjhj wrote: Read the link i posted abt chin and jaw shaving earlier.. yes it is going to be quite painful and troublesome for 2 weeks as u cant eat solid food..
Quite painful means unbearable pain even if your mouth is at rest position or it is painful only when u move your jaw? Will it hurt a lot when you drink? Do you mind posting the link again? because i dont really know which of your link relates to the jaw reduction surgery. Thanks.