Singapore Expats

Bored at the Office!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
BoredBrit

Bored at the Office!

Post by BoredBrit » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 7:30 pm

Hello,
I'm bored of my nut at the office. Will be here for another hour or so. I don't fancy going back to the poxy interim hotel and staring at channel 5 all night!
Anyone fancy a drink/some fun?

Bored, Bored, Bored!

Sunrise_Singapore

Hi, Back

Post by Sunrise_Singapore » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 8:23 pm

I know how you feel, being so far away from home does not help. Too bad it is Monday! Otherwise we go for drinks. Hang in there, bored Brit.

BoredBrit

Still bored!

Post by BoredBrit » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 8:59 pm

I know I shouldn't be drinking on a Monday, but........

Soooo Bored!!

Still at the office :roll:

timtams
Regular
Regular

Re: Still bored!

Post by timtams » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:45 pm

BoredBrit wrote:I know I shouldn't be drinking on a Monday, but........

Soooo Bored!!

Still at the office :roll:
Have a mini fridge on your desk and stock it with booze! Alcohol sure kills boredom. :devil:

BoredBrit

Weekends are the worst...

Post by BoredBrit » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 1:52 pm

Would love to drink alcohol at work, but.....not sure It would go down to well!! I'm normally too busy to worry about being bored at work.
Weekends are different though. V boring! I know I should get out, and see some more of this great island etc. But It's hard when you're on you're own. Not really one for meeting up with big groups of people I don't know. Am a bit of an introvert.

What to do? I don't want to have another weekend of sitting in a random bar waving off SPG's! :x

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 4:16 pm

Hey bored brit, may I take the liberty to say (being a fellow brit) "Dont complain" if your not prepared to do what I am more than sure that most on here have done which is take the plunge and made the inital effort to go out and about and meet others at do's such as the WNDC.
You gotta make some effort if you want the just rewards so get out there and meet people and your weekends will be a lot more fulfilling!
These guys even in larger groups are really not that scary when you meet them!

Paddle

Are you still bored?

Post by Paddle » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 5:37 pm

I'm that close to boredom myself. Just arrived in the country and looking for someone to have a beer with. Am a female who's lived overseas for the most part of my life.

BoredBrit

Yep. Still bored!

Post by BoredBrit » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:49 pm

Was going to stay in tonight. Brought a dvd to watch and "everyfink!"
Don't want to go back to the hotel. Yawn!
Going to the pub instead! (Orchard Road Area)
SMS Me If you fancy it!- 97817786

solarv
Chatter
Chatter

Post by solarv » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 6:39 pm

super bored...

Anyone up for poker?

BoredBrit

Poker Poker Poker

Post by BoredBrit » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 1:55 pm

I would def be up for some Poker.

katzmeow

Post by katzmeow » Sat, 02 Dec 2006 5:05 pm

I have moved many times in my life (about once every 3 years) and often have to go through the cycle of meeting new people. I can just about carry on a conversation with a brick wall, so BoredBrit, I can imagine it's even more difficult as an introvert. But if it's a choice between being bored/lonely or putting yourself out there in a potentially uncomfortable situation, I would choose the latter! Just be thankful you live in a country where everyone speaks English.

I just went to WNDC for the first time this week, good fun, lots of interesting people from all over the world. Don't worry, they don't bite!

timtams
Regular
Regular

Re: Weekends are the worst...

Post by timtams » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 1:32 am

BoredBrit wrote:Would love to drink alcohol at work, but.....not sure It would go down to well!! I'm normally too busy to worry about being bored at work.
Weekends are different though. V boring! I know I should get out, and see some more of this great island etc. But It's hard when you're on you're own. Not really one for meeting up with big groups of people I don't know. Am a bit of an introvert.

What to do? I don't want to have another weekend of sitting in a random bar waving off SPG's! :x
Waving off SPGs? Where have you been hanging out? :wink: So make some new local friends! :D