Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:17 pm

tanjhj you always have so much info, :)
btw, may i know what surgery have you done before if you don't mind sharing, thanks~!

i think previously jovin mentioned about a magazine selling at cold storage.. anyone still remembers whats the title / cost?

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:18 pm

tanjihi i am very impressed by the b4 n after rhino pics... wad's rhino revision? and rhino rsp is to correct those nose with humps?

for me i wan higher bridge, alar to reduce the sides of nose (my side abit fleshy) and lengthen my nose plus make my tip defined. can dr kin or dr jung able to do tat all at one go?

and for the eyes i alr gt obvious double eyelids but i wan to make my eyes bigger n more alluring is there any surgery i can do?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:41 pm

vitamins wrote:tanjhj you always have so much info, :)
btw, may i know what surgery have you done before if you don't mind sharing, thanks~!

i think previously jovin mentioned about a magazine selling at cold storage.. anyone still remembers whats the title / cost?
oh that magazine.. i read it from Msia Times bookstore before. I believe it is a Msia publication however it is a good read for those who wanna go for PS. However, i believe the Internet is more than enough if not better than the magazine.

Me, Botox on cheek only so far. Have been sceduled to go for Double eylid and Rhino at NUH but change my mind after doing research. My finding is that SG PS is too ex with limited skills and exp, imagine u are paying them to learn... also techniques and materials used are outdated and unsuitable for asian. worst is that they hardly improve and upgrade themselves

oh yes, i am an engineer maybe thats why i can understand how it is done, next is i does lots of research plus i dare to see those "bloody" operation pics for better understanding..
Last edited by tanjhj on Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 5:46 pm

wenny wrote:tanjihi i am very impressed by the b4 n after rhino pics... wad's rhino revision? and rhino rsp is to correct those nose with humps?

for me i wan higher bridge, alar to reduce the sides of nose (my side abit fleshy) and lengthen my nose plus make my tip defined. can dr kin or dr jung able to do tat all at one go?

and for the eyes i alr gt obvious double eyelids but i wan to make my eyes bigger n more alluring is there any surgery i can do?
I suggest u call or email both DR Jung and Kim on their Phone via their website and give them ur pics of front and side(close up) for their review and tell them what u want (give pic of the actress nose and eyes u like) and ask for quotation. Than u decide your doctor to go to. HK actress michelle reis and Qi Qi is an example of good nose job well done, prominent yet oriental.

Actually both DR will do all at once for u but depending on ur nose. some cases may need 2nd time.. thus i suggest u give them a call. and ask for discount..

as for your eyes, there is still some opeartion to make it better, bigger and nicer. ask the doc for recommendation.

anyway, i does suggest u go for a total makeover at one go rather than spread it over a few times. reason is that the doc can have a better pic on how to operate on you and also, the cost is lesser if do all at once. usually is btw 10-20% cheaper as per surgery.

wine87

Post by wine87 » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 8:08 pm

how long can a nose silicone implant last if no accidents/complications occur... is it possible to last a life time?

anyway to extend its lifespan if it doesnt last a life time?

thanks..

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 3:24 am

whats best for slimming legs... :oops:
瘦小腿手術, 肉毒桿菌瘦腿 etc..

hmm anyone has gone for slimming legs?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 9:17 am

flymetothemoon wrote:
Hannah Lee wrote:
flymetothemoon wrote:I have flare-up nose, so i shd opt for nostiril reduction for tt rite?

a nose job will only make ur nose taller and pointer, not much of a difference to reduce the flare-up nose? am i rite? i have flare up nostril, but do not have particularly big/ small nostril.

pls give some comments. :cry:
Then alar isn't gonna help much. You need to get your nose lengthened instead. Dr. Jung calls having a piggy flared nose a "short nose". Unfortunately just adding an implant isn't gonna fix the problem. I had a lot of nostril show before, but I had mine lengthened with ear cartilage and its fine now.
but that Dr jung is in korea rite?..i dun intend to go for tt, too costly. do u hv drs in taiwan to recommend that can do such lengthening surgery? man, i thot my nose job will be a simple surgery..like jus nose augmentation :???:
sori to spoilt ur hope but flare nose, piggy nose, fleshy nose and short nose will need OPEN incision, implant and bone grafting from your body to fix. This surgery, i wont count on local docs to do that and even local doc can do, it will gonna cost a bomb. Only choice is Hanfong, WishClinic or Dr Jung/DR Kim. for taiwan, prepare to set aside 3k for the surgery only. for korea, it gonna cost u usd5k. Thailand maybe Dr Somsak but i dun think it is going to be oriental looking like those korean actress but more caucasian like Dawn's.

Maybe u like to send ur pics to wishclinic, hanfong, and dr somsak for quotation. do send a pic of the ideal nose u want.

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 2:07 pm

tanjhj wrote:

oh that magazine.. i read it from Msia Times bookstore before. I believe it is a Msia publication however it is a good read for those who wanna go for PS. However, i believe the Internet is more than enough if not better than the magazine.

Me, Botox on cheek only so far. Have been sceduled to go for Double eylid and Rhino at NUH but change my mind after doing research. My finding is that SG PS is too ex with limited skills and exp, imagine u are paying them to learn... also techniques and materials used are outdated and unsuitable for asian. worst is that they hardly improve and upgrade themselves

oh yes, i am an engineer maybe thats why i can understand how it is done, next is i does lots of research plus i dare to see those "bloody" operation pics for better understanding..

hihi tanjih u did botox b4 arh?? hmm is it painful when the doc inject into ur face? and u know any sg doc who provide cheap botox with similar effect as wad other expensive local doc charged

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 2:12 pm

tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:tanjihi i am very impressed by the b4 n after rhino pics... wad's rhino revision? and rhino rsp is to correct those nose with humps?

I suggest u call or email both DR Jung and Kim on their Phone via their website and give them ur pics of front and side(close up) for their review and tell them what u want (give pic of the actress nose and eyes u like) and ask for quotation. Than u decide your doctor to go to. HK actress michelle reis and Qi Qi is an example of good nose job well done, prominent yet oriental.

Actually both DR will do all at once for u but depending on ur nose. some cases may need 2nd time.. thus i suggest u give them a call. and ask for discount..

as for your eyes, there is still some opeartion to make it better, bigger and nicer. ask the doc for recommendation.

anyway, i does suggest u go for a total makeover at one go rather than spread it over a few times. reason is that the doc can have a better pic on how to operate on you and also, the cost is lesser if do all at once. usually is btw 10-20% cheaper as per surgery.
thanks for the reply tanjih... i haf seen quite a few local docs le but they say they can't do anything to improve my eyes and the reason they gv is i gt double eyelids so i can't go for any double eyelid op. n i ask if they gt any surgery to make my eyes bigger but the doc say its impossible. so i kind of doubt their skills

most sg docs suggest me tat i can enhance my nose to make it higher n sharper.. wad i haf nw is a normal nose... but my sides abit fleshy n nose looks abit short. i'm quite sure sg docs can't do such complicated op tat i wan so i made up my mind to choose either a gd taiwan or korean doc.. after reading the posts, can i say the recommended docs from taiwan is dr hsu and from korea is dr kim and dr jung from bk clinic? correct me if i am wrong...

erm where do i go abt finding dr hsu, dr kim and dr jung email add and their webpage address arh??

sorry to trouble u tanjih... so sweet of u to help us out heez :D

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 5:57 pm

wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

thanks for the reply tanjih... i haf seen quite a few local docs le but they say they can't do anything to improve my eyes and the reason they gv is i gt double eyelids so i can't go for any double eyelid op. n i ask if they gt any surgery to make my eyes bigger but the doc say its impossible. so i kind of doubt their skills

most sg docs suggest me tat i can enhance my nose to make it higher n sharper.. wad i haf nw is a normal nose... but my sides abit fleshy n nose looks abit short. i'm quite sure sg docs can't do such complicated op tat i wan so i made up my mind to choose either a gd taiwan or korean doc.. after reading the posts, can i say the recommended docs from taiwan is dr hsu and from korea is dr kim and dr jung from bk clinic? correct me if i am wrong...

erm where do i go abt finding dr hsu, dr kim and dr jung email add and their webpage address arh??

sorry to trouble u tanjih... so sweet of u to help us out heez :D
Dr Hsu is not recommended for you as i dun think he is the right person for your surgery requirement. He may be better for normal operation only.
As for eyes, i can suggest u go to Dr Su (lady) http://www.dr-su.com/about.asp for your kai yan tou and kai yan wei. and nose i would recommend you to Wishclinic . http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-1.htm
if cost is not a problem, i would rather u go korea Dr Kim where he is expert in both surgery. http://www.bkclinic.com/
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 6:03 pm

wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

hihi tanjih u did botox b4 arh?? hmm is it painful when the doc inject into ur face? and u know any sg doc who provide cheap botox with similar effect as wad other expensive local doc charged
not really that paindul, like ant bite. cheapest i find in SG currently is
http://www.tanteohclinic.com.sg

she charges 500 for each session. but for consultation charges, i forgot if she can waive it if u does your botox with her. maybe u can call before u go.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:05 pm

Just saw a Korean Movie abt a priest trainee falling in love with a lady he is suppose to baptize. Looking at the Lady face, i really wonder which part of her face is natural and which is not. very hard to tell really. Of coz, that is a possibilities that her features are all real, chances are her nose can be fake and so is her eyes. that explain how good the koreans are in the PS surgery, Try tell me which actress eyes and nose are fake from watching their drama. However that is not the case for those that had gone thru the Std PS. it is pretty easy to tell the fake as the features are too artificailly perfect and un-oriental. Wonder who feels or can feel the same as me? :P

Next, goretex implant as stated by Dr Jung and DR Kim give a less shape and parallel look than those Silicone L implant becoz of its more rounded and uneven edge. IF u see those pics from Dr Jung and Dr Kim website of Patient with Goretex and Silicone, u can find that the those with Goretex have more rounded look at the bridge and tip over the Silicone, however, some of the patient does look better with sharper looks which the silicone give. Thus my conclusion is that you must have a choose the features before choosing the implants material. if u like shaper and "perfect" nosey, and Sharp looks is better on your face, it may than be better to go for silicone. I find that there is no point choosing gore-tex if it cant give the features u wanted. i guess u wont be happier even if goretex is indeed safer or better than silicone. agree? :roll:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 3:30 am

tanjhj wrote:I just found a thai PS clinic which charges Thb9000 for double eyelid via suture. that is like <sgd400. same price for alar. This clinic is catered to Thai unlike Yanhee which is catered to angmoh...
Rhino via silicone L implant is thb 12000, sgd500+

anybody keen. Great Thai PS sales.. :D

Yupz. If u can get a thai fren to bring you to PS clinic, chances are u just need to pay local rate, which is 1/2 of what they quote in USD. same for yanhee or other clinic..
May be going at mid December to this PS clinic for Double Eyelid via Suture. yupz i try to get a thai friend to bring me along.
i dun mind paying $350+ to try suture method.. than go BKK for shopping and celebrate my Xmas there.. maybe even New Year too.

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:49 pm

tanjhj
about the korean movie, is the lady you mentioned ha jiwon? i watched this movie a long time ago. but to me, she looks natural and very pretty haha, even though she might have did something. im not good in telling the real and fake ones

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 1:06 pm

tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote: oh that magazine.. i read it from Msia Times bookstore before. I believe it is a Msia publication however it is a good read for those who wanna go for PS. However, i believe the Internet is more than enough if not better than the magazine.

not really that paindul, like ant bite. cheapest i find in SG currently is
http://www.tanteohclinic.com.sg

she charges 500 for each session. but for consultation charges, i forgot if she can waive it if u does your botox with her. maybe u can call before u go.

i realized this local clinic provide plastic surgery on nose n eyelids... n the prices like very cheap 2k for reconstruction of nose... tanjih haf u considered this clinic b4?