Singapore Expats

WHAT I'VE LEARNED

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

WHAT I'VE LEARNED

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:42 pm

WHAT I'VE LEARNED... I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just assholes.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better have a big pecker or huge boobs.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in your house, one of your kids did it.

I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and the less important ones just never go away.

I've learned to say "F--- 'em if they can't take a joke" in 6 languages.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Soldat

Post by Soldat » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 4:13 pm

What i've learnt....
(or learned, if you use US english)

I've learnt that women can eat 1/4 lbs of chocolate and turn it into 2 lbs of fat.

I've learnt that "ang mohs" are heckuvalot more friendly (to me) than a vast majority of locals here.

I've learnt that getting a cellphone that can get/send Video Calls is one of the worst decisions of my life.

I've learnt that I'm surprisingly calm (albiet stinky) when the shit hits the fan.

I've learnt that women like to let the men think that they wear the pants in a relationship... and i've been pantless a good long time already.

I've learnt that i'm better at speaking a foreign language than my own mother tongue.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:08 pm

Nice additions to the list! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

one843
Regular
Regular

Post by one843 » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 7:58 am

I have learned a few things. Most noteable are.

The difference between inlaws and outlaws are that the outlaws are wanted.

The difference between terrorist and children is that you can negotiate with terrorist.

If you loan a friend 20 dollars and never see him again then that was the best 20 dollars you have ever spent.

Last but not least. It is no picnic being me. But at least I understand myself. Most of the time anyway.

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”