Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:33 am

caryn wrote:Hi people!

Another question: I'm still a student and will be graduating only in Nov 2007 (that's 1 more year...) Can I still try out for the interview and (if recruited) start work in 2007?

I've made an appointment with a doctor for a scar revision surgery because no amount of concealer can cover my scar!!!! So can i still go for the interview and let them know that the scar will be gone by next year?? Will they accept such a reason? Or will i be asked to come back again only after the scar surgery is successful??

Thanks!
I'm sorry dear but you will be wasting your time. If you really want to start early, you might want to go for an interview probably 2-3 months before you graduate. Nov 2007 is too far for them to wait for you, if you are successful during this recruitment.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

caryn

Post by caryn » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 1:30 am

Hi there.. alright then.. thanks so much for ur advice!
Nevermind, shall use the 1 year period to make better preparations for the interviews! Thank u so much again! :)
singaporegrrl wrote:
I'm sorry dear but you will be wasting your time. If you really want to start early, you might want to go for an interview probably 2-3 months before you graduate. Nov 2007 is too far for them to wait for you, if you are successful during this recruitment.
Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

et

Post by et » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 8:01 am

ladyR wrote:
corines143 wrote: what r we supp to bring with us? i dont see it on the website

cheers
click tis n u can see e dtails my dear....
http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/main ... rderID=271
:D :D :D
I went to the website but nothing was the page, anyone else face the same problem as me? Can anyone enlighten me about the requirements for silkair recruitment? TIA pple! = )

DoveLady

Post by DoveLady » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 9:57 am

Hi et,

Here's the webby and click on the word Here to navigate further. :)

http://www.silkair.com/mbe/en_UK/conten ... WithUs.jsp

SilkAir - Cabin Crew
Full/Part Time Full Time
Location Singapore,
Description

- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

We are looking for female cabin crew with a combination of grace and a warm smile to provide excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including free and discounted travel, profit sharing bonus, annual wage supplement, assistance in further studies, subsidised medical and dental benefits, and attractive flying allowances.

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, come and see us at Meritus Mandarin Singapore, Meeting Room (Level 8), South Tower, Orchard Road between 9am and 4.30pm on 8 or 9 December 2006.

Please bring along your I/C, copies of educational certificates and 2 passport-sized photographs. Previous applicants need not apply.

zura09

Braces again

Post by zura09 » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:34 am

Hey, Im so interested in going for the interview.. but my braces just stop me from doing so.. I would like to know whether even having transparent braces is not advise to go for any of these interview?? advise pls.. thank u

j0Yce

Re: Braces again

Post by j0Yce » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 1:08 pm

zura09 wrote:Hey, Im so interested in going for the interview.. but my braces just stop me from doing so.. I would like to know whether even having transparent braces is not advise to go for any of these interview?? advise pls.. thank u
Hi I'm a newbie here.. I be going for the walk-in on 8 Dec.. any1 else going on tat date too??? I oso kinda worried though.. having alot of breakouts on my forehead... and I gt this BIG pimple on my cheek (seems like taking 4ever 2 heal)...

ladyR
Regular
Regular

Post by ladyR » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 2:13 pm

DoveLady wrote: Previous applicants need not apply.
is tat so true?? or does it mean to those who went during the august walk in... coz i did go during e june walk in (had an interview with dem in may as well), wen dey saw me dey seee 'i see familiar faces as well'. so i guess tat e reason y dun get 2 e 2nd round like i did in may...

joYce wrote:Hi I'm a newbie here.. I be going for the walk-in on 8 Dec.. any1 else going on tat date too??? I oso kinda worried though.. having alot of breakouts on my forehead... and I gt this BIG pimple on my cheek (seems like taking 4ever 2 heal)...
me goin... i guess e previous applicant was not meant 4 me.... :D
well all tis thing get to us wen we r all ready to go 4 e int... breakout appears... hehe! :lol: experience it b4, but like sum1 say make it do a wonder... or mayb u wana cover it wit ur hair...
i'm lovin it! (c'est tout che que j'aime)

et

Post by et » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 2:56 pm

Thank you so much dovelady. But I got a question, they only mention about bringing 2 passport size photos, so we do not have to bring any full body shot pix?

Ireneger

Post by Ireneger » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 6:58 pm

Mnay thanks Singaporerrl! :D
singaporegrrl wrote:
Ireneger wrote:Reali!!! I might be gg but how did u knw abt the recruitment? It seems like Silk Ai rnever update their website :shock:
It's actually on the website already. By the way, if you want to conceal, don't overdo it. They would want to see your natural self as well. The most important thing is to smile alot, be enthusiastic and never be afraid to promote yourself. Your personality is your product, so sell it!

caryn

Post by caryn » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 7:47 pm

Hi

does anyone know what it means when it says "Part Time full time"??

Never seen anything like that before.. Hmmm :-k wonder what it means..
DoveLady wrote:Hi et,

Here's the webby and click on the word Here to navigate further. :)

http://www.silkair.com/mbe/en_UK/conten ... WithUs.jsp

SilkAir - Cabin Crew
Full/Part Time Full Time
Location Singapore,
Description

-
Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 8:42 pm

caryn wrote:Hi

does anyone know what it means when it says "Part Time full time"??
Exactly that, apparently SilkAir has part-time stewardesses, I expect Singaporegrrl will provide more information.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 9:17 pm

I remember MI had this part time arrangement for ex-SQ girls. I doubt it's going to be part time for MI freshies :)

Good luck!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 1:37 pm

Hi Joyce,

Maybe i might be going also. Though i really wish one day to become cabin crew? But did try many times for different airlines. But not successful at all. Perhaps its due to my weight problem. But now, i have the confidence already.

I will still give it a try and see how. If its still unsuccessful for me. I will still not give up yet. Will still keep on improving myself and reflect myself.
Shall we go together on that day (08 December 2006)? As what you mention, asking anyone going on that day?

j0Yce wrote:
zura09 wrote:Hey, Im so interested in going for the interview.. but my braces just stop me from doing so.. I would like to know whether even having transparent braces is not advise to go for any of these interview?? advise pls.. thank u
Hi I'm a newbie here.. I be going for the walk-in on 8 Dec.. any1 else going on tat date too??? I oso kinda worried though.. having alot of breakouts on my forehead... and I gt this BIG pimple on my cheek (seems like taking 4ever 2 heal)...

AureSnow

Post by AureSnow » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 3:12 pm

Hi Singaporegrrl or any existing MI crew,

Wonder whether you're able to share the typical work pattern of a MI crew. Many thanks.

j0Yce

Post by j0Yce » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 3:37 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi Joyce,

Maybe i might be going also. Though i really wish one day to become cabin crew? But did try many times for different airlines. But not successful at all. Perhaps its due to my weight problem. But now, i have the confidence already.

I will still give it a try and see how. If its still unsuccessful for me. I will still not give up yet. Will still keep on improving myself and reflect myself.
Shall we go together on that day (08 December 2006)? As what you mention, asking anyone going on that day?

I am nt so worried abt my weight.. me abt 50kg, & abt 1.64m.. (is it oledi consider overweight for airline crew???) if so.. then i guess i shall feed on carrots & bean sprouts for the next wk or so... HAHAHA!!!!!

I'm most worried abt my BIG PIMPLE on the cheek onli~~~~~ :evil:
Last edited by j0Yce on Wed, 06 Dec 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.