Singapore Expats

ZARA Clothes

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Elf

ZARA Clothes

Post by Elf » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 8:38 pm

Does anyone here wear Zara apparel? Do you experience the clothes shrinking after washes, that includes pants, t-shirts and shirts..?

Charlatan
Regular
Regular

Post by Charlatan » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 8:46 pm

I have a few items from Zara and haven't had any problems with them.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cinder » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 9:15 pm

i have quite handful of zara clothes - only one is shrunk. but to be fair it most likely is my fault - had silk into washing machine (never mind the slowest pace and cold water)

AliceS

Post by AliceS » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 5:23 pm

Hi

I’m arriving in Singapore in 3 weeks from UK, gonna stay for a year and was just wondering are there any Zara shops in Singapore? I am asking because I know they do long jeans, I am quite tall, around 6ft (179meter) but thin (size 8 UK) and am worrying I wont be able to get any clothes in asia:(

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 2:38 am

AliceS wrote:Hi

I’m arriving in Singapore in 3 weeks from UK, gonna stay for a year and was just wondering are there any Zara shops in Singapore? I am asking because I know they do long jeans, I am quite tall, around 6ft (179meter) but thin (size 8 UK) and am worrying I wont be able to get any clothes in asia:(
Don't worry...You will. :D :D
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 9:26 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
AliceS wrote:Hi

Don't worry...You will. :D :D
IF you are lucky. You will find that the majority of boutique shops here primarily cater to the average Asian body. That why expat women have a difficult time find a good range of foundation garments. If you like nice bras without much padding or underwire there are only a few boutique shops and M & S who will bring them in. (again, it's a common complaint on forum threads as to where to buy.) As the average Asian woman will be a lot shorter, they may bring a a very few extreme (by local definition) sizes. You will also have a difficult time finding shoes if your feet are larger than a small western average size. These are very common grouses here. I usually buy several pair of levi's, wranglers or Lee's every time I return to the US because the local versions of the same brands are cut for the average Asian male, which means there is no room in the seat for my broader butt. They are all cut like "small hotels" (for the male that is - you know what I mean I hope).

Course, I'm only a male so wouldn't know too much were to go in the female department. Hopefully, some of the Female regulars may chime in here to help me out......... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:55 am

Oh, sms, you've been reading my posts. :)

Hi Alice - UK8 no problem, you'll be considered plump! Don't be surprised to see size 2 and even 0. The sizes are very confusing - British, American, French, German, Spanish...mostly it's a case of looking for the most likely fit and trying plenty on.

Long legs - big problem, especially if you are young and/or high fashion. I'm only 5'7" but struggle to get jeans long enough to wear with heels. Also finding skirts long enough for my taste. I'm a UK16 though so you'll have much more choice than me, I'm sure.

Shoes - I'm around a UK6/39-40/US8 and do ok; I've heard that anything bigger can be a pain. A friend of mine has a boutique and is looking to bring in bigger sizes - see www.cayen.com.sg (Mods, I know you'll edit if this is not appropriate).

Gap has just come to town; we have Principles, Coast, Top Shop, Dorothy Perkins, Warehouse, Miss Selfridge, Karen Millen, Levis, Mango, Zara, Country Road...and lots of other brands you've probably never heard of. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 4:30 pm

seasider wrote:Oh, sms, you've been reading my posts. :)
As for Cayen, far as I'm concerned this is an expat board catering to things expat (including where to buy hard to find items), and Yes, I do read your posts both here and there! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 5:06 pm

:lol: I was actually referring to the thread on SE about bras...damn, now you know I'm a size 16 with no boobs :o

Bernie75

Post by Bernie75 » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:43 am

I'm only 5'7" but struggle to get jeans long enough to wear with heels. Also finding skirts long enough for my taste. I'm a UK16 though so you'll have much more choice than me, I'm sure.

Ok, I had the SAME problem too but found a REALLY cool pair in Zara last month. Its called 'women jeans', its not in the regular jeans section. The funny thing is, its the same even outside Asia. I tried shopping for jeans in Switzerland & Chicago but the longest they had (in terms of length) is 34, and I wanted 36. Guess previously carried a 36 but not anymore:(

Pants is a problem cos of my height....so Zara and Mango are the only places I can get a nice fit (it doesnt help that Im skinny as well)

Would love long skirts but YET to find any, so do post if you find a long skirts for ladies above 5ft 7in

PS : I too have no problems with clothes from Zara, I dump almost everything in da wash :D

williamw

Post by williamw » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 6:27 am

There are loads of Zara here. One in Orhcard, one in great world city and one is Marina Square. Have i missed out any?

Doutzen

Re: ZARA Clothes

Post by Doutzen » Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:27 pm

Elf wrote:Does anyone here wear Zara apparel? Do you experience the clothes shrinking after washes, that includes pants, t-shirts and shirts..?
I bought a few tops and jeans from ZARA. They never shrunk.
doutzen