Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 6:28 am

Dear Plavt,
I know I had been flaunting my website a little too much and I apologise for that.
However,with regard to what you said here, I am not a fraud. The articles I posted in my blog are true accounts of what has happened.
Btw, which part of London do you live?
London is also one of my favourite cities. I love Picardilly,the shopping at Oxford Street, the Chinese food at Bayswater...... The airline put us up at the Gloucester which happened to be a lovely hotel where one could meet all the famous tennis stars during the Wimbledom tournament. Isn't that right,Plavt?
Regards,
boh tong :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 8:26 am

boh tong wrote:Dear Plavt,
I know I had been flaunting my website a little too much and I apologise for that.
However,with regard to what you said here, I am not a fraud. The articles I posted in my blog are true accounts of what has happened.
Btw, which part of London do you live?
London is also one of my favourite cities. I love Picardilly,the shopping at Oxford Street, the Chinese food at Bayswater...... The airline put us up at the Gloucester which happened to be a lovely hotel where one could meet all the famous tennis stars during the Wimbledom tournament. Isn't that right,Plavt?
Regards,
boh tong :D
Now that wasn't very clever was it? :-k I will let you tell me why?

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 9:01 am

Dear Plavt,

You are not that bad afterall. I sort of quite like you. You English people are nice actually but often misunderstood by others.
I can see you really enjoy your work as a moderator. I must say you are a knowledgeable person and for a person who had never been a cabin crew with SIA, you seems to know a lot.
I shouldn't be disturbing you as I know you are very busy with your work.
Ok then old chap, I will see you around.
Regards,
boh tong.

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 2:24 pm

I can see boh tong is trying hard to prove that he's 'for real'

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

accomodation

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 2:26 pm

I m still trying hard to get a room at the Tampines area before my training commences in Dec.
Seems difficult to get 1 :-|

reef

Re: accomodation

Post by reef » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 3:40 pm

blizz1209 wrote:I m still trying hard to get a room at the Tampines area before my training commences in Dec.
Hi Blizz... I stayed in tampines too.. Tampines is quite near to STC but fyi, there is no direct bus from tampines to STC.

You may try to look for a place in Simei, it's nearer... thou still no direct bus...but you could walk to STC from your Simei flat/apartment by cutting across the private estate of Jalan Pelatok.

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 3:57 pm

thanks corines143 for give this new hope :D
do you know the address that i shoud sent my resume to? will they really contact me? u got try apply like this way before?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: accomodation

Post by blancD » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 6:05 pm

reef wrote:
blizz1209 wrote:I m still trying hard to get a room at the Tampines area before my training commences in Dec.
Hi Blizz... I stayed in tampines too.. Tampines is quite near to STC but fyi, there is no direct bus from tampines to STC.

You may try to look for a place in Simei, it's nearer... thou still no direct bus...but you could walk to STC from your Simei flat/apartment by cutting across the private estate of Jalan Pelatok.
just an average on 10 minutes depends on where u stay!! :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 6:39 pm

Deal all,

Thanks so much for prompt replies.

I have asked my friends around. They all told me it's better to stay at Tampines area coz the place is more happening. That's why i have decided that i must must find a room there.

In case, any of u happens to stay at Tampines, and so happen to see numbers (room for rent) at the bus stops or etc, pls pls pm me.

Thanks a million :lol: .

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 6:43 pm

Haha.. :D

I have just realised that i have promoted from a 'member' to 'regular'!

I m so happy.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:13 am

i also wanna be a regular.. i visit here n chat to ppl everyday ley

Plavt - when can i get my status changed hahahaha
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 2:24 am

corines143 wrote:i also wanna be a regular.. i visit here n chat to ppl everyday ley

Plavt - when can i get my status changed hahahaha
When you have made 50 posts per level it will change until you are just below 'Reporter' for which you need 500 posts and around 500 for every level after that.

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:49 am

thanks corines143
would you mind give me the exact address for the SIA HR dept? if not, i afraid i will sent it to the wrong place and i catnt find it in their webby.

thanks alot

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:41 pm

i got this from their website

[email protected]
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

caryn

which airline's cabin crew wears long sleeve uniform?

Post by caryn » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:18 pm

Hi, I'm new here and have been reading through the threads in this forum for the past month. I'm very keen in the airline career but there's a scar on my forearm (which is quite visible). Having read so many posts, watched several videos and searched for pictures of cabin crews' uniform, I'm still not sure if there are any airlines where cabin crews wear long sleeve uniforms. Only thing i'm very sure is that SIA does not allow visible scars on the forearm. So I know i'm definitely not going to make it to SIA.. :(

Emirates and Japan Airlines' pictures mostly shows their crews in long sleeve jackets and pants, but I have seen some in short sleeves too. Can someone please clarify?

Actually, I'm thinking about getting a scar revision surgery to reduce the visibility of scars but it would cost quite a lot. ($$$)

Heard that if your scars are not visible in uniform, it wouldn't be much of a problem.. that's why I'm asking. Are there any airlines where the cabin crew wears long sleeve uniform?
Hope someone would be able to help answer my questions... :)