Singapore Expats

IS there another recruitment for SIA or ANY other airlines?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Tingle

IS there another recruitment for SIA or ANY other airlines?

Post by Tingle » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 4:24 pm

Hi there,

Anyone knows if there is any more Recruitment for any airlines. I missed the 12 Nov. I do not have confidence, but alot of my friends ask me to try. I also heard that height wise are rather flexible now. i'm only 1.55, but my friend told me, her friend got in when she's shorter then her(my friend 1.58). I want to try emirates, anyone know any openings soon?

THANKS LOTS :)
*life wld be wonderful if my dreams come true..*

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 4:34 pm

are you ready to relocate to DUBAI.

just go to emirates website and send them your resume and full length photograph of yourself.
I did that before and they asked me to attend their interview.

Are you a singaporean?
From my point of view, it is hard to get in if you are shorter than 1.58cm. they are very strict. you can try if u want but there always eliminate ppl very fast.
why dont you just fill up their form, send in a full-length photo of yourself together with your educational certs and sell your way over thru a nice photo.
try it you never know!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Tingle

Post by Tingle » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 5:27 pm

THanks alot!! for the reply.. :)

I really wanna fly. Yes, i'm ready to be relocated. Its my dream to fly. Alot of my friends asked me to try, and i backed out a few times of chance, because of my height. hai.. its kinda sad.

Tingle

Post by Tingle » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 5:28 pm

My,i'm so forgetful, SINGAPORE GIRL, i'm a singaporean. Taking my degree now, and i'm 21 yrs old.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:24 pm

hi there

just try to apply to several airlines
like emirates they pay more than sia... send in your photo and your application and i am sure they will send u a date to attend for the interview. keep trying.. try BA as well. but for BA - british airways, pay is also more than SIA but you must write and read well in chinese and know how to speak cantonese as well.

all the best to you.

ahben1980

Post by ahben1980 » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 1:21 am

I heard tt UAE dun employ Singaporean guys, is tt true?

Tingle

Post by Tingle » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:30 pm

Hi singapore Girl, I just apply emirates online ytd. I have a friend with emirates since last year. She seems to really have fun, she's studious type, and she's not that slim but she got in. But i din hear of any recruitment for emirates this time, but SIA is urgently recruiting. I also have a friend, just started flying with SIA, a Steward, he's the one who keeps asking me to try, and keep me posted of those walk-ins. I'm like so wanting to fly, but super lack of self confidence. KEEP me posted for any other airlines can. THanks a mill :oops:

DoveLady

Post by DoveLady » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 5:23 pm

hmm.. does anyone here have got any idea what are the specific regional flights for United Airlines FA? frm what i heard the routes within asia are HK, Korea, Taiwan, Japan and various cities in indonesia, china & india? Do correct me if i'm wrong.
Meanwhile, are there any layovers for the FAs? TIA~ :)

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:41 pm

Hi!

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble here but I'm 1.57m and I can't even touch the bottom of the poster Emirates makes everyone touch on tiptoes.The 212cm requirement thingy.Maybe I have short hands.Haha.They immediately ousted me when I couldn't reach the 2nd time.

For BA,I was measured at 1.57m and I couldn't even make it to the first interview.What the interviewer told me was they are actually looking at taller girls for the next recruitment,stg like Qantas coz they are expecting a new fleet soon and those planes will be much larger than the current ones.

SIA is one of the international airlines that might give those below 1.58m a chance.The other airline might be GulfAir which only requires 1.56m.GulfAir will require you to relocate to Bahrain.

I haven't tried Qatar yet but the requirements are the same as Emirates.You gotta have an arm reach of 212cm.

I got into Tiger Airways with my height but it's a budget carrier and won't earn you the big bucks if that is what you're looking for.I still think it'd have been a great experience if I accepted the job which I didn't due to work commitments.

These are just some of my personal experiences.I hope it helps anyone who needs to know some stuff about the height issue amongst airlines.

:):):)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:55 am

hi ya all.

yea its true being at least 1.58 is very important.
if you are shorter than too bad. a gal was infront of my queueing for the SIA interview and she didnt even reach the red mark, she was asked to leave. so sad for her..

my friend is 1.58 exactly and they let her thru she was lucky as well she got THru all the rounds... i guess it was due to her chirpy nature as well.
she was not scared or shy. she just tried to talk as much as she can and on the topic of airline.. you just gotta talk in a way that relates to airline industry. that will give you more chances. the sad thing is everytime we are outst we are never told WHY and we queue up for so long.. sighhh

but keep trying dont give up!!

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:26 pm

SIA is very strict in height.

My friend's height is a borderline case. She managed to get through till the kebaya fitting round. However,she was booted out after the height measuring. They alwaz measure your height & weight at the kebaya fitting & water confidence.

ahduly

Post by ahduly » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:08 am

You might wanna go to >>this website<<. They seem to have quite updated airline recruitment news

yannie

Post by yannie » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 7:53 pm

i guess SIA is rather strict in height. i heard from my friend who went for interview on 12 nov. she told me that they will look at you and gauge your height after looking at the height of your heels.
than if they think you are not tall enough they will ask you to take off your shoes and measure your height. my friend told me alot of the peeps that was around her was eliminated even before they could hand in the registeration form because of their height.

love_planes

Post by love_planes » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:58 pm

RFA in United flies mainly to Hong Kong and Narita,Japan. At times they do Bangkok and Seoul flights to help out the crew in Bangkok. But for Seoul is a ding dong flight meaning you only gets to see the airport, you don't get a layover in Seoul. In the near future there might be more places to go to maybe Taipei, but all is not clear yet, as the base just reopened in July. Good luck guys, keep trying for the job you want, if you want it bad enough eventually you will get the job. But first you have to build up your self confident and just be yourself.

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 2:26 pm

corines143 wrote: british airways, pay is also more than SIA
I

I doubt that.