Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:47 pm

fresh7up wrote:Hello zic

How old are you by the way? As regard to how you doesn't fare good enough in your 1st interview well at least you got through the 2nd one. It must have been hard for those who had queued for long hours since 8 morning just to get booted out after self introduction.

And I guess dressing plays a part too right? 1st impression counts. Like the way you combed your hair. The way you tied your tie (if you're wearing any) and maybe the choice of design of the tie as well. Does it match your shirt. Belt and shoes of the same color. No color contacts. Right down to your teeth. Are they white or yellow? Cuff links design. Your fingernails. Do you have eyebags and so on...

Wow to think about it, it must have been hard to be an air steward... :shock:
Hi fresh7up,

Well i'm in my late twenties... well yea was mentally prepared to get booted out in the first round actually...

I forgot to wear my belt today... so I guess they didn't notice. Rule of thumb I guess is to give them as little reason to fault your dressing as possible :)

May be hard to be an air steward, but equally if not more difficult to be chosen, cos of the competition, lots of guys today ... that's the shocking part for me haha :shock:

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:54 pm

Hmm.. It's not really compulsory 2 swim with back-stroke. But it's so much easier to move/swim with back-strode. Pls bear in mind that u r gonna wear the life vest. I have seen 1 or 2 gals who tried 2 swim with breast-stroke, they swim with great difficulty when the life vest almost cover their face & was trying to hold their head up 2 catch their breath. Trust me, they didn't look good & pretty embarrassed.

That's my previous experience & hope it helps. :wink:
Hi blizz1209 - thanks for the reply

From what I think, with back-stroke you can actually hang on to a passenger that doesn't know how to swim. If you're breast-stroking you're saving yourself.

Haha zic - try again next year. Maybe in April, my wild guess.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:01 pm

APRIL - are u sure?

I tot SIA holds their interviews every mth. next mth i heard they are going out station to recruit.. does anyone know where? HK ? MSIA? UK?

anyway yea it is really important to be prepared. i went with eye bags and didnt reealise it until i came out... and i didnt really ans the ques cos i was stunned at a different ques they threw at me.. it wasnt to self-intro...gosh... but then again its a good experience to keep going and trying any airline interview..

anyone mind to tell me whether BA or other airlines are recruiting soon?
i wanna go try as well.

thanks
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:05 pm

corines143 wrote:APRIL - are u sure?

I tot SIA holds their interviews every mth. next mth i heard they are going out station to recruit.. does anyone know where? HK ? MSIA? UK?

thanks
It's my wild guess. Yea maybe they have recruiting program every month but it's not always our (Singapore citizens) turn right...

zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:42 pm

fresh7up wrote:
Yea will try again at their next intake if i don't get it this year... :wink:

edit: fresh7up did you go down for a try today ?

Puppy

Post by Puppy » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:45 am

Hi bbkangaroo,

Thank you for your PM. I am very encouraged by it. :)

I would like to send u a PM, but can't use the feature yet.

So you are having your training now?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:56 am

Jencrs,
Please check your PM.

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 6:01 am

zicron wrote:
fresh7up wrote:

No. I haven't try it yet. My sister and friends are giving me the encouragement to go since last year but I'm not prepared. Maybe next year, God's willing.

A couple of my friends are in. The other one are undergoing training at STC. :)

zicron

Post by zicron » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 8:40 am

fresh7up wrote:
zicron wrote:
fresh7up wrote:

No. I haven't try it yet. My sister and friends are giving me the encouragement to go since last year but I'm not prepared. Maybe next year, God's willing.

A couple of my friends are in. The other one are undergoing training at STC. :)
Well then all the best :)

boh tong

My reply to Zicron's Question.

Post by boh tong » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:17 am

Zicron, Thanks for your reply. I do not need to rephrase what I stated ealier. No wonder you were not successful at the second round because the interviewer could have sensed your "ya ya" attitude.
It is the "..way you seat..." you said. It should be the way you SIT,please.
To be a steward, you need to be humble....thats the quality SIA look for too

zicron

Re: My reply to Zicron's Question.

Post by zicron » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:22 am

boh tong wrote:Zicron, Thanks for your reply. I do not need to rephrase what I stated ealier. No wonder you were not successful at the second round because the interviewer could have sensed your "ya ya" attitude.
It is the "..way you seat..." you said. It should be the way you SIT,please.
To be a steward, you need to be humble....thats the quality SIA look for too
mm... :-k lol didn't ask you to repost again .. well nvm thanks for the correction again :) shouldn't have rephrased for you i guess... apologies

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:28 am

corines143 wrote:APRIL - are u sure?

anyway yea it is really important to be prepared. i went with eye bags and didnt reealise it until i came out... and i didnt really ans the ques cos i was stunned at a different ques they threw at me.. it wasnt to self-intro...gosh... but then again its a good experience to keep going and trying any airline interview..

anyone mind to tell me whether BA or other airlines are recruiting soon?
i wanna go try as well.

thanks
Hi,
United Airlines are recruiting here in Singapore. I think the deadline was the 11 Nov. but you can go check their website at United Airlines, Singapore. I haven't heard about when they are shortlisting candidates for interviews, but it should be this week. :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:31 am

Zicron, Seriously, SIA does Not recruit people who are the " kay Kiyan" or "ya ya" type and the interviewers are very talented in sniffing these people out. So, act humble at least and beat the system.
Good luck! 8-)

zicron

Post by zicron » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:36 am

boh tong wrote:Zicron, Seriously, SIA does Not recruit people who are the " kay Kiyan" or "ya ya" type and the interviewers are very talented in sniffing these people out. So, act humble at least and beat the system.
Good luck! 8-)
oic... so you are one of the interviewers? any other advise?

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:38 am

Used to be...if you read my earlier thread or go to my profile...Zicron