Singapore Expats

Shertaon Tower - interview today 12th Nov

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Shertaon Tower - interview today 12th Nov

Post by corines143 » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 8:56 pm

hi all.

pls give your experience today at the interview.. we would all like to know and learn from it..

what questions were asked and did u get thru?

cheers!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:15 pm

hi corrine,

zic here, sorry couldn't reply to your pm cos I entered a wrong email address ... anyways not too sure about the criterias for stewardess, haha... for the air steward first round they did not ask any questions only just to intro ourselves ... but i did include why i wanted to become an air steward in my intro, which i guess forced the rest of the group to include it as well :oops:

looking at the number of applicants today, i'm sure they have the luxury to pick the best of the best ... so can't blame them for being choosy right? after all they are the number 1 airline :)

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:00 pm

zicron wrote:hi corrine,

zic here, sorry couldn't reply to your pm cos I entered a wrong email address ... anyways not too sure about the criterias for stewardess, haha... for the air steward first round they did not ask any questions only just to intro ourselves ... but i did include why i wanted to become an air steward in my intro, which i guess forced the rest of the group to include it as well :oops:

looking at the number of applicants today, i'm sure they have the luxury to pick the best of the best ... so can't blame them for being choosy right? after all they are the number 1 airline :)
Hi zic (again hehe)

Couldn't stop tailing you. I just wanted to know more. You mean you're the first person to self-intro?
You mentioned in the other thread that there's alot of male applicants today. I guess it's no suprising since SIA hires more stewardess in comparison to stewards.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:24 pm

no la i am not the first to self intro. i meant my group didnt get to self intro..
they threw us some other question

zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:39 pm

fresh7up wrote:
zicron wrote:hi corrine,

Hi zic (again hehe)

Couldn't stop tailing you. I just wanted to know more. You mean you're the first person to self-intro?
You mentioned in the other thread that there's alot of male applicants today. I guess it's no suprising since SIA hires more stewardess in comparison to stewards.
Hi fresh7up,
No worries.. Yeah like somebody says it's the Singapore Girl...not the Singapore Boy ahaha >.< ... dun mind the pun :P

Hi Corrine,

Well care to share the questions they asked your group?... I guess stewardess interview is different from the stewards :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:14 am

oh actually the ques are very easy but wasnt mentally prepared and could see we all stumbled cos we were expecting only self intro

- why do u want to be a flight attendante and what r your qualities that will suit this job?

zicron

Post by zicron » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:07 am

corines143 wrote:oh actually the ques are very easy but wasnt mentally prepared and could see we all stumbled cos we were expecting only self intro

- why do u want to be a flight attendante and what r your qualities that will suit this job?
oh hmm.. I got this question in the 2nd round...

well I guess you will be prepared for this in your next try ? all the best :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 9:27 am

yeai guess i will be prepared... just have to go thru these few question i guess hehe

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:13 am

Hi there..

was in group 5, made through the 1st round but was axed out due to inability to produce my diploma cert or a transcript at least.. only have the results slips and they wont accept it.. my spm was crap and that didn't help either..

sigh.. well at least the experience was worth while.. anyone have any idea when and where the next opening is going to be held?

cheers..

p/s - did anyone from here make it?

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 3:27 pm

Group FIVE? What time did you arrive, may I ask?

The queue was horrendous. Probably a record number of applicants? And there were sooo many guys. Amazing.
indcisive wrote:Hi there..

was in group 5, made through the 1st round but was axed out due to inability to produce my diploma cert or a transcript at least.. only have the results slips and they wont accept it.. my spm was crap and that didn't help either..

sigh.. well at least the experience was worth while.. anyone have any idea when and where the next opening is going to be held?

cheers..

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 3:48 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:Group FIVE? What time did you arrive, may I ask?

The queue was horrendous. Probably a record number of applicants? And there were sooo many guys. Amazing.
indcisive wrote:Hi there..

cheers..

Indeed you may.. was there even before the registration begin.. before 9am.. around 830-845 if im not mistaken..

yeap, i noticed the number of guys and im one of em :) How did you fare? If i may ask?

chows99

Post by chows99 » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 9:18 pm

haiz, i was there to give my best shot, but once i stepped into the room, my heart pumped faster n i got stage fright ... although my opening is pretty good, i did not end on a high note.

In our grp, only 2 went thru, 1 indian(went thru 2nd rd with qatar airways) n 1 malay(from SATS).