Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fresh7up

Re: Hello to all the potentials :)

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 6:46 pm

zic wrote:Wow was really crowded even though I arrived today at 8:30 :shock: but they cleared the queue relatively fast.... managed to get past the first round to the 2nd round *ding ding*.. the 1v1 interview.. but dun think i made the cut cos the interviewer didn't hand me any white paper after that... just told me to wait for a letter (most prob a reject letter hee) ...anyway was my first time and an eye opener :o wouldn't say that it is intimidating either ... anyways for future potential air stewards pls come in a neutral coloured shirt (white?), pants and tie... have a neat hair cut.. no blondies.. and if you wear glasses try to wear contacts if possible, this is for the first round... can't help with the 2nd round tho hehe...

edit: silly me... not being racist here or anything... "no blondies" ...of course unless your're a natural blondie 8-)
Hi zic! So what's the common question they ask for the 1st round of interview.

I heard from a friend who went for the mid-year intake that you must use back-stroke during the swimming test. Is it true? Can we use other strokes instead?

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:01 pm

Can someone please tell me why is it I can't pm anybody here? Corines, a member posed me a question and I tried to reply her in this forum,it said " this feature is restricted as you have not post sufficient subjects" or something to that effect.
boh tong.
BTW who was that Platz who called itself "Moderator"?...he chewed me up for having bad English.

zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:04 pm

Hi fresh7up,

1st round is just a 1-2 min intro of yourself ... but my guess is a few other factors are taken into account, cos the interviewers were marking off a list on their paper and imho i didn't think i did too well in my intro either, others did better than i ... so gives you a few things to think about doesn't it hmm :?

edit: oh ya i'm zic... changed to a wrong email address for my previous account ... can the mods help me delete off that account? ..thx :oops:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:09 pm

zicron wrote:Hi fresh7up,

edit: oh ya i'm zic... changed to a wrong email address for my previous account ... can the mods help me delete off that account? ..thx :oops:
:???: Care to explain? You won't be able to PM me at the moment as you need to make 5 posts before your PM function will work.

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:09 pm

I think, in my honest opinion, don't mean to hurt anybody's feeling, the interviewers were not impressed with either your looks or the way you spoke.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:12 pm

boh tong wrote:I think, in my honest opinion, don't mean to hurt anybody's feeling, the interviewers were not impressed with either your looks or the way you spoke.
I think interviewers would be impressed with the way somebody speaks as long as it meets their criteria whatever that may be.
Last edited by Plavt on Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:12 pm

Mr. Plavt or Ms Plavt,
Thanks for your prompt reply to my question regarding the PM subject.
Now, I understand.
Thank you,
boh tong.

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:14 pm

Mr/Ms Plavt,
You are absolutely right.
boh tong.

zicron

Post by zicron » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:26 pm

Hi Plavt,

changed username "zic" email address in the profile and my account got de-activated .. and so happens that the email address is incorrect :oops: deadlock huh ...

Hey boh tong,

I have to admit some truth in what you said (like I said don't think I did too well for my intro as others did a much better intro of themselves.. but I still got thru first round), but I think your statement could do with some rephrasing, try this: the way you look, talk, your posture, even the way you seat plays a part in interviewer's criteria?

hows that :) not too frank ya :P

p.s. moderator == administrator...somebody who can delete your account with just a click of a mouse :P :P

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Re: Hello to all the potentials :)

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:28 pm

I heard from a friend who went for the mid-year intake that you must use back-stroke during the swimming test. Is it true? Can we use other strokes instead?[/quote]

Hmm.. It's not really compulsory 2 swim with back-stroke. But it's so much easier to move/swim with back-strode. Pls bear in mind that u r gonna wear the life vest. I have seen 1 or 2 gals who tried 2 swim with breast-stroke, they swim with great difficulty when the life vest almost cover their face & was trying to hold their head up 2 catch their breath. Trust me, they didn't look good & pretty embarrassed.

That's my previous experience & hope it helps. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:32 pm

boh tong wrote:Can someone please tell me why is it I can't pm anybody here? Corines, a member posed me a question and I tried to reply her in this forum,it said " this feature is restricted as you have not post sufficient subjects" or something to that effect.
boh tong.
BTW who was that Platz who called itself "Moderator"?...he chewed me up for having bad English.
Moderator means; I moderate the forum which means; I can edit, delete or move posts and I do have the right to ban people should the need arise. :o As for the remark about your English that contains a hidden message, I suggest you think about it, the 'answer' is very simple.

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Moderator?

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:37 pm

Dear Plavt,

May i know how to be a 'moderator' in this forum? And what does it really mean? As i have noticed majority of people are either 'crewbie' or 'member'. And you are the only one with 'moderator'.

Mind solving my curiousity?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
blizz

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:40 pm

Hi Plavt,

I am sorry because I do mean what I said. There wasn't any hidden message. I am not well educated because in the old days my parents could not afford to feed us ( me and my sibblings) let alone gave us an education.
My humble apologies if I have offended you.
Boh Tong.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:53 pm

Blizz1209,
Please see your PM.

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:39 pm

Hello zic

How old are you by the way? As regard to how you doesn't fare good enough in your 1st interview well at least you got through the 2nd one. It must have been hard for those who had queued for long hours since 8 morning just to get booted out after self introduction.

And I guess dressing plays a part too right? 1st impression counts. Like the way you combed your hair. The way you tied your tie (if you're wearing any) and maybe the choice of design of the tie as well. Does it match your shirt. Belt and shoes of the same color. No color contacts. Right down to your teeth. Are they white or yellow? Cuff links design. Your fingernails. Do you have eyebags and so on...

Wow to think about it, it must have been hard to be an air steward... :shock: