Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Re: Msg to Antispy

Post by anti_spy999 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:41 pm

Plavt wrote: #-o As I have said elsewhere take no notice of anit_spy999, like ryanstarr (who incidently was a flight attendant) said "have you ever seen an interviewer write like that?"
I am a student doing a survey and i requested from them to allow me to be 1 of the interviewer. That's how i become their interviewer for that entire month... *gosh*

Come to think of it and you guys thought i am a FT interviewer... *OMG*

@Plavt, If you do not like to read what i post, then move on and stop grating on me as if i am a troll!!! :mad:

You are a moderator and should not be critising other members' posts. Oh well, you are from Uk and Uk are well known for their "dry" jokes... No wonder
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:51 pm

Ok, some pics for you guys...

SIA Training Centre Swimming Pool:

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Msg to Antispy

Post by Plavt » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:57 pm

I am a student doing a survey and i requested from them to allow me to be 1 of the interviewer. That's how i become their interviewer for that entire month... *gosh*

Come to think of it and you guys thought i am a FT interviewer... *OMG*

@Plavt, If you do not like to read what i post, then move on and stop grating on me as if i am a troll!!! :mad:

You are a moderator and should not be critising other members' posts. Oh well, you are from Uk and Uk are well known for their "dry" jokes... No wonder
The trouble is you are little more than a troll since it does not take me more than about two seconds to see how pathetic your written English is. The fact that I am a moderator in no way disbars me from criticizing posters' post. In fact there are a few who find my comments helpful. Now unfortunately for you some of the airline executive's have written to me on this site, in fact they watch regularly, and they would never behave the way you are now.

I think you are a sad individual who lives in a fantasy, has poor social skills and simply cannot offer anything constructive since it is you who is now 'grating' on my nationality. My advice take a chill-pill or two mate.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS: You really should learn how to spell and post pictures

cowie

Post by cowie » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 5:23 pm

hi cabbage_girl..

maybe u wanna go give another try..
no harm tryin.. coz i heard oct's intake abit strict.. that's y nov got another intake so soon..
durin kebaya fittin.. e person told us it's okie to find a fittin one.. coz it is not tailor made for us.. it's from ex crew so we definately cannot find a fittin one.. told us to just wear one because they only want to see how we look in kebaya..

dun feel so demoralised.. jiayou k.. :)

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 5:53 pm

anti_spy999: So..... where's the black tiles, man-made waves and black curtains? I've done the SEP a few times in the pool and I've never seen black tiles or curtains, and the only man-made waves that those made by the people splashing about, but I'm sure you're telling the truth.

And I've never heard of students conducting SIA interviews for a month for a survey they're doing, which isn't to say it has never happened, so I'm sure you're telling the truth here as well.

Still, I am curious about what you've posted. So if you would give me some details, not of yourself, but of the person who officially put you up as an interviewer for a month, I'd like to find out a little more of this practice on my own. I'm sure that everything was done legitimately and therefore you have nothing to hide, so it shouldn't be a problem divulging this information. You can even PM me if you like.

Post by 156 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 7:22 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:Ok, some pics for you guys...

SIA Training Centre Swimming Pool:

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Thanks for the pics! So...what will the cabin crew wear to jump into the water for this training? kebaya? haha...or need to wear own swimsuit? really curious...

Jayce

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by Jayce » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 8:50 pm

Plavt wrote:
Jayce wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.
Hi Elizabeth,

You said something about being multi-lingual. What kind of languages are more often used? Are they like very fluent? What about yourself? Care to share more with respect to that?

Jayce
Welcome to the board Jayce, the post by Elizabeth is very old and pops up every so long like a bad smell spouting off exactly the same words. Personally I wouldn't take too much notice since it's written like an airline advertisement. The last time I saw that post was over a year ago! :o :???:
I did not realise the date was so long ago! Perhaps I just got too engross with the readings!

leonine

Post by leonine » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 9:34 pm

thank you girls for the encouragement but somehow i feel too fat to go. and i'm suddenly have a breakout. argh

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:20 am

Hi

If what anti spy said is true, I would rather not go to the interview at all now.

The whole image of SIA revolves around the SIngapore Girl. So whoever they select and how they select is a very crucial step in keeping the high standards.

Has anyone ever wondered why then, would they allow a student who can't even spell right to have a say who gets to be the next singapore girl and have a close hand look at a very sensitive interview process.

I don't think they will allow the media to see what goes on even. Pictures can easily be found on the net, you dont have to be from sia to actually have them.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:25 am

anti_spy999 wrote:Ok, the swimming pool is covered with black tiles and man made wave and thick black curtains were used to scare all the wits out from all cabin crew members.

HELLO MISTER, what black tiles black curtains??? Now 7 months already passed liao!!! Save your ghost story for your grandkids la!!

anti_spy999 wrote:During the water confidence test, I have seen 1 interviewee who acted so brave but when her turn comes, she closed her eyes and jumped and screamed so loudly all the way till she reached the water and she trashed wildly in the water (still screaming) and she was being axed off immediately. When i asked her why she scream, she told me that she was scared stiff that her lifevest will burst. :lol:
Yeah and that person is you...!
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:26 am

anti_spy999 wrote:Ok, the swimming pool is covered with black tiles and man made wave and thick black curtains were used to scare all the wits out from all cabin crew members.
HELLO MISTER, what black tiles black curtains??? Now 7 months already passed liao!!! Save your ghost story for your grandkids la!!

anti_spy999 wrote:During the water confidence test, I have seen 1 interviewee who acted so brave but when her turn comes, she closed her eyes and jumped and screamed so loudly all the way till she reached the water and she trashed wildly in the water (still screaming) and she was being axed off immediately. When i asked her why she scream, she told me that she was scared stiff that her lifevest will burst. :lol:
Yeah and that person is you...!
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

zic

Hello to all the potentials :)

Post by zic » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 3:06 pm

Wow was really crowded even though I arrived today at 8:30 :shock: but they cleared the queue relatively fast.... managed to get past the first round to the 2nd round *ding ding*.. the 1v1 interview.. but dun think i made the cut cos the interviewer didn't hand me any white paper after that... just told me to wait for a letter (most prob a reject letter hee) ...anyway was my first time and an eye opener :o wouldn't say that it is intimidating either ... anyways for future potential air stewards pls come in a neutral coloured shirt (white?), pants and tie... have a neat hair cut.. no blondies.. and if you wear glasses try to wear contacts if possible, this is for the first round... can't help with the 2nd round tho hehe...

edit: silly me... not being racist here or anything... "no blondies" ...of course unless your're a natural blondie 8-)

boh tong

SIA cabin crew interview from a veteran's perspective.

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 3:35 pm

I used to conduct such interviews,hundreds of them and i do know that if u dont receive a slip of paper from the interviewer after yr 2nd round, u are unsucessful. But u never know cos SIA may call u back or u can keep applying until u are successful. SIA is terribly short of crew. It needs at 1,000 in the next 1 yr. Good luck guys!
Cheers!
Boh Tong. you all can visit me at http://bohtong.blogspot.com to get an idea of how the stewarding job is like.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: SIA cabin crew interview from a veteran's perspective.

Post by Plavt » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 4:54 pm

boh tong wrote:I used to conduct such interviews,hundreds of them andi do know that if u dont receive a slip of paper from the interviewer after yr 2nd round, u are unsucessful. But u never know cos SIA may call u back or u can keep applying until u are successful. SIA is terribly short of crew. It needs at 1,000 in the next 1 yr. Good luck guys!
Cheers!
Boh Tong. you all can visit me at http://bohtong.blogspot.com to get an idea of how the stewarding job is like.
The sentence highlighted above is supposition since procedures and policies change and I doubt very much if you conducted any interview anywhere especially when you write English like that!

In addition your blogspot is nothing more than a collection of stories which may or not be true but I would have some doubts as none of them are signed. Would you happen to be anti_spy999 by any chance?

boh tong

Post by boh tong » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 6:23 pm

Oops! I know my English is not that good because I do not have much education. Remember I was only a steward. Well I don't sign because I want to be unknown. Trust me because I know what I am talking about. Yes, my blog is a collection of stories and you a freedom of choice to believe me or not.
I appreciate you taking your time to comment on my blog,albeit in a negative manner.
No, I am not that anti spy because I just registered with this forum about 5 hours ago.
Hope you would forgive me for my poor standard of English.
B.T.