Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:51 pm

tanjhj wrote:
vitamins wrote:hihi.. not sure if u all noe about this.... if i get rhinoplasty job.. and wanna do alarplasty / alar reduction later, how long do i have to wait after the 1st rhino job?

should have done it straight after the Rhino, however if need to go for alar, the recommended period is 3-12 mths after the rhino or when the nose swelling has subsided. this is to ensure the doctor does a really neat job. ALso Alar is irrevisible thus got to be careful..
Mine was the other way around.....I did my alarplasty first then 2 days later I did my rhinoplasty. Dr. Jung didn't think it was a problem.....but dunno if u get rhino first do u have to wait longer to do ur alar reduction?

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:55 pm

tanjhj wrote:After going thru numerous website on Rhinoplastry and implants, i more or less starts to get clearer and clearer pic of how rhinoplastry really is and the difference between various implants and how it works on various nose shape.

For asian, L shape implant dun really suit the asian face due to the lack of brow to joint the high nasal bridge. furthermore, asian nose mostly lacks flesh at the tip (protruding sense, not width) thus it is not suitable for a high bridge nose. I start to understand why Dr Sukit insistent of Using I shape implant which is easier to operate, longer lasting and also there is very little risk of breakage. imagine if the nose is hit by a force big enough directly, the L shape implant will break resulting in extra injury and op is needed to redo the implant. However for I shape, the chances of it breaking is much lower as there is no point of weakness. Furthermore, it can help in absorbing the impact, unlike the L shape implant.

Looks wise, I shape implant would look natural on asian as it just simply add some height to the nose living the tip untouch in its natural looking state. In fact most unnatural looking nose job that u saw are those that uses L shape implant. L shape implant makes the nose too straight and smooth plus it pushes the tip of the nose higher, resulting in most of the people with bigger looking nostril.. eeks

However the Best surgery method, as recommended by DR JUng - Asia No1 Nose Surgeon, is to have a I implant followed by using your own tissues for the construction of the tip. The result is the same as in L shape implant but with much lesser risk of breakage and longer lasting nose. (Highly recommended for those that want to have long long lasting nose job) It ensure that the doc create something that will work harmoniously with the patients face plus retain and incorporate that persons ethnicity into the final nose

Note: the abv research does not include L shape Goretex, as i have yet to find 1 feedback or report on L shape Goretex. even with L Shape Goretex or silicone implant, Tip construction using ur own tissues is still needed to protect and defined the nose tip.
If you have an L shaped implant won't the tip of your nose be really hard and unnatural if someone touches it? Dr. Jung doesn't use L shaped goretex because I think it has the same risk of extrusion as silicone......

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Re: nose job

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 2:58 pm

tanjhj wrote:
yen2006 wrote:Hi,
anyone heard of KALO Cosmetic Surgery clinic in JB?

I have a friend went there for a Korean style nose job(Goretex)

cost only abt sin $2300.

Done by Dr Yap who does PS in KL & JB.

Consultation is abt sin $20+

:P
too expensive.. almot twice taiwan cost.. btw, other than goretex, what did the doc do for ur friend? got graft her ear to make her nose tip?

tanjhj,
if air ticket for Taiwan & accomadation+Nose job about how much? Less than $2300???

Btw if not done well, return to Taiwan for reversion will cost how much?

:)

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 3:06 pm

tanjhj wrote:

cost only abt sin $2300.

too expensive.. almot twice taiwan cost.. btw, other than goretex, what did the doc do for ur friend? got graft her ear to make her nose tip?

tanjhj,
I'm not sure as I just gave the consultant a call yesterday.Will go to JB for cosultation end of this month, the clinic is very next to Crystal Crown hotel which is abt 15mins from Singapore causeway if without jam.

rgds

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:42 pm

voix wrote:i've send an email on some problems to dr su. the thing is i used simplified chinese and i typed directly into the hotmail message area. it's been about a week and till now no replies from them yet. is there anything i'm doing wrong?
post at her forum will get betta response, u can translate english to chinese at babelfish and post it at her forum. her response to her forum is abt 1 day. also, u can call her clinic using idd during afternoon taiwan's time. not expensive at all.
Last edited by tanjhj on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:53 pm

yen2006 wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

cost only abt sin $2300.

tanjhj,
I'm not sure as I just gave the consultant a call yesterday.Will go to JB for cosultation end of this month, the clinic is very next to Crystal Crown hotel which is abt 15mins from Singapore causeway if without jam.

rgds
Someone posted Kalo at flowerpod. but she is going to the KL one.
go ahead if u think Kalo is good and come back with a detailed review :D . for me, i trust the skill of a reviewed taiwan PS more than a non-reviewed one... for a cost at taiwan for a rhino plus 1 week stay and tix = $2,300 (1k is for tix, hotel and food and transport) however i get to enjoy and tour taiwan for 5 days 8-) . of coz if the doc did a screwed job, the revision will be more ex for taiwan's case (another 1k). however i see slim chance of a need for revision if the doctor skills is good and trustable.

well, one man's meat may be anothers woman's poison and vice versa. :lol:

for me, i see from diff prospective as i value creditbility and track record of the PS more than cost a PS charges..

OF coz, if yen's doc has proven reviews and skill which is comparable to taiwan's doc, i would consider go to yen's one.
Last edited by tanjhj on Sat, 11 Nov 2006 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:02 pm

yen2006 wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

cost only abt sin $2300.

tanjhj,
if air ticket for Taiwan & accomadation+Nose job about how much? Less than $2300???

Btw if not done well, return to Taiwan for reversion will cost how much?

:)
yen,

if possible, kindly tell me if the doc got graft her body tissue to do the tip as i asked in the earlier post. the reason is very simple. KOrean style nose essense is the skill of the doctor in creating a good looking nose tip and bridge. it is not abt using goretex instead of silicone.

thus a good and real korean style doc will create a natural looking yet prominent nose just like the korean actress's and actor's, even when the pre-op nose is like jackie chan's or flat.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:15 pm

Hannah Lee wrote:
tanjhj wrote:After going thru numerous website on Rhinoplastry and implants, i more or less starts to get clearer and clearer pic of how rhinoplastry really is and the difference between various implants and how it works on various nose shape.

For asian, L shape implant dun really suit the asian face due to the lack of brow to joint the high nasal bridge. furthermore, asian nose mostly lacks flesh at the tip (protruding sense, not width) thus it is not suitable for a high bridge nose. I start to understand why Dr Sukit insistent of Using I shape implant which is easier to operate, longer lasting and also there is very little risk of breakage. imagine if the nose is hit by a force big enough directly, the L shape implant will break resulting in extra injury and op is needed to redo the implant. However for I shape, the chances of it breaking is much lower as there is no point of weakness. Furthermore, it can help in absorbing the impact, unlike the L shape implant.

Looks wise, I shape implant would look natural on asian as it just simply add some height to the nose living the tip untouch in its natural looking state. In fact most unnatural looking nose job that u saw are those that uses L shape implant. L shape implant makes the nose too straight and smooth plus it pushes the tip of the nose higher, resulting in most of the people with bigger looking nostril.. eeks

However the Best surgery method, as recommended by DR JUng - Asia No1 Nose Surgeon, is to have a I implant followed by using your own tissues for the construction of the tip. The result is the same as in L shape implant but with much lesser risk of breakage and longer lasting nose. (Highly recommended for those that want to have long long lasting nose job) It ensure that the doc create something that will work harmoniously with the patients face plus retain and incorporate that persons ethnicity into the final nose

Note: the abv research does not include L shape Goretex, as i have yet to find 1 feedback or report on L shape Goretex. even with L Shape Goretex or silicone implant, Tip construction using ur own tissues is still needed to protect and defined the nose tip.
If you have an L shaped implant won't the tip of your nose be really hard and unnatural if someone touches it? Dr. Jung doesn't use L shaped goretex because I think it has the same risk of extrusion as silicone......
Hannah,

u has a good knowledge of what a good rhinoplastry is. If u see a unnatural looking nose that look like he has a thick stuff up his nose and asked if he/she has used a L shape implant, most likely, that person would say yes. plz visit the below link which i posted earlier for a real picture of why i discourage L shape implant. that guy's nose look angmoh's and unatural.

http://www.cosmetic-clinic.com.tw/Default.asp?page=5

and please go to the bottom of the below website to see a good nose job done using I and tissues grafted from his ear.. how natural looking, w/o that "you-got-a-stick-stuff-up-ur-nose" look.
http://www.face.dbodm.com/index.php?act ... egoryID=63

L shape implant dun suit most of the asian (some do) is becoz it makes the tip of the asian pointing north, thus ,unless one has a good nose tip, a L shape implant will make the nose look piggy and unatural. Dr sukit ,only does I shape implant, has his own good reason and principle. i guess he doesnt want his patient's nose looking fake and has higher risk of extrusion and side effect. I believe he has a good reason for refusing to do certain ops on the patient even the patient insisted. some money minded doc will just do what the patient demanded knowing that what the patient thought is "good" looking is incorrect.

Also, not everyone needed alar as stated by Dr Jung in one of his posting.

gartheven2000

Post by gartheven2000 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 1:59 am

hi tanjhj thanks for ur taiwan links....

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 3:44 am

gartheven2000 wrote:hi tanjhj thanks for ur taiwan links....
no prob. i want to have a nose like Rain or another Full House Actor. hehehe :o

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by babyevil85 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:35 am

tanjhj wrote:
Tanjhj , may i ask u whether Gortex is good or silicon + earn bone is better ?
can u give me some suggestion becuase June I will be going to taiwan myself Or + ( people) together for surgery

and L shape really does't suit asia FacE ? can u explain more becuase i wanted to know more.

If my tip is too flat and the wide of my nose is too Big how can i reduce it , alar or something to do with it ? pls tell me ...

only I shape can be done or anything els to let it look natural ??
I shape give what kinda result if it inserted ? tell me more pls :D

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

Re: hihi babyevil and those interested in taiwan

Post by babyevil85 » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:37 am

gartheven2000 wrote:Taiwan might be a good choice. Why not we do the research on taiwan first on the eyelid and rhino and work out which doctors to go, things to do and airtrip, hotel blah blah first. Then summarize it in a word file. it'll be more convincing for other potential PS pple to join in the taiwan trip. Going in groups is definitely far better and cheaper lor.

Btw babyevil care to meet up sometime? i am very interested in eyelid and rhinoplasty too. Maybe can set up a meeting wif everyone here interested in doing PS and those who want to go taiwan: to discuss abt more concrete plans and course of action.

gartheven2000 Sure we can meet up and talk :D i am open But if u wanted to ask other's to join i guess it will not happen becuase alot of people here Are not open and it will never happen , why not u Pm me ur contact and we discusss more on phone and next year trip ?

IS it ok for u ? :D
After i found more about the nose i will get ready to go for taiwan at june :D

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: hi

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:40 am

babyevil85 wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
Tanjhj , may i ask u whether Gortex is good or silicon + earn bone is better ?
can u give me some suggestion becuase June I will be going to taiwan myself Or + ( people) together for surgery

and L shape really does't suit asia FacE ? can u explain more becuase i wanted to know more.

If my tip is too flat and the wide of my nose is too Big how can i reduce it , alar or something to do with it ? pls tell me ...

only I shape can be done or anything els to let it look natural ??
I shape give what kinda result if it inserted ? tell me more pls :D
alar is for nostril size reduction not to reduce the size much. L shape is not really suitable for asian face. I shape suit most asian face better and the nose tip will be better with tipoplastry or something. thus korean style rhinoplastry is recommended than normal style

I shape is for the bridge to look higher and add more demension to it. but it does nothing to the tip.
Last edited by tanjhj on Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 4:43 am

drkid

Post by drkid » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 1:02 pm

Thanks a lot for your explanation, Tanjhj. It's true that the main point of cosmetic surgery basic is that "perform the possible change that not against the availabilty of the original structures" "if in doubt of the risk after the surgery, don't touch!"
I have more patients that faced with the serious complications and already destroyed the main structures such as skin, bone, cartilages change with scar or extrusion from the implants that made too high too sharp and high pressure at some points especially at the tip from the need of the patients that want to make it projected more, sharp, round and against the tension of the tip. When the implant extrudes the scar will be seen and deep dimple at the tip is the most complicated and irreversible.
The thickness of the skin and the fat at the tip are also the points that cause the problem to the doctors who want to make it small. The patients must have more scar if they want to make it smaller. How they accept the scar that can't be guaranteed about the symmetry, the stiffness and some cause bulging more.
Just want to explain some of the limitation in Asian noses and share some experience.
I never blame the doctors who perform the nose of Micheal Jackson but I don't want to be the one who do it to my patients though it changed a lot but cause the disfigure in the long term that uncorrectable.
Cheers