Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
crewbe

Post by crewbe » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:19 pm

hi all,

no idea why i was booted out. in fact for my grp none of us got into the 2nd round.... sighz. dunno to cry or to laugh, at least can console myself that is all bcoz of the interviewers were too strict. haha. but that will not be an excuse for me. ^^

leonine

Post by leonine » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 1:09 am

hi all, been reading thru the posts for the past 2 days and its discouraging :cry: after reading posts by tatiana and crewbe and i think i should not even try. u girls are close to perfect in weight & height but worry that u may be too "big". oh dear, im 1.6m/52-53kg or so and i guess i must be really too fat for it. can anyone advise if my ht/wt is within the "acceptable" range? anyway, for those who worry abt being big-framed, i do have friends who are 1.68m/60kg, swimmer built with good f&b experience and are flying with SQ, this should lessen your worries.

:lol:

missphish

Post by missphish » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 8:22 am

Plavt wrote:
corines143 wrote:. SIA will accept anyone cos they need more stewardess as they are getting more planes in..
I think you are in for something of a shock. :o :(
Yeap! Just because more planes are coming in and hence maybe higher demand for stewardess, they still got to maintain the standards and quality of the Singapore-Girls-To-Be.. It concerns their reputation and image..

Also, there have been many groups whereby no one made it to the 2nd round. And there's still elimination up till the final interview.. So the recruitment team is still pretty strict and they wont just accept anyone..

missphish

Ah_cat

Post by Ah_cat » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 8:23 am

corines143 wrote:AH Cat - i think you should just go for the interview. they do still have the flying mothers scheme on. my friend who is flying with is SILKAIR, she is 36 and she is still flying, she looks young though cos she takes care of her figure and skin. But no worries. just be confident, act young and show that you are indeed keen. you are slim and tall enough rite? I feel SIA has opened up alot and they are rather flexible now. just try.. even if you fail its okay cos when they open for walk-in in January. you can always go again... SIA will accept anyone cos they need more stewardess as they are getting more planes in.. just dont worry and do it!!! i support you.

so good luck to all of us!!!

cheers!
Corines,
I really like the way you encourage me. :)
Sure, will try my very best on Sun. Yes, I am very slim but not tall at all. Am only 1.6m 45kg...
Btw, other than keep on smiling, wearing my white blouse & dark color skirt, what are the things I should take note?

Plavt,
It's ok. At least as what ipod said, the worst scenario is being kicked out of the group. I guess I am old enuff to take it.

missphish

Post by missphish » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 8:30 am

leonine wrote:hi all, been reading thru the posts for the past 2 days and its discouraging :cry: after reading posts by tatiana and crewbe and i think i should not even try. u girls are close to perfect in weight & height but worry that u may be too "big". oh dear, im 1.6m/52-53kg or so and i guess i must be really too fat for it. can anyone advise if my ht/wt is within the "acceptable" range? anyway, for those who worry abt being big-framed, i do have friends who are 1.68m/60kg, swimmer built with good f&b experience and are flying with SQ, this should lessen your worries.

Hi Leonine,

your weight and height is perfectly fine. I've got a friend who's pretty much around your height and weight and she got through. And SIA do not want waffer-thin girls.. I'm on the slim side (not underweight) and both interviewers and doctor asked me to put on weight. They want healthy girls who have got enough muscles/strength to be able to help passengers put their luggages in the cabinets. Plus, the kerbaya wont look that good if you're very skinny. So don't worry so much about your height and weight. They'll tell you if its out of the acceptable range.

missphish

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:53 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know, lets say if you've gotten pass Sunday's interview when will the water confi test be? a weeks time? im frm malaysia so wanted to knw how many times i should expect to go down sg if i make it through. (cross fingers)

thanks..

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:54 pm

leonine wrote:hi all, been reading thru the posts for the past 2 days and its discouraging :cry: after reading posts by tatiana and crewbe and i think i should not even try.
Hi Leonine, sorry... my previous post might have made u worried, not to take it so serious as everything is just PURELY based on my observation. There must be some elements I'm lack of therefore I can't even get thru the first round. I'm putting the blame on my weight just to best convince myself with a reason of being rejected, who knows? :P

Well, try your best this coming Sunday n make sure u shine like no one else during the interview. Best of luck!

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

BMI

Post by blizz1209 » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 5:32 pm

leonine wrote:hi all, been reading thru the posts for the past 2 days and its discouraging :cry: after reading posts by tatiana and crewbe and i think i should not even try. u girls are close to perfect in weight & height but worry that u may be too "big". oh dear, im 1.6m/52-53kg or so and i guess i must be really too fat for it. can anyone advise if my ht/wt is within the "acceptable" range? anyway, for those who worry abt being big-framed, i do have friends who are 1.68m/60kg, swimmer built with good f&b experience and are flying with SQ, this should lessen your worries.

Wow... So many people seem to be discussing abt the height & weight thing before the very critical walk-in interview.

In order to find out if u r 'within the range'. U will need to calculate your BMI. SIA selects its candidates based on BMI. To find out more abt BMI, pls log on to www.hpb.gov.sg

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:50 pm

Ah Cat -

I just wana encourage you to go only actually. i didnt mean to Mislead you to say that SIA simply takes in ppl. i know how high a standard SIA sets on their ppl and training. I am sorry PLAVT to have said that. didnt mean it that way though.

anyway CAT, 45kg is quite skinny to me. normally so far the gals are like 50kg onwards.. even my friend in SIA has put on weight to abt 53kg now. oh well nevertheless pls go and try and be confident. we all should just go and try it out.. dont feel bad if you dont make it cos there is always a 2nd time next yr...

so good luck to all of you who are coming this sunday..

cheers
corine
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA interview.

Post by superpinkystar » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 1:20 pm

i've been trying for SQ since October last year. i got kicked out at management twice. once in Oct and the last one was in January. i stopped for a while before trying my luck again at the walk in in June. i was kicked out at kebaya because of the "scar" which they claimed i had on my face. i went for the recent one again, this time again.. i was kicked out at kebaya.

i would think all this is all based on luck..
*smile always

Puppy

Post by Puppy » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 1:28 pm

corines143 wrote:hey feiger

no there is no age limit but of cos you know you have to look presentable. appear youthful and got good complexion as well.
how old r you anyway? i got friends who are 28 - 33 who got in sia... so no probs. just be confident and keep smiling thats the trick

cheers

Hi Corines,

U mean u have friends at the age of 33 who got in during the interview? I am 32, and am not sure should I try again.

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 2:31 pm

Ok, the swimming pool is covered with black tiles and man made wave and thick black curtains were used to scare all the wits out from all cabin crew members.

During the water confidence test, I have seen 1 interviewee who acted so brave but when her turn comes, she closed her eyes and jumped and screamed so loudly all the way till she reached the water and she trashed wildly in the water (still screaming) and she was being axed off immediately. When i asked her why she scream, she told me that she was scared stiff that her lifevest will burst. :lol:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

nita_ash

Post by nita_ash » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 2:46 pm

oh no, 45kg is skinny? I am 45kg. The interview is on sunday and I had to get a pimple breakout now! My freaking height is already getting in the way.

Oh well, good luck to everyone who will be going for the interview to join SIA this sunday. :D

nita_ash

Post by nita_ash » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 2:53 pm

oh shit, does anyone know how to get to sheraton hotel?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 3:55 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:Ok, the swimming pool is covered with black tiles and man made wave and thick black curtains were used to scare all the wits out from all cabin crew members.
I don't know if you are simply trying to be a wind-up, if not that is not it's purpose as open seas are hardly calm all the time, especially in your part of the world.