Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
nita_ash

hey crewbe and corines

Post by nita_ash » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 1:06 pm

All the best to the both of you too. Yes, I know, I am kinda young, which is why I am afraid that they might not consider me, furthermore, I am a short girl, I am going there with heels, HOPING they will still give me a chance. I do not want to jump to conclusions even before I give it a try. And yes, I know how to swim. I think that they are looking for people who can swim to ensure that you can survive the waters in case of disaster and help out passengers at the same time too. I guess that if you do not know how to swim, you do not need to worry as much since you will be given life jackets. Just hope that they are not crappy ones.lol. :???:
By the way crewbe, do you know the reason you were kicked out after the first round the last time?

regards,
nita

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 1:14 pm

nita ash - how short are you?
its not abt your age you know
so many girls who are 20 yrs old got in the last round .. its more of how u speak, present yourselves and how you read... they wanna test you on this.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Ah_cat

Post by Ah_cat » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 2:08 pm

Hi corines or anybody,

I am a 30 yrs old married woman with a child. Just tell me whether I stand any chance & I will brave my way for the Sun interview.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 2:16 pm

Ah_cat wrote:Hi corines or anybody,

I am a 30 yrs old married woman with a child. Just tell me whether I stand any chance & I will brave my way for the Sun interview.

I don't know but if you get in,you will go under the "Flying Mom" scheme..Because you have kids and this will allow you to return home to your family everyday after your flights..I think you should just go and give it a try..Who knows you might get in?Good luck anyway for this Sunday's interview.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

ipodnano

Post by ipodnano » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 2:18 pm

Hi Ah_cat... if you do NOT go this Sunday, I can assure you that you will definitely have NO chance of getting in..

you wouldn't know till you try... just weigh the worst and best thing that could happen...

worst = you don't get in.. waste the taxi fare.. waste a few hours of your day...

best = you get in

not bad, rite?

feiger

Post by feiger » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 2:18 pm

HI NEWBIE,

Thanks for your encouragement ,, (",) I am 26 yr ..kinda old rite

Ah_cat

Post by Ah_cat » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 2:38 pm

Hi SQ & ipod,
U all really jab me a courage boaster!
Ok, then I should try my luck. Hope I can be a LEGEND. :lol:

tatiana

Re: hey corines143

Post by tatiana » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 3:04 pm

blizz1209 wrote:
SIA already standardized all crews with the same look by grooming them in the same make-up, same uniform, same hairstyle (the bun) and etc.. Can't imagine they wanna standardized the size as well :? Omg, it will be so dull :shock:

blizz
Thank you blizz! I'm kinda worry they wanna standardize the size of their FSS too! :P I'm now taking my time to figure out the reason why I wasn't successful in that occasion. Must first to improve myself then to gain more confidence before the next strike. (might as well to lose some weight, haha) No point to try blindly without knowing the actual reason why of being rejected. Too bad, the 12th Nov walk-in seems a little too soon for me, so it's not my day. Thanks for your support blizz, SQ is so lucky to have u aboard... Not sure if we could work in the same galley some day later but I will try my best n work hard till I touch the sky. :D

nita_ash

hey corines

Post by nita_ash » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 3:26 pm

hey corines,

My height is probably between the range of 1.56-1.58m i think. I am unsure of my actualy height. I guess that it all depends on the apparatus used to measure it. I got a different reading for the different measuring tapes I used. I am pretty confident about the way I present myself, talk and read. Not trying to show off or anything, but I think that it is important to be sure of what you are good at when you go for an interview and expose those qualities to the people who are interviewing you. You had asked me if i was still schooling, yes I am. I am a final year polytechnic student and I am going to graduate in February. Assuming the time period for the entire selection process, I believe that if i am selected, I can start off training right after I graduate. :wink:
Let's hope for the best.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 3:47 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

I don't know but if you get in,you will go under the "Flying Mom" scheme.
According to the Straits Times so time ago the 'Flying Mums' sheme was to be scrapped, whether it was or not I don't know.

maddette

Post by maddette » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 4:20 pm

Thank you missphiss! But also another factor to consider, maybe I'm too tall (1.78m) *pouts*

Cheers
maddie

jsamills

Post by jsamills » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 6:10 pm

Now even the 'flying mothers' go on long haul flight, they don't just do short turnarounds anymore, I have recently flew with a few mothers on long flights such as zurich, christchurch.. etc they just bring the photos of their children whever they fly ahaha personally I love working with flying mums cause they are more tolerant of your mistakes and less bitchy, or zappy

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 9:22 pm

AH Cat - i think you should just go for the interview. they do still have the flying mothers scheme on. my friend who is flying with is SILKAIR, she is 36 and she is still flying, she looks young though cos she takes care of her figure and skin. But no worries. just be confident, act young and show that you are indeed keen. you are slim and tall enough rite? I feel SIA has opened up alot and they are rather flexible now. just try.. even if you fail its okay cos when they open for walk-in in January. you can always go again... SIA will accept anyone cos they need more stewardess as they are getting more planes in.. just dont worry and do it!!! i support you.

nite ash - well i am not too sure abt your height but just dont worry and go for it. if you fail. dont ever take it to heart. just go again when they have another walk-in. the thing is DONT GIVE UP your dream. its not your fault you got to tell yourself. different interviewers set different expectations thats why. they dont go by the book. so just smileee keep smiling your Millon dollar smile but also dont be over-confidence. they dont like to see ppl being over confident i guess..

so good luck to all of us!!!

cheers!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 9:59 pm

corines143 wrote:. SIA will accept anyone cos they need more stewardess as they are getting more planes in..
I think you are in for something of a shock. :o :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:01 pm

corines143 wrote:they do still have the flying mothers scheme on.
Are you quite sure about that,? See the post above your own, I still recall much of what was said in 'The Straits Times'.