Singapore Expats

Registration on SIA Recruitment on Sunday

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 9:19 pm

dear jol,
erm,i've to say be confi but humble.dont get nervous and stumble when u r doin ur self-intro..smile all da way!!!!!!!!! :D :) :wink: 8-)

jol

Post by jol » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 9:36 pm

em.. how do u get through it?
coz im like .. stumble the 1st time, i dun noe how to self intro.. thenn....
brgs,
jol

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:06 pm

it's hard for me to describe how do i make it tru ler..erm,i just talked bout my current status,my previous coll life and a lil bout my family.that's it lo.. :)

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:57 pm

hie shrapnel..

came to know that you're malaysian.. im malaysian as well and i will be trying my luck this coming sunday.. great to hear that you've made it, congrats!

Curious :) were you a stewardess (im assuming you're a female) before this or did you have any working experience or you're straight from college?

cheers!

ciao..

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:36 pm

thanks indcisive!!!i just graduated fr kl and the timing was accurate so i just try out for the interview conducted at kl..anything pm ya!

missphish

Post by missphish » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 9:01 am

jol wrote:em.. how do u get through it?
brgs,
jol
Hello jol,

preparation is very important.. try think of a list of questions which they might ask you, take some time to sit down and think what it is that you want to tell them and what purpose.

E.g. Tell me more about yourself..
.... I enjoy experiencing and learning different cultures and languages. During when-and-when i participated in immersion programs or took up languages..

So the your aim is to highlight that you know a 3rd language, might be able to contribute to the airline when operating on certain flights. Someone very indepent/sociable cos you went overseas alone etc..

Jus an example.. Don't just babble and tell them useless information all the time.. You only have a couple of minutes so make the best use of it!!

Oh and the previous previous recruitment, the applicants were asked which country they most want to travel to and why. On top of introduction. So go prepared and run through the rough outline/things which you want to highlight and bring to their attention. They might ask a whole array of questions so at least cover those which have come up before. Then higher chances of progressing on right? =)

missphish

jol

Post by jol » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 9:10 am

missphish wrote:
jol wrote:em.. how do u get through it?
brgs,
jol
Hello jol,

preparation is very important.. try think of a list of questions which they might ask you, take some time to sit down and think what it is that you want to tell them and what purpose.

E.g. Tell me more about yourself..
.... I enjoy experiencing and learning different cultures and languages. During when-and-when i participated in immersion programs or took up languages..

So the your aim is to highlight that you know a 3rd language, might be able to contribute to the airline when operating on certain flights. Someone very indepent/sociable cos you went overseas alone etc..

Jus an example.. Don't just babble and tell them useless information all the time.. You only have a couple of minutes so make the best use of it!!

Oh and the previous previous recruitment, the applicants were asked which country they most want to travel to and why. On top of introduction. So go prepared and run through the rough outline/things which you want to highlight and bring to their attention. They might ask a whole array of questions so at least cover those which have come up before. Then higher chances of progressing on right? =)

missphish
hi missphish,
thank you for the message! i appreciate it! r u now flying now with SQ already? im juz wondering wat clothes to wear.. hehe.. n how am i gona present myself on that day.
brgs,
jol

missphish

Post by missphish » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Jol,

I just got thru the interviews and am starting training this week.. heh very excited about it..

just wear something which you're comfortable in .. not casual wear though. Respect the interviewers.. =) Like what shrapnel said in previous posts, just be confident and humble, smile ALOT.. charm your way through!! They like cheerful people..

All the best this sunday ya?

missphish

jol

Post by jol » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 8:52 pm

missphish wrote:Hi Jol,

I just got thru the interviews and am starting training this week.. heh very excited about it..

just wear something which you're comfortable in .. not casual wear though. Respect the interviewers.. =) Like what shrapnel said in previous posts, just be confident and humble, smile ALOT.. charm your way through!! They like cheerful people..

All the best this sunday ya?

missphish
hi missphish,
thank alot again and Shrapnel too!