Singapore Expats

airline staff pass benefits

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
estella85

airline staff pass benefits

Post by estella85 » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 9:33 pm

Hi everyone,

i'm new here (but i'm not cabin crew..hopefully i'm not the odd one here)..anyway i just joined SIA and just wondering with our staff pass, is there any where we can enjoy discounts? haha.. :lol: :oops:

cheers =)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 06 Oct 2006 2:53 pm

50% off gucci? lolx... jk...
"City of Ang3Ls"

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Re: airline staff pass benefits

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 06 Oct 2006 4:43 pm

estella85 wrote:Hi everyone,

i'm new here (but i'm not cabin crew..hopefully i'm not the odd one here)..anyway i just joined SIA and just wondering with our staff pass, is there any where we can enjoy discounts? haha.. :lol: :oops:

cheers =)
There is a hand and foot massage parlour at Downtown East,Pasir Ris...I read the signboard put up and it says that if you are a Cabin Crew show them your pass and you'll get a discount or something..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Re: airline staff pass benefits

Post by jencrs » Sat, 07 Oct 2006 2:32 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
estella85 wrote:Hi everyone,

cheers =)
There is a hand and foot massage parlour at Downtown East,Pasir Ris...I read the signboard put up and it says that if you are a Cabin Crew show them your pass and you'll get a discount or something..
She said she's not cabin crew. Anyway, I've never actually seen an actual list of places where you can enjoy discounts. Maybe it's because most of the places giving these discounts don't actually have an official tie-up with SIA.

You can log onto the company intranet where you'll find details on medical, dental, travel, hotel benefits and other mundane stuff like that. But the more interesting benefits you can probably get thru word of mouth. Off the top of my head, staff get discounts off all restaurants in Changi Airport, stays in company approved hotels, dfs shops, drinks and cover charges in various nightspots etc. Ask your colleagues. And if you did actually find a list, I'd be very interested to have a look at it.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:25 am

You should be given a list of outlets for discounts for the jobscope you were employed for. It would include addresses of GPs and dental clinics, local or overseas hotels and restaurants and shops and boutiques. Check with your in-charge. If not, the only places you get your discounts would be at the airport only, which isn't that bad at all actually.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Confidence Test - Backstroke??

Post by corines143 » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:07 am

Heya Singapore Girl. OR whoever who has passed the Water COnfidence Test.... do you have to know Backstroke?
cos i only know basic swimming. breast stroke..
pls fill me in on the details OR msn me at [email protected] as i wish to know. thanks heaps. cheers.... :P :D
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 6:23 am

You have a life vest on - Kick your way. Just kick to shore.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Confidence Test - Backstroke??

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:49 pm

corines143 wrote:Heya Singapore Girl. OR whoever who has passed the Water COnfidence Test.... do you have to know Backstroke?
cos i only know basic swimming. breast stroke..
pls fill me in on the details OR msn me at [email protected] as i wish to know. thanks heaps. cheers.... :P :D
Yep you are given a lifevest so just push with your hands and kick with your legs. It's not hard at all.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:44 pm

singapore girl

thanks !!

i will be going for the interview this sunday, 12th nov.
any tips for me?
is it ok to wear a white top with knee length skirt and heels?

how long have you been flying? i cant wait to be up there.. and also i love to serve ppl which is why i am in the usherng minsitry.
care to chat? add me to msn... [email protected]

cheers
corines
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:15 pm

If the original poster or anyone else is still interested, you can find a list of staff benefits under the EBB after signing onto sqnet (SIA intranet). It's not in any one place, you would find a lot of the listed benefits under "travel tips" and "other news".