Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 7:46 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:Hi people,
I have a query actually. In the SQ website, it doesnt state that PR's will be accepted in this intake. Im just wondering if it is understood that when they say 'Singapore/Malaysian Citizens', it also means PR's. Cuz on previous posts, they clearly stated it.
I just dont want to go down if they are clearly gonna ask me to leave, cuz im gonna have to go through alot to go down for the interview this sunday.
And another query actually, i am acutally half korean with British nationality(passport) but Singapore PR of cos. I was born here and been here ever since. I don't know how strict SIA is with their policies, but is that a reason for them to reject me? If anyone actually knows, kindly let me know. Thanks a bunch
This issue was raised elsewhere in this thread and as far as I remember it is perfectly permissible for those with PR status to apply. That said they can always change their policies so if I can find the relevant information I will post the results here on the other hand it may be a good idea to contact the airline themselves.

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 8:17 pm

Plavt wrote:
I have a query actually. In the SQ website, it doesnt state that PR's will be accepted in this intake. Im just wondering if it is understood that when they say 'Singapore/Malaysian Citizens', it also means PR's. Cuz on previous posts, they clearly stated it.
I just dont want to go down if they are clearly gonna ask me to leave, cuz im gonna have to go through alot to go down for the interview this sunday.
And another query actually, i am acutally half korean with British nationality(passport) but Singapore PR of cos. I was born here and been here ever since. I don't know how strict SIA is with their policies, but is that a reason for them to reject me? If anyone actually knows, kindly let me know. Thanks a bunch
This issue was raised elsewhere in this thread and as far as I remember it is perfectly permissible for those with PR status to apply. That said they can always change their policies so if I can find the relevant information I will post the results here on the other hand it may be a good idea to contact the airline themselves.
Thanks very much. Glad to hear =)

mictan86

Post by mictan86 » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 8:43 pm

Hi All,

May I ask some questions, please? Hope to see some light here.

1) For someone who is going to NTU in Jul 07, should he/she apply for the cabin crew post this coming interview?

2) If application is successful, will he/she need to put off his studies? Or can he/she work from now till sch term starts, then later go back to studies, and work during sch hols?

thank you! :D

hippo_girl

Post by hippo_girl » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 9:11 pm

thanks toygirl for e encouragement... *u r always so sweet & helpful*

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:25 pm

Plavt wrote:
Suzy,

After have a good look at the SQ site advertisement and downloading the various application forms and reading over them it would seem that this intake is limited to Singaporean or Malaysian Citizens only. Other position applications on the website specifically indicate PR while the current application form for Flight Attendant does not. However, while it did NOT say PR's it still left the field for PINK/BLUE NRIC's probably because of Malaysian PR's in Singapore (lots of them). They are Malaysian Citizens but have Blue Singapore PR NRIC's. I think in this case the only thing you could do would be to call them direct or just go down to the walk-in anyway.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:32 pm

grivoise wrote:
anti_spy999, are you for real?
Yep, i am 1 of the interviewer. If you happened to be interviewed by me, you must consider yourself unlucky because i am very fussy. First impression always count. On the English part, i will close 1 eye and let the girls in even though they might stammer a bit. I know they are nervous. But if you use broken english just to test my patience, i will send you home in tears. Sometimes, my words hurt but i have got no choice because i want to see your reaction.

Any questions to ask, SQ fans?? :D
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

beenhoon

Post by beenhoon » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:03 pm

Last edited by beenhoon on Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:03 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:
Yep, i am 1 of the interviewer. If you happened to be interviewed by me, you must consider yourself unlucky because i am very fussy. First impression always count. On the English part, i will close 1 eye and let the girls in even though they might stammer a bit. I know they are nervous. But if you use broken english just to test my patience, i will send you home in tears. Sometimes, my words hurt but i have got no choice because i want to see your reaction.

Any questions to ask, SQ fans?? :D
You will have to do better than that if you want to convince me, have a good look at your post!

mictan86

Post by mictan86 » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:36 pm

blancD: could you pM me your email? i cant reply you, due to insufficient post.

Anyway, just want to thank you for your reply. Got something else I wish to ask you =) Thanks! :D

Lighthammer

Post by Lighthammer » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:50 pm

Toygirl, perhaps you can email me your email address. I would like to ask a few more questions and I think it would be beneficial for me. Would you mind? My email is [email protected]. Thank you. :)

Yoman

Post by Yoman » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:56 pm

Hi, issit really rude for a guy to wear dark colour shirt for an interview, as mention by the SIA interviewer in this forum? not black ofcourse, just dark grey. And i intend to put on a tie for the interview, will i be overdress and look stupid? cos for me i think its proper manners to put on at least a tie for the guys. pls help.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:02 am

Yoman wrote:Hi, issit really rude for a guy to wear dark colour shirt for an interview, as mention by the SIA interviewer in this forum? not black ofcourse, just dark grey. And i intend to put on a tie for the interview, will i be overdress and look stupid? cos for me i think its proper manners to put on at least a tie for the guys. pls help.

In a word I am would say 'cobblers' to the post by the supposed SIA interviewer, why would it matter what colour your shirt apart from black or something outlandish? Wearing a tie to an interview is generally consired good manners as you rightly say.
Last edited by Plavt on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Suzy,

After have a good look at the SQ site advertisement and downloading the various application forms and reading over them it would seem that this intake is limited to Singaporean or Malaysian Citizens only. Other position applications on the website specifically indicate PR while the current application form for Flight Attendant does not. However, while it did NOT say PR's it still left the field for PINK/BLUE NRIC's probably because of Malaysian PR's in Singapore (lots of them). They are Malaysian Citizens but have Blue Singapore PR NRIC's. I think in this case the only thing you could do would be to call them direct or just go down to the walk-in anyway.

sms
Thanks for the input. Ill take note of that. Ive acutally filled in the application form already, but ill make a call just to double check. Always better to be sure of things! Thanks agian

Yoman

Post by Yoman » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:07 am

Plavt wrote:
Yoman wrote:Hi, issit really rude for a guy to wear dark colour shirt for an interview, as mention by the SIA interviewer in this forum? not black ofcourse, just dark grey. And i intend to put on a tie for the interview, will i be overdress and look stupid? cos for me i think its proper manners to put on at least a tie for the guys. pls help.

In a word I am would say 'cobblers' to the post by the supposed SIA interviewer, why would it matter what colour your shirt apart from black or something outlandish? Wearing a tie to an interview is generally consired good manners as you rightly say.
Thanks a millions for giving me the answers. Anyway im already 27 this year and im just a O level holder, so naturally i feel a bit inferior to those younger and handsome guys holding Dips or degrees haha. but still will give it a shot.

Lighthammer

Post by Lighthammer » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:26 am

Hey Yoman, you're also feeling a little inferior? I'm also not confident. Maybe we can meet up and go together.. haha. Can give me an email if you do want to. Its on a few posts earlier.