Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:30 am

dear fish fish,
u can go earlier (bout 7.30-8.30am) for registration so u wont get stuck in the crowd during the interview.the place would be the venue stated.i guess it's at sheraton hotel rite..
just for ur info,the interview will last for whole day if u're able to go tru all the stages..anyway,all da best n good luck!!!

love,
shrapnel

jol

hi fishfish

Post by jol » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 1:07 pm

fishfish wrote:Hi everyone,

the next coming flight stewardesses/stewards interview will be conducted on 12 Nov.

It is stated that pls bring along cert...and register between 9-12am, my question is when should I register and the place for the registration?

anyone can advise me?

fishfish :D
Halo fishfish,
i will be going for the interview, do u intend to go for it too?? wat time u planning to go? coz i suppose there willbe many people going for it.
:D
Brgs,
jol

fishfish

Post by fishfish » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 2:23 pm

Ya it's a sheraton hotel! So the date of the registration period is on 12Nov right?

Ok, Thanks a lot! shrapnel :D btw, all the 4 sections will be held on that day in one go? or just the first stage?

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 3:28 pm

yaya..u can check it out at singaporeair.com.sg.the first day will be 3 rounds which is group interview,kebaya session and one to one interview..if u were able to go tru all the stages,u'll receive a memo for the water confi test(4th round).it'll be held maybe the next day or next week..it depends.
so all da best once again to all who's trying on 12nov ya!!!!
smile n cheerzzzz

love,
shrapnel

kimmizhu

sia interview

Post by kimmizhu » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 3:56 pm

Hi,

Does anybody have any ideas if Sia will be holding any recruitments in Dec after the 12th nov one? I heard this will be the last recruitment for this year and after that, they won't be holding any more interviews next year. Is this true? Coz I can't make it for the Nov one :cry: Just wanna find out how long do I have to wait for the next recruitment then. Any kind souls who know pls enlighten me. Thanks! :o

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 4:05 pm

It's all dependant on Cabin Crew Division whether they have sufficient crew before they launch another recruitment cycle. Rather than keep waiting, I think if you can make it go for it.

kimmizhu

Post by kimmizhu » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 4:12 pm

Haiz, I wish I can make it, but I won't be in Singapore on that day. :( Anyway, I have a scar on my forearm, dun think they gonna pass me thru too even if I made it to the kebeya round. Thanks anyway to your kind reply! :D

kristen
Regular
Regular

hey ppl.. ;)

Post by kristen » Tue, 31 Oct 2006 7:19 pm

from the previous post, someone mentioned that there wunt be any recruitment next year?..are u kidding me?..gosh...ok common sense,i noe, shud they need more cabin crews, they will have d recruitment..but does tat mean tat d chances are low..u see, now im sure d intake is tight..so like hw long more do we have to wait next year till they decide they are in need of more cabin crews...?next year december?goshh!...... ; ( hopefully there be another recruitment drive next year january.......ahhhhhhhhhhh ; )

anyways,good luck to all..be urself...if u dun get accepted, brush ur shoulders, n try again..lol...keep d spirit burning .[/b]

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 3:11 pm

i dont think theyre'll be no recruitment next year..i mean not even a single one???as there'll be more planes coming up next year i'm sure sia need a lot of potential cabin crew in order to cater the growth n to boost up the contingent of air stewardesses n swewards of about 6,500 crews.

ipodnano

Is it only open to Singaporeans and Malaysians?

Post by ipodnano » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 4:14 pm

Singapore Permanent Residents of other nationality cannot? :?

angel_cambiel

Post by angel_cambiel » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 6:31 pm

Wah...if there's no more recruitment next year I'll be damn sad lor. I'm already 23 this year, graduated a few mths back with a degree which in my opinion, isn't a big deal since I'm not interested in that. I can't go for the upcoming recruitment session as I have quite a number of spots protruding from the skin surface around my eyes area. No point using makeup to try to conver since they protrude. They are skin coloured though.. Doc said caused by sweat glands and hereditary (though my family members dont have...)and laser is not advisable coz too ex and the spots might recur in future oso.

Have gone to the National Skin centre for my first treatment last mth using electrosurgery. Doc used a pen like thing to burn some of the spots off. Really painful despite the numbing cream but up till now I don't see any difference. Really frustrating coz the slots are always fully booked and although the doc said I need 2 to 3 sessions (2 is unlikely considering my progress..) he didn't try to arrange a series of appointments at once. So I can only make next appointment after each session.

Unlike my other friends who also graduated from a local uni, I'm tired of office jobs (have been working in office for almost all my vacation jobs and feel it's just not me...). For a non-office job, a cabin crew position is most ideal. I was thinking if I were to get tired of it, I could stop after the contract is over and with the savings, I can take a graduate diploma or degree in hospitality management. By that time, I would have lots of experience in handling people and this would probably make me more marketable if I have a degree in that as well, when I'm looking for a job in the hospitality industry :)

I'm 1.7m tall and slim, 51kg.. but I dun like my hips (feel that I have full hips, envy people who have flat butts). I think in my case, my hips and more importantly my skin problem are the obstacles to my dream. Wait cannot even fit in the kebaya skirt :(

In the meantime I try not to think too much though I'm conscious of every recruitment sessions I'm missing these few mths but I know that if I brood over it too much, I'll just end up being disappointed if I can't qualify. But if next year, they really don't have any recruitment sessions, I can't possibly sit and wait forever. Like it or not, I might have to eventually settle for an office job coz 23 isn't tht young also.

Good luck to all of u girls who are going for the session on the 12th!! May ur dream of being an Singapore Girl come true!

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: hey ppl.. ;)

Post by Plavt » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 6:36 pm

kristen wrote:from the previous post, someone mentioned that there wunt be any recruitment next year?
Who said it and more to the point is it true? In an industry with a growing market and a high turnover of staff I think such a statement may turn out to be a work of fiction.

nipnip22

Post by nipnip22 » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 6:52 pm

angel_cambiel wrote:Wah...if there's no more recruitment next year I'll be damn sad lor. I'm already 23 this year, graduated a few mths back with a degree which in my opinion, isn't a big deal since I'm not interested in that. I can't go for the upcoming recruitment session as I have quite a number of spots protruding from the skin surface around my eyes area. No point using makeup to try to conver since they protrude. They are skin coloured though.. Doc said caused by sweat glands and hereditary (though my family members dont have...)and laser is not advisable coz too ex and the spots might recur in future oso.

Have gone to the National Skin centre for my first treatment last mth using electrosurgery. Doc used a pen like thing to burn some of the spots off. Really painful despite the numbing cream but up till now I don't see any difference. Really frustrating coz the slots are always fully booked and although the doc said I need 2 to 3 sessions (2 is unlikely considering my progress..) he didn't try to arrange a series of appointments at once. So I can only make next appointment after each session.

Unlike my other friends who also graduated from a local uni, I'm tired of office jobs (have been working in office for almost all my vacation jobs and feel it's just not me...). For a non-office job, a cabin crew position is most ideal. I was thinking if I were to get tired of it, I could stop after the contract is over and with the savings, I can take a graduate diploma or degree in hospitality management. By that time, I would have lots of experience in handling people and this would probably make me more marketable if I have a degree in that as well, when I'm looking for a job in the hospitality industry :)

I'm 1.7m tall and slim, 51kg.. but I dun like my hips (feel that I have full hips, envy people who have flat butts). I think in my case, my hips and more importantly my skin problem are the obstacles to my dream. Wait cannot even fit in the kebaya skirt :(

In the meantime I try not to think too much though I'm conscious of every recruitment sessions I'm missing these few mths but I know that if I brood over it too much, I'll just end up being disappointed if I can't qualify. But if next year, they really don't have any recruitment sessions, I can't possibly sit and wait forever. Like it or not, I might have to eventually settle for an office job coz 23 isn't tht young also.

Good luck to all of u girls who are going for the session on the 12th!! May ur dream of being an Singapore Girl come true!
Hi angel I think otherwise! You should feel lucky to be born with fuller hips and butt that's what makes a woman more curvy and therefore sexy! Don't fret my dear just continue going for your treatment sessions at NSC. I am currently undergoing laser for my face as well. You usually wont see results after the first or 2nd session. Improvements can usually be more obvious after the 3rd treatment. Be patient! :D
Cheers,
Nip

angel_cambiel

Post by angel_cambiel » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 7:34 pm

Thx nipnip :) but can be quite difficult to buy bottoms coz certain bottoms can make my butt look fat -_-

For laser, need to injection that part of ur face right? Wah... must hurt alot too... Coz my problem is near the eyes, so the doc daren't work on too many spots at once. I was tearing quite badly when he burnt the spots hahah... very painful... After each session, the area will swell so I can't go out for a week. Even if wanna look for temp job in the meantime oso must think of the appointment coz which company will let me take a week off?

Is ur laser treatment turning out well? Hope it is nothing too major :) Then u can quickly take the opportunity and go for the next recruitment session.

piNk APpLe

Re: Water Confidence Test 18 Oct

Post by piNk APpLe » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:52 pm

missphish wrote:
mayfair wrote:Me too on Monday!
anyone went for 18th October's? Please share the procedure and elimination rate...Thankyou in advance!
Hey there...

I went for the 18th Oct Water Confidence Test .. there were 40 of us and only 4 got eliminated. The reasons why those 4 were eliminated were not given and according to the lady who conducted it, there are no quotas whenever they conduct interviews. It depends on the quality of the applicants.

With regards to the previous post, on how to get to CLC, you can either
1) take a cab there,
2) take bus from tanah merah / bedok.
Would suggest that if taking cab, don't bother trying to get one from bedok or tanah merah.. cos the queue is amazingly long.. As for bus, its bus 2 or 24. If you take bus from tanah merah, a good timing would be around 8am from the bustop heading towards the direction of tampines. (From the control station, go down escalator, turn right) Keep a look out for this sign saying "STC" on your right. Then you alight.

Will walk to the security post and change your IC for a pass, after which, can just ask for directions from the security guards there. You should walk towards your right, go through a carpark and see this tall building in front of you. Just gather around at the lobby area and when most are there, someone will bring you all to CLC. Oh changing of the pass might take a while so give yourself some buffer time.

We were ushered to the theaterette and indemity forms were collected and everyone is numbered according to alphabetical order. (I was the last!!) Then we were brought to the pool area and told to change into swimwear. Height n weight were taken, we were briefed on life vest and 1-20 started first. It was very simple, just dun be afraid to jump into the pool. Its a water confidence test, not a swim test. So there were some non-swimmers who got through too. After which someone checked our arms and complexion. Results were then announced immediately.

However the lady did say that they always change their assesment methods and sequence so what happened on 18th might not be exactly the same as the upcoming one. But yea.. hope this was of use. Be confident!! =)

missphish
hi missphish,
u manage to get into SQ? when's ur final interview? i oso did e water confidence test on 18 oct.. u r which number leh?