Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 5:15 pm

Hopeful Guy - I understand TG is using Red Dot this time - which are all ex-SQ oldies. The format may change but as long as you have enthusiasm and passion you should be fine.

I notice you kept trying for QR and were not successful. Try out for TG and even though it pays peanuts, it's good learning ground.

Good luck.

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

TG

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 8:14 pm

toygirl wrote:Hopeful Guy - I understand TG is using Red Dot this time - which are all ex-SQ oldies. The format may change but as long as you have enthusiasm and passion you should be fine.

I notice you kept trying for QR and were not successful. Try out for TG and even though it pays peanuts, it's good learning ground.

Good luck.
Hee..toygirl, u noticed :P Paiseh...

I will go read the earlier threads now...

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sat, 28 Oct 2006 7:36 am

Don't worry :) You'll do well, if you keep trying and improving, you'll be successful!

1. Practice your self introduction
2. Smile
3. Be concrete on why do you want to be crew.

Never give the answer - I want to fly. :)

Take care - We hope to hear good news from you soon!

siangz

requirement

Post by siangz » Sun, 29 Oct 2006 1:24 am

What is the requirement for tiger airway like? :D thank for sharing.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Mon, 30 Oct 2006 7:55 am

Siangz - Here are the requirements at Tiger : -

Requirements:

Every new flight attendant will be provided with comprehensive training in in-flight services and safety & evacuation procedures. However to qualify for this opportunity, you will need to meet the following criteria:

• Minimum height of 1.58m (females) and 1.65m (males)
• Minimum age of 18 years
• Minimum four N-Levels or equivalent
• Good command of spoken and written English

What is the maximum age limit?
There is no maximum age limit for our flight attendant applications.

Who can apply?
Singaporeans, Singapore PR holders and foreign nationalities from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan. Other nationalities can apply as well subjected to the Ministry of Manpower's approval.

Can males apply as well?
Yes, you can! All Singaporean males must have completed their National Service prior to application.

Do I need a passport to apply?
Yes, you need a passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.

Will I be bonded if I'm hired?
Yes, there will be a 12-months bond for undergoing the Tiger Airways Training Programme.

Can mothers apply as well?
Yes, mothers can apply.

uglyguy

Post by uglyguy » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 5:46 pm

Dear all,

Just to check, how long does it takes for red dot to call the candidates for the second interview?

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

TR

Post by Hopeful guy » Wed, 01 Nov 2006 8:48 pm

uglyguy wrote:Dear all,

Just to check, how long does it takes for red dot to call the candidates for the second interview?
Harlow uglyguy,

Well, they say it takes about 1 week for them to come back to us. I was informed by reddot during the interview that they are looking for more male crew. So keep ur fingers crossed. Good Luck!

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

Re: TR

Post by Hopeful guy » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 8:41 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:
uglyguy wrote:Dear all,

Harlow uglyguy,

Well, they say it takes about 1 week for them to come back to us. I was informed by reddot during the interview that they are looking for more male crew. So keep ur fingers crossed. Good Luck!
Hi guys.

Today, Tiger starts calling up those that are shortlisted. They called my fren but not me... :( Waited but no call yet.

Not sure if they do it by batches... sigh. Anyone got that call too? Can share the info?

Any insider knows if they will cont to call these few days?

shazcious

Post by shazcious » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 9:04 pm

Hi Hopeful guy,

I got the call today and my interview is tomorrow at 3pm. Have you got your call yet?

The guy told me that if successful, we will commence training on the 13th November. Im not sure if it's gonna be a one to one interview or a group interview. Anyone can fill me in on that?

Thanks! :)

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 9:19 pm

shazcious wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

I got the call today and my interview is tomorrow at 3pm. Have you got your call yet?

The guy told me that if successful, we will commence training on the 13th November. Im not sure if it's gonna be a one to one interview or a group interview. Anyone can fill me in on that?

first interview - group. ;)

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

TR

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 7:25 pm

shazcious wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

Hello...

I didnt receive any call. :(

piNk APpLe

why?

Post by piNk APpLe » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 8:29 pm

why do u guys want to join tiger as steward?

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:59 pm

Because it's a stepping stone or to gain experience?

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

TR

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:23 pm

toygirl wrote:Because it's a stepping stone or to gain experience?
...and not only that, its the first time Tiger is recruiting male cabin crew. So we want to be the first batch of male crew. But too bad I have to, again , remain as hopeful. Getting tired sometimes but I have to keep trying. Sometimes I just wonder why bother to get all these excellent service awards when it cannot even clinch me to be shortlisted. Sigh...

Shoohh...Go away negative tots...

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: TR

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:11 am

Hopeful guy wrote:
toygirl wrote:Because it's a stepping stone or to gain experience?
...and not only that, its the first time Tiger is recruiting male cabin crew. So we want to be the first batch of male crew. But too bad I have to, again , remain as hopeful. Getting tired sometimes but I have to keep trying. Sometimes I just wonder why bother to get all these excellent service awards when it cannot even clinch me to be shortlisted. Sigh...

Shoohh...Go away negative tots...
stop your negative thoughts and be positive. i'm sure one day, you will be a steward. GOOO... I will support u.